Star Tribune Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 15, 2016

2.5

Interviews for Top Jobs at Star Tribune

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Star Tribune.

Interview

Meet with three different sales people, one being the sales manager. Everyone is incredibly friendly and they ask question that actually pertain to the position and you past experiences. Even though it is a group setting for the interview, it didn't feel overwhelming and everyone took turns asking questions. After the group interview, I received an offer about a week later.

Interview Questions

• Can you give an example of a time you have been given a criticism and the way you went about handling it?   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Star Tribune (Minneapolis, MN).

Interview

I applied online and had an initial phone screen w/ the hiring manager. Next they had come in for an in-person interview panel that included several key stakeholders from the division. Final round was in-person with the head of the Sales Department. Prior to the offer I was required to do a drug screen and they contacted my references.

Interview Questions

• General background, why sales, questions about the newspaper industry/business   Answer Question

Web Developer Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Star Tribune in February 2014.

Interview

I applied online and got a email on the next week. A short phone interview and two hours in-person interview at Star Tribune.

Interview Questions

• A lot of behavior questions and some web basic knowledge.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Interview

I was a client that got an 'in' via an AE. If you know someone and are an all around good person, you're in, no problem. The only problem now is newspapers aren't what they used to be. Hardly anyone there now.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Cut and dry. It's like the government - you have a grade scale.

Paper Delivery Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Star Tribune in August 2010.

Interview

I responded to a part-time delivery for Sunday morning newspapers of various local and national papers via Craigslist. About two weeks later, I was contacted on short notice by e-mail and telephone to deliver a shipment of papers later on in the day. After explaining my volunteer work as my work experience, they requested for the last step to print out and fill out a form from the website and show insurance when I drop it off.
    Due to my brake light's sudden failure, I had to opt out of this opportunity.

Interview Questions

• Do you have a reliable SUV/Truck to drive with valid insurance?   Answer Question