Star India Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 22, 2017

2.9

Financial Reporting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Star India (Mumbai (India)) in February 2017.

Interview

Easy, About yourself, previous job , derivatives, USGAAP, Amortisation. The interview was easy and to the point. Also asked your weakness. And tripped over it. There was a panel for the technical round.

Interview Questions

• About yourself, previous job , derivatives, USGAAP, Amortisation. The interview was easy and to the point. Also asked your weakness. And tripped over it. There was a panel for the technical round.   Answer Question

Hotstar Team Interview

Interview

Worst HR department i have seen in my life. Took more than 1 month after all technical interview. They don't respond and arrogant. Don't waste your time to apply in such a company

Hotstar Team Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Star India.

Interview

Recruiter got in touch claiming Hotstar had a bunch of senior level Product roles and if I'd be interested in having a chat with them. I figured there was no harm in checking out what they were up to and said sure. The first red flag was when the first interview was with a HR person. No self respecting company ever has a candidate talk to HR (no matter how senior they are) right at the start of the interview loop. The second red flag was when they postponed the interview a few hours before it was scheduled. At this point I was having second thoughts but decided to go ahead because I had anyway committed to it (I insisted on doing it over the phone though rather than enduring the commute to their office)

The interview itself was a waste of time. The person on the other end has clearly never worked for a modern tech company and treated it like a typical desi (Indian) company interview. Even more annoyingly, they opened the interview by claiming that they had no specific roles in mind and wanted to have a general conversation to understand my background. I was checked out within 2 minutes but kept it professional right till the end when they asked me how much cash I wanted. By this point, I had anyway decided I wasn't going to consider the org. so I politely told them that they needed to tell me what role she was considering for before I would anchor with a salary expectation. As expected, their fragile ego was hurt and they started getting passive aggressive. By this time I was thoroughly bored and ended the call telling them to call me if they had any actual roles to discuss.

If this is the way Star does interviews, I can only imagine the quality of talent they are able to attract. And the kind of workplace it's likely to be!

Interview Questions

• 1) Take me through your CV.
      2) What do you do outside work.
      Answer Question

Creative Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Star India (Mumbai (India)).

Interview

The person who was supposed to interview me had no idea when I would be turning up to meet him, because HR hadn't informed him. Also, multiple follow up calls and a mail were not replied to. Very disappointed at such behaviour from the HR at such a reputed company.

Senior Executive Interview

Interview

Great process, easy comfortable environment, very good office, questions on work experience and past experience, generally two levels of interviews, one with the line managers and one with the hr. Nothing to get stressed about, be confident abt your work experience.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Star India (Mumbai (India)).

Interview

I had applied for the role of a Manager with a particular department (confidential) through a job site. Got a call within 2 days. The interview process as such was very smooth. However, during the entire process, not once did they ask me of my salary expectations. When the process ended, they asked me for my documents to roll out the offer. I sent them all the details but they still didnt come back asking me what was it that I was expecting. I assumed that they must not be having any budget constrains. The offer they rolled out was pathetic. The takehome was just 5000 more than my present salary. On top of it, they told me that they will be pegging me at an Assistant Manager level. The job opening was advertised as Manager and I was already at a Manager level. I got pissed and told them that my designation is not up for negotiation and its better if we drop the matter here. I was directly interacting with the VP and told him on face that things like this need to be clarified before the interview. Pathetic interviewing process. Never have I come across such a thing

Interview Questions

They made me a pathetic offer. During the entire interview process not once did they ask me my CTC expectations and rolled out an offer which no one would have expected. Also the position was advertised as Manager. In the end, during CTC negotiation they tole me that they will be pegging me at an AM level. That was it. I told the VP on face that had they told me this earlier I would have not wasted my time getting interviewed. Very unprofessional and highly unethical conduct

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Star India (Mumbai (India)) in September 2015.

Interview

Very simple and straight forward interview process. First met with the HR who gave a brief job description after which was sent to the head of the department for a second round of interviewing. Simple questions asked. Given further details about the kind of work. Then finally completed formalities with the HR.

Manager Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Star India in February 2015.

Interview

wonderful experience. Recruiters were friendly and encouraging even though the interview happened late in the evening! they were curious to know more, and themselves openly explained about the Organization. They also asked me to speak to my future boss - to figure out her expectations and whether I would be best fit for working with him. In the end, I was very satisfied with the process and was ecstatic when they made me the offer

Interview Questions

• a. Asked about my internship
      b. Job expectation
      c. Technical Questions - what is your favorite subject? many other tech questions
      d. What are the new things you learnt in college?
      e. Do you think you can work in media in a competitive, fast environment?
      Answer Question

Interview

hiring and interview process was quite easy.4 rounds had conducted and senior management initiative was good.it wasn't too lengthy and tough.the process was related to job profile .overall quite a good experience.

Associate Producer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Star India (Mumbai (India)) in February 2014.

Interview

No interview promoted from Intern-so I worked basically for 7 months so they liked my work and promoted me from intern to associate producer. At last, I realised that I was underpaid.