Star TV Network Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 2, 2017

2.9

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Star TV Network (Mumbai (India)).

Interview

Very technical. Got a call through a recruitment agency. The first interview was with the HR and then with the hiring manager. Both were quite detailed. THe interview with the hiring manager was quite technical and detailed. HR asked about my background, work-ex, reasons for quitting and other general qs.

Interview Questions

• What is the reason for quitting your present orgranisation   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Star TV Network (Mumbai (India)).

Interview

Fairly straightforward, since I was applying for an internship. I'm sure it'll be a much tougher interview for employment. The person who was interviewing me asked me basic questions about competition and the broadcast industry as a whole, to test my basic knowledge.

Interview Questions

• Who do you think are the toughest competitors to the company right now?   Answer Question

Human Resources Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Star TV Network (Mumbai (India)) in May 2017.

Interview

The whole interview process was smooth, my recruiter was extremely professional and ensured all the information about the role, expectations and about the team was shared on time and to the point. I am sad i couldn't make it to the last round, but i thoroughly enjoyed the whole interaction.

Interview Questions

• Challenges I faced as an HR and how I overcame them   1 Answer

Financial Reporting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Star TV Network (Mumbai (India)) in February 2017.

Interview

Easy, About yourself, previous job , derivatives, USGAAP, Amortisation. The interview was easy and to the point. Also asked your weakness. And tripped over it. There was a panel for the technical round.

Interview Questions

• About yourself, previous job , derivatives, USGAAP, Amortisation. The interview was easy and to the point. Also asked your weakness. And tripped over it. There was a panel for the technical round.   Answer Question

Talent Acquisition Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Star TV Network (Mumbai (India)) in February 2017.

Interview

It was a fast and swift process. All my rounds with the HR , Manager & Senior Manager were completed in a single day. I was intimated immediately about my selection and was onboarded in 20 days

Interview Questions

• Was profile , personal and functional based   1 Answer

Negotiation

Was smooth

Hotstar Team Interview

Interview

Worst HR department i have seen in my life. Took more than 1 month after all technical interview. They don't respond and arrogant. Don't waste your time to apply in such a company

Hi,

It’s unfortunate you had an experience like that. Please reach out to us at connect@startv.com telling us about your concern a little more in detail.

Hotstar Team Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Star TV Network.

Interview

Recruiter got in touch claiming Hotstar had a bunch of senior level Product roles and if I'd be interested in having a chat with them. I figured there was no harm in checking out what they were up to and said sure. The first red flag was when the first interview was with a HR person. No self respecting company ever has a candidate talk to HR (no matter how senior they are) right at the start of the interview loop. The second red flag was when they postponed the interview a few hours before it was scheduled. At this point I was having second thoughts but decided to go ahead because I had anyway committed to it (I insisted on doing it over the phone though rather than enduring the commute to their office)

The interview itself was a waste of time. The person on the other end has clearly never worked for a modern tech company and treated it like a typical desi (Indian) company interview. Even more annoyingly, they opened the interview by claiming that they had no specific roles in mind and wanted to have a general conversation to understand my background. I was checked out within 2 minutes but kept it professional right till the end when they asked me how much cash I wanted. By this point, I had anyway decided I wasn't going to consider the org. so I politely told them that they needed to tell me what role she was considering for before I would anchor with a salary expectation. As expected, their fragile ego was hurt and they started getting passive aggressive. By this time I was thoroughly bored and ended the call telling them to call me if they had any actual roles to discuss.

If this is the way Star does interviews, I can only imagine the quality of talent they are able to attract. And the kind of workplace it's likely to be!

Interview Questions

• 1) Take me through your CV.
      2) What do you do outside work.   Answer Question

Creative Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Star TV Network (Mumbai (India)).

Interview

The person who was supposed to interview me had no idea when I would be turning up to meet him, because HR hadn't informed him. Also, multiple follow up calls and a mail were not replied to. Very disappointed at such behaviour from the HR at such a reputed company.

Senior Executive Interview

Interview

Great process, easy comfortable environment, very good office, questions on work experience and past experience, generally two levels of interviews, one with the line managers and one with the hr. Nothing to get stressed about, be confident abt your work experience.

Interview Questions

Star TV Network Response

Hi,

We’re glad you feel this way. Thanks for your comment.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Star TV Network (Mumbai (India)).

Interview

I had applied for the role of a Manager with a particular department (confidential) through a job site. Got a call within 2 days. The interview process as such was very smooth. However, during the entire process, not once did they ask me of my salary expectations. When the process ended, they asked me for my documents to roll out the offer. I sent them all the details but they still didnt come back asking me what was it that I was expecting. I assumed that they must not be having any budget constrains. The offer they rolled out was pathetic. The takehome was just 5000 more than my present salary. On top of it, they told me that they will be pegging me at an Assistant Manager level. The job opening was advertised as Manager and I was already at a Manager level. I got pissed and told them that my designation is not up for negotiation and its better if we drop the matter here. I was directly interacting with the VP and told him on face that things like this need to be clarified before the interview. Pathetic interviewing process. Never have I come across such a thing

Interview Questions

They made me a pathetic offer. During the entire interview process not once did they ask me my CTC expectations and rolled out an offer which no one would have expected. Also the position was advertised as Manager. In the end, during CTC negotiation they tole me that they will be pegging me at an AM level. That was it. I told the VP on face that had they told me this earlier I would have not wasted my time getting interviewed. Very unprofessional and highly unethical conduct