Starbucks Barista Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2,033 Interview Reviews

2.1

2,033 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Barista Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Starbucks.

Interview

After filling out online application. They will show you a list of Starbucks that are hiring about 10. WRITE EVERY STORE NUMBER DOWN!!!!!!!!! Then, CALL EVERYONE OF THEM!
Read this 2 minutes script.

"Hi, My name is ________, can I speak to your hiring manager please." If the hiring manager is not there, find out what their name is and what day and time they will be available. Find out the name of the person you are talking to and write their name down as well and thank them for their time. Then, call back when the hiring manager will be available.

If the manager is there.
"Hi, my name is ___________, I saw online that your store was hiring and I was wondering If I could stop by for no more then two minutes, to drop off my resume and cover letter. When your free of course, this way you can get a feel for me vs just seeing my name on a piece of paper."

Two things will happen, either they will state they are no longer hiring, in which case, you ask them if they know of any other stores that are hiring and what is that managers name. Thank them for their time then, repeat the script with that store.

Or they will give you a time and a day. (Mines offered to meet the next hour.) Prep A resume and a cover letter, dress up as best as you can. I wore a shirt and tie. Go in. be positive, show them you want to learn, and be honest. I told them I didnt drink much coffee, but there is a lot of coffee history they' will teach you if you ask. For fun, ask them about the black apron.

Negotiation

No negotiations.

Other Interview Reviews for Starbucks

Barista Interview

Interview

I applied online and got a call from manager 3 days later. It was kind of a mini interview and was asked for an interview the following day. Interview took about 45 minutes and was hired on the spot :)

Interview Questions

• If a customer complained about their drink, what do you do?   2 Answers
    • Tell me about yourself   1 Answer
    • Tell me about a time you dealt with a difficult customer from your previous job   1 Answer
    • Why Starbucks?   1 Answer
    • Tell me about a time when you received excelent customer service   Answer Question

Barista Interview

Interview

First things first, I did not get a free drink lol.
    Secondly...my interviewer was super rude. I don’t know if she was intimidated by the way I look or something, but ugh.

Barista Interview

Interview

easy questions, it was a relatively quick process. The interviewer was appropriate and professional. The interview questions seemed appropriate too along with a fun question too. I did not end up getting the job, but they were timely with my rejection and gave me a reason as to why I did not get it. overall it was an okay experience even though I did not get the job.

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Starbucks (Columbus, GA).

Interview

Basic logical questions about movement, management, customer service, food prep (more about learning food prep than actual cooking), and presentation. I was called Monday, interviewed Tuesday, and found out late Tuesday evening that I was offered the position. I did bring a resume with basic other jobs and their descriptions. I did not drug test prior to start.

Interview Questions

• What was the last bad encounter with a customer you had and how did you fix it?   1 Answer

Barista Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Starbucks.

Interview

Manager greeted me promptly and offered me a beverage. She had a form she was supposed to fill out while asking questions. She didn't always stick to the sheet and it felt more like a conversation than an interview.

Interview Questions

• Why I wanted to work for Starbucks and why I felt like I would be a good fit in their store.   1 Answer
    • Describe a time when you saw a coworker not following procedure or doing something wrong - what did you do & what was the outcome   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Starbucks (San Jose, CA).

Interview

Applied online and got a call back for an interview. Very straight forward questions for the jobs. The person who interviewed me, shared some interesting facts about the company and the perks that come along with the job.

Barista Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Starbucks.

Interview

In-store interview with the manager.
    It was a nice conversational process.
    Extremely friendly and casual setting which puts candidate in a peaceful mindset.
    Only downside was the fact that it was held in the lobby, so it was bit noisy.

Interview Questions

• Do you mind working early in the morning as early as 4am?   1 Answer

Barista Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Starbucks.

Interview

it was quick easy i got the chance to talk to my boss and now good friend there were many good times spent there though the pay sucked. there was many things to learn once hired after learning them it becomes easy

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Decatur, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Starbucks (Decatur, AL) in November 2017.

Interview

I applied online and had to take an online survey answering many questions on what I would do in a particular situation. Many of the questions were job specific based on job scenarios, for instance, what to do if a customer needs help, but you are at the end of your shift.

Interview Questions

• Many questions online. I also submitted a little note about myself.   1 Answer