Starbucks Barista Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1,847 Interview Reviews

2.2

1,847 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Barista Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Starbucks.

Interview

After filling out online application. They will show you a list of Starbucks that are hiring about 10. WRITE EVERY STORE NUMBER DOWN!!!!!!!!! Then, CALL EVERYONE OF THEM!
Read this 2 minutes script.

"Hi, My name is ________, can I speak to your hiring manager please." If the hiring manager is not there, find out what their name is and what day and time they will be available. Find out the name of the person you are talking to and write their name down as well and thank them for their time. Then, call back when the hiring manager will be available.

If the manager is there.
"Hi, my name is ___________, I saw online that your store was hiring and I was wondering If I could stop by for no more then two minutes, to drop off my resume and cover letter. When your free of course, this way you can get a feel for me vs just seeing my name on a piece of paper."

Two things will happen, either they will state they are no longer hiring, in which case, you ask them if they know of any other stores that are hiring and what is that managers name. Thank them for their time then, repeat the script with that store.

Or they will give you a time and a day. (Mines offered to meet the next hour.) Prep A resume and a cover letter, dress up as best as you can. I wore a shirt and tie. Go in. be positive, show them you want to learn, and be honest. I told them I didnt drink much coffee, but there is a lot of coffee history they' will teach you if you ask. For fun, ask them about the black apron.

Negotiation

No negotiations.

Other Interview Reviews for Starbucks

Barista Interview

Interview

I applied online and got a call from manager 3 days later. It was kind of a mini interview and was asked for an interview the following day. Interview took about 45 minutes and was hired on the spot :)

Interview Questions

• If a customer complained about their drink, what do you do?   1 Answer
    • Tell me about yourself   1 Answer
    • Tell me about a time you dealt with a difficult customer from your previous job   Answer Question
    • Why Starbucks?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you received excelent customer service   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Interview

They asked questions about my experience in hospitality and working under pressure. I felt they were asking in regards to see how competent or knowledgeable I was. I had little experience working with that.

Interview Questions

• Someone tells you that they made they their drink wrong while you are packed with more orders. They demand that they get a free drink and or a refund. What do you do?   1 Answer

Barista Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Starbucks.

Interview

I was called for a job at a new location and I declined the offer at first but changed my mind and might accept it if it's still available.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Starbucks (Seattle, WA).

Interview

It was very casual. The manager was very nice and let me get a free drink first. When wanting to get a job at Starbucks, definitely apply online, then go in with a resume (cover letter can be a small bonus but not necessary), and be FRIENDLY to every single person you interact with in the store.

Interview Questions

• What do you do when a customer is very upset with their order?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Albany, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Starbucks (Albany, NY).

Interview

I applied on the Starbucks website and selected my preferred store locations. Within a week, the manager contacted me and invited me to come to the store for an interview.

Barista Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Starbucks.

Interview

Got a phone call around 3 weeks after applying if not more to schedule an in person interview. Gave the run down of the job and then was hired.
    Very informal and casual interview.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a situation in which a customer was angry with you?   Answer Question

Barista Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Starbucks.

Interview

I was 16yo when I applied. I was greeted and offered a drink. The interview was conducted in the lobby. The manager asked me questions about my experience and skills and why I applied to Starbucks.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a customer who said their drink was made wrong?   Answer Question

Barista Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Starbucks.

Interview

Very rigid outline of questions but the manager gave a lot of space for conversation and connection. I had to apply online and then follow up with manager about an interview. She had a lot of issues with turnover so she asked me about where I saw myself in the next year.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a time you dealt with a rude customer.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Suffolk, VA

Interview

Filled out application . I then called for an interview. Went on my interview and blurted out the mission statement and showed that I was available at any time. The manager was very impressed and told me that he would send the background check papers to my email . Still waiting on that email as we speak.