Starbucks Interview Questions in Arizona | Glassdoor

2.4

54 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Cashier/Barista Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Starbucks (Phoenix, AZ) in June 2017.

Interview

I was called by someone at Starbucks. They introduced themselves and asked me why I wanted to work at Starbucks. After my answer he only said "thank you" and ended the call with no other information.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Starbucks?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Starbucks (Tucson, AZ) in May 2017.

Interview

Hiring manager was very kind, and finding a way to relate to her and have a long interview and discussion about retail during the interview was easy. They're more interested in finding someone they can teach to be a barista that already knows how to be nice to people and super not awkward.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chandler, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Starbucks (Chandler, AZ) in March 2017.

Interview

Manager asks a lot of questions.
    More personal opinionated questions not many professional questions. Was two people conducting interview, was silly as they as same questions different ways. Overall okay experience

Anonymous Employee in Mesa, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Starbucks (Mesa, AZ) in September 2016.

Interview

The hiring manager ordered herself and me a drink, sat down and went through a very nontraditional line of hiring questions. However the questions left an opportunity to talk about yourself as a person and what you expect from others. For example, the types of questions asked are similar to "Think of a product or service, that isn't Starbucks branded, that you enjoy or like and sell that product or service to us." Unlike the "What makes you qualified?" types of questions, they put you in a situation, and what was the outcome, how did you achieve it and why.

Interview Questions

• What as an experience where you felt like your co-workers or classmates were not doing what you expected or refused to pull their own weight, what did you do and what was the outcome?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Starbucks (Phoenix, AZ) in September 2016.

Interview

I first walked in and waited for the manager and as I was waiting they asked if I wanted a free drink. They sat with me asked me some questions and I was told they would call me back soon.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Starbucks (Phoenix, AZ) in July 2016.

Interview

The interview process was pretty relaxed and the manager put me at ease right away by asking me things like job history and why I applied for the job. After that she explained that the next series of questions were designed to be answered in story form, and to take my time. She wanted me to use real experiences from my work history. I previously worked at a Safeway Starbucks so I had some experience behind me already.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever experienced a negative customer experience at a business where they got your order wrong, and how did that make you feel?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time you went out of your way to help a customer. Was that customer satisfied with your service and how do you think he would describe you?   Answer Question
    • Have you ever seen a fellow barista making a drink incorrectly and what action did you take?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Mesa, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Starbucks (Mesa, AZ) in July 2016.

Interview

I was asked if I wanted something to drink, for free, before the interview began. The interview was very laid back and consisted of typical interview questions about past experience, what would you do if? questions and about you as a person.

Interview Questions

• What experience have you had with a difficult customer, if any, and how did you handle the situation?   Answer Question

Starbucks Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Starbucks (Phoenix, AZ) in April 2016.

Interview

I have had on phone based interview for this position and the recruiter I spoke to was very knowledgable about prior military service, especially one who has been in a managerial/leadership position. The recruiter needed to get with the district manager to determine a need in a store in my area. I am waiting for a call back.

Interview Questions

• How did you evaluate employees to develop training materials?   Answer Question

Barista - Starbucks Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mesa, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Starbucks (Mesa, AZ) in January 2016.

Interview

Short, questions were centered around certain problems that could happen at work and how you could fix them, they also asked about previous job experience, there were two people interviewing me

Interview Questions

• What is a challenge and how have you overcome it?   1 Answer

Barista - Starbucks Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Starbucks (Phoenix, AZ) in November 2015.

Interview

Applied online, got an email the next day asking to come in for a group interview. Received an email later that day for a second interview at another store. Was hired later that day. Scheduled to do hiring paperwork later that week.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you saw a coworker doing something they shouldn't have, what did you do?   Answer Question