Starbucks Barista Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1,871 Interview Reviews

2.2

1,871 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Barista Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Starbucks.

Interview

After filling out online application. They will show you a list of Starbucks that are hiring about 10. WRITE EVERY STORE NUMBER DOWN!!!!!!!!! Then, CALL EVERYONE OF THEM!
Read this 2 minutes script.

"Hi, My name is ________, can I speak to your hiring manager please." If the hiring manager is not there, find out what their name is and what day and time they will be available. Find out the name of the person you are talking to and write their name down as well and thank them for their time. Then, call back when the hiring manager will be available.

If the manager is there.
"Hi, my name is ___________, I saw online that your store was hiring and I was wondering If I could stop by for no more then two minutes, to drop off my resume and cover letter. When your free of course, this way you can get a feel for me vs just seeing my name on a piece of paper."

Two things will happen, either they will state they are no longer hiring, in which case, you ask them if they know of any other stores that are hiring and what is that managers name. Thank them for their time then, repeat the script with that store.

Or they will give you a time and a day. (Mines offered to meet the next hour.) Prep A resume and a cover letter, dress up as best as you can. I wore a shirt and tie. Go in. be positive, show them you want to learn, and be honest. I told them I didnt drink much coffee, but there is a lot of coffee history they' will teach you if you ask. For fun, ask them about the black apron.

Negotiation

No negotiations.

Other Interview Reviews for Starbucks

Barista Interview

Interview

I applied online and got a call from manager 3 days later. It was kind of a mini interview and was asked for an interview the following day. Interview took about 45 minutes and was hired on the spot :)

Interview Questions

• If a customer complained about their drink, what do you do?   1 Answer
    • Tell me about yourself   1 Answer
    • Tell me about a time you dealt with a difficult customer from your previous job   1 Answer
    • Why Starbucks?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you received excelent customer service   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Starbucks (Portland, OR).

Interview

IF a store manager gives you an interview they usually higher you on the spot. Unless they see something they dont like. Go into the store and introduce yourself. Be very excited and bubbly and you should get the job if there are any openings.

Anonymous Employee in Hot Springs National Park, AR

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Starbucks (Hot Springs National Park, AR).

Interview

The first interview was done in store, and the second over the phone. Both were very laid back. In store, I was offered a drink first and had about a 30 minute interview. A week later I had a second, and was offered the position.

Anonymous Employee in Skokie, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Starbucks (Skokie, IL).

Interview

I applied online.
    I got called in by the store manager for a face-to-face interview. She was able to meet with me within the next few days of her phone call.
    Interview was basic and simple, lasted less than 30 minutes. I also got a free drink for the interview!

Barista Interview

Interview

They were very thorough and friendly. They answered all my questions and discussed lots of possible scenarios during the work shifts. They explained the mission of starbucks as well as potential advancement.

Interview Questions

• What's your favorite thing about working for the public?   Answer Question

Barista Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Starbucks.

Interview

I applied in person (that is no longer an option you must now apply online). Once I was invited in to meet the hiring manager we had a 1:1 interview and discussed my skills and availability.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Interview

They asked questions about my experience in hospitality and working under pressure. I felt they were asking in regards to see how competent or knowledgeable I was. I had little experience working with that.

Interview Questions

• Someone tells you that they made they their drink wrong while you are packed with more orders. They demand that they get a free drink and or a refund. What do you do?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Starbucks (New York, NY) in August 2017.

Interview

I love Starbucks. I was hoping to go back with them and grow with there company into a store manager. It was weird felt like she didn't want to hire me even though I had Starbucks experience, and Barista experience. She also was getting personal with the questions. Telling me about herself. I got the vibes that she didn't wanna hire me because I wasn't gay. Worst interview ever.

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Starbucks (Seattle, WA).

Interview

It was very casual. The manager was very nice and let me get a free drink first. When wanting to get a job at Starbucks, definitely apply online, then go in with a resume (cover letter can be a small bonus but not necessary), and be FRIENDLY to every single person you interact with in the store.

Interview Questions

• What do you do when a customer is very upset with their order?   1 Answer