Star City Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Star City Interview Questions

2.7

Gaming Delear Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Star City (Sydney (Australia)) in May 2016.

Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 days. Then I got a email link to introduce me to have a video interview. It quite easy, only have 5 questions, but you need a quiet and professional background.

Table Games Dealer Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Star City (Sydney (Australia)) in February 2016.

Interview

After applying online, I received a link for video interview. There are about 5 questions in there, e.g. customer service experience, brief intro.

Then, I was invited to the group interview. there were about 35 candidates on that day. First, you need to talk with the person who sit beside you and then introduce him/her in front of everyone. After that is a math test and a introduction about being a croupier at the star. Next, three open questions display on the scree and everyone have to choose one to answer. e.g. a view that you want to see from your room; a thing that you want to get rid off.

Finally, one on one interview for about 5 mins.

Interview Questions

• a view that you want to see from your room   1 Answer

Table Games Dealer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Australia)

Application

Interview

after applied online, I received a link for video interview. About 1 week later, I was invited to the group interview in Sydney.

There were about 35 candidates showed up on that day. They paired us up and you need to talk with the person sit beside you, then introduce him/her in front of everyone. It followed by a math test and intro about being a dealer at the star.

next, three open question displayed on screen and you need to answer one of them. Questions were like: if you have 1 extra hour, what would you do; if you can have a special view in your bedroom.

finally, one-on-one with a HR

Casino Dealer (Trainee) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pyrmont (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Star City (Pyrmont (Australia)) in November 2015.

Interview

Upon applying for the trainee table games dealer role through their career website, I was invited to do the video-recording interview. There were three questions to be answered, asking for your previous work experience relevant to this role. No questions specifically were relevant to the technical aspects of the role as it was a role provided fully with its own 4-week training course.
    Having been successful with this occasion, I was again invited for a formal face-to-face interview at their office. The managers and recruiters were there to welcome us and did a easy maths test such as the four fundamental arithmetic operations which took about 10 mins without any access to calculators nor working papers, only not being allowed to write down the answers. we were split in groups of two people and were instructed to find out from each other as to why we were interested in working at the Star as a table games dealer. After having this conversation, each pair had to present to the audience about the findings. Soon after that, interviewer did a semi-formal interview one-to-one which did not last very long, roughly 7-8 mins.

Interview Questions

• In a face-to-face interview.
      What was your previous experience providing exceptional customer services?
      1 Answer

Croupier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Star City.

Interview

Basic numeracy test 30 simple addition and multiplication questions in 5 mins.
    Group interview consists of watching a couple of presentations one of which introduces you to the company values there are 7 ( positivity, accountability, diversity, transparencey, pride, passion... cant remember last one) after that you get paired up with someone and talk to them for 3 mins and introduce them to the group. Then you are made to answer a random question infront of the group like what would you bring to a deserted island or if you were to be in a movie what movie would it be and what character would you play. After these activities you get your personal one on one interviews. If you know a second language like mandarin after the interview you also have to introduce yourself (in said language )to one of the supervisors.

Anonymous Employee in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Star City (Sydney (Australia)) in November 2011.

Interview

Started with a color perception test to test whether you were colour blind, followed by a maths test. Then a group interview basically assessing whether you were outgoing or not, followed by a one on one with one of the recruiters.

Anonymous Employee in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Star City (Sydney (Australia)) in March 2008.

Interview

You will have to attend a group interview where you will have to pass a numeracy (maths) test, colour blind test and finally chip test where you must be able to hold a stack of chips (20 chips) in one hand. Once those initial part is completed you will proceed to a group interview.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Basically there is no negotiation. They simply lay down their wages and benefits and if you are interested you apply for the job.