Starbucks Barista Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2,012 Interview Reviews

2.1

2,012 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Barista Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Starbucks.

Interview

After filling out online application. They will show you a list of Starbucks that are hiring about 10. WRITE EVERY STORE NUMBER DOWN!!!!!!!!! Then, CALL EVERYONE OF THEM!
Read this 2 minutes script.

"Hi, My name is ________, can I speak to your hiring manager please." If the hiring manager is not there, find out what their name is and what day and time they will be available. Find out the name of the person you are talking to and write their name down as well and thank them for their time. Then, call back when the hiring manager will be available.

If the manager is there.
"Hi, my name is ___________, I saw online that your store was hiring and I was wondering If I could stop by for no more then two minutes, to drop off my resume and cover letter. When your free of course, this way you can get a feel for me vs just seeing my name on a piece of paper."

Two things will happen, either they will state they are no longer hiring, in which case, you ask them if they know of any other stores that are hiring and what is that managers name. Thank them for their time then, repeat the script with that store.

Or they will give you a time and a day. (Mines offered to meet the next hour.) Prep A resume and a cover letter, dress up as best as you can. I wore a shirt and tie. Go in. be positive, show them you want to learn, and be honest. I told them I didnt drink much coffee, but there is a lot of coffee history they' will teach you if you ask. For fun, ask them about the black apron.

Negotiation

No negotiations.

Other Interview Reviews for Starbucks

Barista Interview

Interview

I applied online and got a call from manager 3 days later. It was kind of a mini interview and was asked for an interview the following day. Interview took about 45 minutes and was hired on the spot :)

Interview Questions

• If a customer complained about their drink, what do you do?   2 Answers
    • Tell me about yourself   1 Answer
    • Tell me about a time you dealt with a difficult customer from your previous job   1 Answer
    • Why Starbucks?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you received excelent customer service   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Starbucks (San Jose, CA).

Interview

Applied online and got a call back for an interview. Very straight forward questions for the jobs. The person who interviewed me, shared some interesting facts about the company and the perks that come along with the job.

Barista Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Starbucks.

Interview

In-store interview with the manager.
    It was a nice conversational process.
    Extremely friendly and casual setting which puts candidate in a peaceful mindset.
    Only downside was the fact that it was held in the lobby, so it was bit noisy.

Interview Questions

• Do you mind working early in the morning as early as 4am?   1 Answer

Barista Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Starbucks.

Interview

it was quick easy i got the chance to talk to my boss and now good friend there were many good times spent there though the pay sucked. there was many things to learn once hired after learning them it becomes easy

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Decatur, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Starbucks (Decatur, AL) in November 2017.

Interview

I applied online and had to take an online survey answering many questions on what I would do in a particular situation. Many of the questions were job specific based on job scenarios, for instance, what to do if a customer needs help, but you are at the end of your shift.

Interview Questions

• Many questions online. I also submitted a little note about myself.   1 Answer

Barista Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Starbucks.

Interview

They just want to hear about your experience in the customer experience field and how it relates to your experience being in a Starbucks. Questions are really easy and usually if you've been a partner before whether it's a franchise store or other you'll get hired to save them training time/money or are a military person, you'll get hired to make Starbucks look better.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had a bad experience at Starbucks   Answer Question

Barista Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Starbucks.

Interview

It was pretty easy. They give you a free drink and then ask you why you like it. They were really easy going and just asked basic interview questions, a lot related to stress. This was my first job so I wasn't sure what to expect, but they were nice in explaining how the job worked.

Interview Questions

• How well do you deal with stress? How many hours would you like to work? How did you solve a worker conflict?   Answer Question

Barista Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Starbucks.

Interview

easy asked normal questions hired on the spot fast and awesome loved it. honesly be youreself be awesome have fun giggle laugh idk do you ya knoe be honest be special iok ok ok ok o

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Starbucks (New York, NY).

Interview

It was very quick and relaxing. They made me feel comfortable. I was very nervous to go into a new environment but they made it good. The assistant manager called me within a week and said they would work with my availability. I do have a full time job.

Interview Questions

• Do i have customer service experience   1 Answer