Staples Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1.9

243 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Sale Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Staples (San Jose, CA) in July 2017.

Interview

I applied to staples, but after a week of waiting they didn't call me, so I had to call them. Got an interview. The interview was one on one with one of the managers, he talked about what staples was like and stuff like that, then he asked me if I had any questions. It was kinda weird and thought why he didn't ask me many questions. Afterwards, he said they call me on Wednesday, but I didn't get the call, so I had to call them again and they told me they were still interviewing other applicants.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any job experience?
    What clubs or school activities were you involved in?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Staples

Sale Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pinole, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Staples (Pinole, CA).

Interview

Met with the GM, Nice easy guy to talk to. Spoke with him in about my current situation what was expected on the job. What hours I was looking to work and what type of commitment I would be able to give regarding the position.

Interview Questions

• How did I Feel about customer service   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Mansfield, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Staples (Mansfield, TX) in December 2014.

Interview

I met with Assistant Manager and he asked me a few questions about availability and how I am working with others. The whole interview was done in the back of the store where the desks were sold.

Interview Questions

• How are you with other people?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Levittown, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Staples (Levittown, NY).

Interview

After online application, I was either called or e-mailed with an opportunity to come meet with the manager. This was my first job, but the manager seemed excited and confident. Early on, I felt I was hired and he just wanted to make sure I wasn't a weirdo.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Staples (Sacramento, CA) in August 2017.

Interview

I met with two of the assistant managers at my local store. I thought the interview went well. I followed up with a "thank you" email to the store manager, but it has been over a week and I have yet to receive an offer.

Interview Questions

• I was surprised to be asked about the working conditions at my current employer.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Staples (New York, NY) in September 2017.

Interview

The interview process has two phases, A phone interview and a face to face interview. If your resume is selected you will received an email, briefing that the hiring manager is interesting in your resume and want to discuss the post you apply for. He or she will ask you to reply to the email stating your most convenient time for a phone interview.

Anonymous Employee in Syracuse, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Staples (Syracuse, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

I was asked a number of questions that were not too difficult. He just wanted to make sure that I was available to work and that I was hardworking and had a strong work ethic. He wanted me to treat customers well and smile to make them feel welcomed.

Interview Questions

• I honestly don't remember the questions that I was asked because they were really straightforward.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Staples.

Interview

Simple and easy process. The interview was set up, I went to the interview, I was hired on the spot, and they immediately began the paperwork process. No problems at all.

Anonymous Employee in Hershey, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Staples (Hershey, PA) in September 2017.

Interview

I showed up early but had to wait until my schedule time anyway. We went into a really big empty conference room. Interviewer was quiet and maybe a little shy which made my quiet/shy side come out too. The entire interview is what I wrote below in the questions section. When I left I honestly thought it could go either way. When he asked me to tell him about myself I mentioned that I had built my own computer, so later when they called me back they asked if I would be interested in the Technology Sales position instead, which pays $0.30 more per hour.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Staples in June 2017.

Interview

I applied online, a week later I got a call from the operations manager and he asked me basic retail interview questions. The most important aspect was that I had prior experience in retail.