Starbucks Interview Questions in Atlanta, GA | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 25, 2017

2.2

64 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Marietta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Starbucks (Marietta, GA) in February 2017.

Interview

I met with the manager and the interview was pretty casual, he asked mostly general questions and you get a free drink when you come in for your interview. I was hired on the spot at the end and told that they were going to do my background check and then tell me when it went through.

Anonymous Employee in Alpharetta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Starbucks (Alpharetta, GA) in October 2016.

Interview

The interview process was very laid back not long and structured with 20+ questions like an typical interview at Walmart or target for example. I felt it to be more personal and straight to the point about why you want to work there and the type of person you are.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Starbucks?
      Tell me a time when you had an unsatisfied customer and you couldn't resolve her problem, what did you do?   Answer Question

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Starbucks (Atlanta, GA) in October 2016.

Interview

lack of communication between recruiter and DM. Interview info recruiter gave me was different than that of the DM. Interview was easy, behavioral questions, provide specifics in describing actions and outcomes, operational questions as well as it pertains to inventory management, coaching, and guest services. Any half minded donkey can pass the interview. called me 2 hours later to offer a position. total time from phone interview, face interview and offer. two weeks max.

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Starbucks (Atlanta, GA) in July 2016.

Interview

Met the manager sitting at a table in the cafe. Manager asked me if I wanted a drink. Told him my order and he brought the drink to me. Asked various questions about why I wanted to work at Starbucks, my personal goals for the next few months, about positive and negative customer service experiences I've had, how I handled situations at work.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Starbucks?   Answer Question
    • Give me an example of a time you had bad customer service and how did it make you feel?   Answer Question
    • Give me an example of how you dealt with conflict at work?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Starbucks (Atlanta, GA) in July 2016.

Interview

Had manager and assistant manager sit down at a table and asked me questions about my customer service experience and how I handled various situations that were difficult to handle.

Interview Questions

• What made you interested in applying to Starbucks?   1 Answer

Shift Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Roswell, GA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Starbucks (Roswell, GA).

Interview

Promotion is typically internal, and is based on daily performance. You can sit with your manager and talk about the possibility of moving into a supervisory role, and you can begin a development plan with your manager to work toward your goals.
    The interview process is very relaxed, since you most likely already know your manager and have been through the weeds with them. They know you and know what you are capable of in your current role, so talk about what you see yourself doing in the future to better store goals, how to assist is driving sales, motivate the team, maintaining inventory, etc.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had an upset customer. How did you defuse the problem?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Starbucks (Atlanta, GA) in June 2016.

Interview

It was a relaxed and conversational interview. It lasted for about 30 minutes, the questions were straight forward and the interviewer made me feel comfortable. I got a call two weeks after the interview.

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Starbucks (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

Behavioral interview with a panel of 3-6 managers. They look for cery specific answers (STAR). Not very difficult but could be overwhelming with all of the managers there. Be prepared to answer questions on how you work with others, dealing with ambiguity, problem solving, coaching & training, as well as achieving results.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to make a decision without not knowing all the facts?   Answer Question

Barista, Shift Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milton, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Starbucks (Milton, GA) in May 2016.

Interview

Applied online. You choose your preferred location then also, you can choose 4 other locations. I applied then went to several of the stores I most wanted to work at and said, 'Hi my name is ____, I'm interested in a job and I was just wondering of the Manager is in today.' Went in on a Saturday to 2 of them and the manager wasn't in that day at either of them. Left my name with the shift manager and came back the following Monday to one of the stores. The shift leader recognized me and went to get the manager. He was on a conference call at the time but the shift manager promises to let him know I had come in. Got a call an hour later. He asked about my availability and asked me to come in 11:30am the following Monday.

I showed up a week later at 11:20am. Told them I was therexpecting for an interview at 11:30, waited for about half a minute, then was invited to the back room. The manager was super friendly and easygoing. He asked a few customer service, behavioral based questions, 'tell me about a time, you saw a coworker not following procedure. How did you react?' They were easy questions, what would you do, how did you react, questions. Asked me at the end of the interview if I had any questions. He informed me near the end, the starting pay and wrote my cell # on the questionair. He then said he was going to do some homework and give me a call within the next few days or I could call the store but that I should definitely hear back. I called back the following Friday and he said my application was showing up and asked me to resubmit it one more time and give a call back when I had finished. I did and called back 20 minutes later. He asked for my birthday and said he was going to offer me the job conditionally, I just had to pass a background check and I should hear back within 3-7 days. He called back the next Saturday and said the results had come in and I passed the background check. Said it had probably gone through so quickly because I already worked for a licensed store (inside a Kroger). Offered me the job and said I could put in my 2 weeks notice and he would be in touch within 2 weeks to schedule training.

Dress was business casual.

Basically, if you want to work for Starbucks the most important things to remember are 1. They wabr friendly, outgoing people. 2. Be persistent. Go in after you apply and ask to spend to the manager and ask if they're hiring.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you bought a product from a company and the product didn't meet your expectations. How did you respond?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you saw a coworker not following the rules. How did you react?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Starbucks (Atlanta, GA) in May 2016.

Interview

Applied online through the company website. About three weeks later I was contacted via phone by a "colleague of the hiring manager" of the location I applied to asking to set up an in person interview. This was set to be at a different Starbucks location than the one I applied for. The interviewer was about 5 minutes late, but was very pleasant. Asked me if she could order a coffee for me, and I accepted. I suggest you accept the free coffee. They're looking to see if you like the product. She asked me some basic interview questions, then some specific to my resume. Said she or the hiring manager would contact me early the next week and let me know either way. Never heard from them, even after I tried calling the interviewer's phone back the next week.

Interview Questions

• What do you like about Starbucks? What do you want to do after college? How long do you plan to work for us if hired? Tell me about a time where you had to resolve a conflict with a customer AND coworker on the job. Tell me about a time when you had to fix a mistake you made on the job.   Answer Question