Staples Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Staples Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated Apr 24, 2017

1.9

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

The interviewer was very easy going, interview was more of a conversation than and interview. Interview was not long just be prepared and it will be fine. Overall the interview process was average.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Staples

Anonymous Employee in Daphne, AL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Staples (Daphne, AL) in February 2017.

Interview

As soon as I came in for my interview, the manager immediately acknowledged me and told me to wait a few minutes as he was finishing up another interview process! I kept a positive attitude the whole time!

Interview Questions

• Why would you want to leave Burlington for us?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsfield, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Staples (Pittsfield, MA) in January 2017.

Interview

Met the manager and the interview too place in his office. The usual questions about past work history and interests were presented. Manager was engaging and easy to talk to, not intimidating. The entire process took about 20-30 minutes. Ended with the manager telling me about a background check and they would be in touch in the next few days.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you were presented with an unhappy customer, what did you do to please the customer and how did you handle the situation.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Provo, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Staples (Provo, UT) in January 2017.

Interview

This was a rather informal interview. It took place on the sales floor, in the furniture department. The interviewing manager was nice and personable. The interview was much more personality oriented then skill oriented.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Staples in December 2016.

Interview

I got a call shortly after I submitted an application, 1-2 days, I think they were pretty desperate for new hires. I scheduled to have an interview. I showed up early and dressed business casual. After the interview it was decided that I would be a good fit to be a Print and Maketing Associate

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Staples (New York, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

The interview was pretty easy going. My interview was on Black Friday and the interviewer was pretty laid back I felt super comfortable. I spoke about my work history and here and there we cracked a couple of jokes next thing you know, he told me that I will be receiving a link for the background check and once my background check is complete he would love to have me as part of the team.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Staples.

Interview

The interview process was fairly casual. The manager and assistant manager sat down with me and basically just asked me for details about what I did at my previous job, and what kind of skills I learned from that that I could bring to this position. (I worked at a deli, but I told them about my experience in handling high-stress, fast-paced situations, and how I dealt with unhappy customers while remaining calm - good skills to have at any job.) They also asked me about the gap in employment on my resume (I was in school), and they explained a bit about the job description. Overall they were pretty laid-back, and made me feel comfortable. I heard back about a week or so later via an automated email telling me I was hired.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Staples (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

I applied on October 4 2016 and three days later the assistant manager called me for an interview. The interview lasted 10-15 minutes and he told me that I verbally agreed to the job and he will mail Human Resources to complete an online background check. The background check took about a week to be processed. A week later, the GM and assistant manager called me only once. They did not leave a voicemail.

Interview Questions

I waited patiently to receive a phonecall back or to leave a voicemail.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Staples (New York, NY) in September 2016.

Interview

It was very easy. I went in & was taken to the break room. I waited 20 minutes (I was 15 mins early) and then the questions began. Overall, it lasted 10 minutes. It was very chill & relaxed. I just did this interview & I didn't get any acceptation or denial yet.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Staples (Las Vegas, NV).

Interview

applied online. got called in about two weeks and three days later. interview was not hard fairly easy. however did not get called in for the job second interview. was very disappointing, i wanted to work at staples, the environment seemed clean and very peaceful.