Starbucks Barista Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2,055 Interview Reviews

2.1

2,055 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Barista Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Starbucks.

Interview

After filling out online application. They will show you a list of Starbucks that are hiring about 10. WRITE EVERY STORE NUMBER DOWN!!!!!!!!! Then, CALL EVERYONE OF THEM!
Read this 2 minutes script.

"Hi, My name is ________, can I speak to your hiring manager please." If the hiring manager is not there, find out what their name is and what day and time they will be available. Find out the name of the person you are talking to and write their name down as well and thank them for their time. Then, call back when the hiring manager will be available.

If the manager is there.
"Hi, my name is ___________, I saw online that your store was hiring and I was wondering If I could stop by for no more then two minutes, to drop off my resume and cover letter. When your free of course, this way you can get a feel for me vs just seeing my name on a piece of paper."

Two things will happen, either they will state they are no longer hiring, in which case, you ask them if they know of any other stores that are hiring and what is that managers name. Thank them for their time then, repeat the script with that store.

Or they will give you a time and a day. (Mines offered to meet the next hour.) Prep A resume and a cover letter, dress up as best as you can. I wore a shirt and tie. Go in. be positive, show them you want to learn, and be honest. I told them I didnt drink much coffee, but there is a lot of coffee history they' will teach you if you ask. For fun, ask them about the black apron.

Negotiation

No negotiations.

Other Interview Reviews for Starbucks

Barista Interview

Interview

I applied online and got a call from manager 3 days later. It was kind of a mini interview and was asked for an interview the following day. Interview took about 45 minutes and was hired on the spot :)

Interview Questions

• If a customer complained about their drink, what do you do?   2 Answers
    • Tell me about yourself   1 Answer
    • Tell me about a time you dealt with a difficult customer from your previous job   1 Answer
    • Why Starbucks?   2 Answers
    • Tell me about a time when you received excelent customer service   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Starbucks (Miami, FL).

Interview

The interview process was very laid back. I first received a phone interview and then I was told to come to the store for an in-person interview. It lasted a little bit longer than an hour, longest interview to this day that I have ever had.

Interview Questions

• Explain difficult situations and how I handled it?   1 Answer

Barista Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Starbucks.

Interview

I applied and about a couple days later I got a call from the store manager. She asked me to come in for an interview and we chatted and she's super kind. She just simply asked about my work experience and told me she's gonna do a background check and give me a call. It was pretty simple and easy-going.

Interview Questions

• Are you comfortable with working in a high volume environment?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Starbucks (Minneapolis, MN).

Interview

After online application, called for job interview. Extremely casual, comfortable, and fair interview process. Dress semi-professionally and be polite and you will likely get this job without too much trouble.

Barista Interview

Interview

First things first, I did not get a free drink lol.
    Secondly...my interviewer was super rude. I don’t know if she was intimidated by the way I look or something, but ugh.

Barista Interview

Interview

easy questions, it was a relatively quick process. The interviewer was appropriate and professional. The interview questions seemed appropriate too along with a fun question too. I did not end up getting the job, but they were timely with my rejection and gave me a reason as to why I did not get it. overall it was an okay experience even though I did not get the job.

Barista Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Starbucks in December 2017.

Interview

I applied to Starbucks late October and I didn’t receive a call until late December. Between that time, I didn’t follow up since I was busy with school and my previous part-time job.

I received a call from the district manager where I was invited to an interview five days after the call. I was told to bring a resume and I brought a copy of my list of references just in case.

I went to the wrong Starbucks at first since there are three Starbucks stores on the same street so I was technically 20 minutes late (I was fine).

The interview was fine, the manager who interviewed me was really pleasant and asked me basic interview questions.

The interview was about 15 minutes and she said she would get back to me within the next 5 days.

I received a call from her with a job offer 2 days later!

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Starbucks (Columbus, GA).

Interview

Basic logical questions about movement, management, customer service, food prep (more about learning food prep than actual cooking), and presentation. I was called Monday, interviewed Tuesday, and found out late Tuesday evening that I was offered the position. I did bring a resume with basic other jobs and their descriptions. I did not drug test prior to start.

Interview Questions

• What was the last bad encounter with a customer you had and how did you fix it?   1 Answer

Barista Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Starbucks.

Interview

Manager greeted me promptly and offered me a beverage. She had a form she was supposed to fill out while asking questions. She didn't always stick to the sheet and it felt more like a conversation than an interview.

Interview Questions

• Why I wanted to work for Starbucks and why I felt like I would be a good fit in their store.   1 Answer
    • Describe a time when you saw a coworker not following procedure or doing something wrong - what did you do & what was the outcome   1 Answer