Staples Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1.9

195 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Sale Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Staples (San Jose, CA) in July 2017.

Interview

I applied to staples, but after a week of waiting they didn't call me, so I had to call them. Got an interview. The interview was one on one with one of the managers, he talked about what staples was like and stuff like that, then he asked me if I had any questions. It was kinda weird and thought why he didn't ask me many questions. Afterwards, he said they call me on Wednesday, but I didn't get the call, so I had to call them again and they told me they were still interviewing other applicants.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any job experience?
    What clubs or school activities were you involved in?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Staples

Sales Associate Interview

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Staples.

Interview

Got contacted in about a week, came in for an interview, very basic interview questions. They told me i will be contacted in a week if i got the position.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Staples in June 2017.

Interview

I filled out an online application for the position they were advertising they were hiring for. I was contacted a week later by phone asking me to come in to the store for an interview.

Interview Questions

• Where do you want to be in 5 years? What is your availability?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Staples.

Interview

Very simple interview experience. Came in and had a chat with the manager. Didn't ask too much about past job experiences or questions about my resume, other than if i had any retail experience. By the end of the conversation he offered me the job.

Interview Questions

• The manager described a featured product to me and asked me how I would sell it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Fredericksburg, VA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Staples (Fredericksburg, VA) in May 2017.

Interview

I had applied online over the weekend and went into the store on a Tuesday afternoon with my resume to introduce myself to the manager. He looked it over, gave me a call back in the following couple hours and scheduled an interview for that Thursday. The interview was one-on-one with him in his office in the back and very relaxed. The questions were basic and he went ahead and described more about the position and the organization of the store. At the end of the interview he offered me the job and I accepted then and there.

Interview Questions

• How does your previous volunteer work translate to working in customer service?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

The interviewer was very easy going, interview was more of a conversation than and interview. Interview was not long just be prepared and it will be fine. Overall the interview process was average.

Anonymous Employee in Daphne, AL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Staples (Daphne, AL) in February 2017.

Interview

As soon as I came in for my interview, the manager immediately acknowledged me and told me to wait a few minutes as he was finishing up another interview process! I kept a positive attitude the whole time!

Interview Questions

• Why would you want to leave Burlington for us?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsfield, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Staples (Pittsfield, MA) in January 2017.

Interview

Met the manager and the interview too place in his office. The usual questions about past work history and interests were presented. Manager was engaging and easy to talk to, not intimidating. The entire process took about 20-30 minutes. Ended with the manager telling me about a background check and they would be in touch in the next few days.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you were presented with an unhappy customer, what did you do to please the customer and how did you handle the situation.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Staples (Orlando, FL) in January 2017.

Interview

Super relaxed nothing to have even been nervous about very friendly and a very easy interview I got the job on the spot mid interview actually perfect time to apply due to back to school as she also mentioned so they're in need of employees they want you more than you need them keep it mind for applying at the beginning of summer

Interview Questions

• What can you bring to the company if we hire you?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Provo, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Staples (Provo, UT) in January 2017.

Interview

This was a rather informal interview. It took place on the sales floor, in the furniture department. The interviewing manager was nice and personable. The interview was much more personality oriented then skill oriented.