Starbucks Barista Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1,624 Interview Reviews

2.2

1,624 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all Interviews

Barista Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Starbucks.

Interview

After filling out online application. They will show you a list of Starbucks that are hiring about 10. WRITE EVERY STORE NUMBER DOWN!!!!!!!!! Then, CALL EVERYONE OF THEM!
Read this 2 minutes script.

"Hi, My name is ________, can I speak to your hiring manager please." If the hiring manager is not there, find out what their name is and what day and time they will be available. Find out the name of the person you are talking to and write their name down as well and thank them for their time. Then, call back when the hiring manager will be available.

If the manager is there.
"Hi, my name is ___________, I saw online that your store was hiring and I was wondering If I could stop by for no more then two minutes, to drop off my resume and cover letter. When your free of course, this way you can get a feel for me vs just seeing my name on a piece of paper."

Two things will happen, either they will state they are no longer hiring, in which case, you ask them if they know of any other stores that are hiring and what is that managers name. Thank them for their time then, repeat the script with that store.

Or they will give you a time and a day. (Mines offered to meet the next hour.) Prep A resume and a cover letter, dress up as best as you can. I wore a shirt and tie. Go in. be positive, show them you want to learn, and be honest. I told them I didnt drink much coffee, but there is a lot of coffee history they' will teach you if you ask. For fun, ask them about the black apron.

Negotiation

No negotiations.

Other Interview Reviews for Starbucks

Barista Interview

Interview

Online Application and follow up in person interview. I put forth an effort to get the interview though, I didn't just submit an application. When I transferred stores, I had to do another in person interview to see if I'd fit well in the new store.

Interview Questions

• What hours are you available
      what pay are you looking for
      have you worked in the service industry before
      Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Interview

They asked questions about my experience in hospitality and working under pressure. I felt they were asking in regards to see how competent or knowledgeable I was. I had little experience working with that.

Interview Questions

• Someone tells you that they made they their drink wrong while you are packed with more orders. They demand that they get a free drink and or a refund. What do you do?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Starbucks (Indianapolis, IN).

Interview

After I applied, when I called to check on my application, the manager asked me a couple questions over the phone and scheduled an in-person interview. At the in-person interview, manager sat down and asked a few questions. Actually forgot to bring out their pen, so they just took my answers as I gave them. Was a little bit difficult, as these answers required some fairly subjective and abstract thought from what I was used to for interviews and questionnaires.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Interview

Easy asked basic questions about your self like strengths weakness etc. I met with the Manger and we discussed my resume and hours I would want and be able to work.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Starbucks (New York, NY).

Interview

Manager asked about me and what good customer service I can add with his fellow workers. He was very welcoming he offered me any drinks i wanted. The other workers was sweet the supervisor was extremely welcoming when I was waiting I came during a big rush so i enjoed watching the main fun about Starbucks the amount of customers you get and how fast we get the drinks out. I was super excited!

Interview Questions

• Why did i apply to Starbucks.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Starbucks (New York, NY).

Interview

Submit resume online first. The supervisor will talk to you through emails. A short interview will follow in two weeks. A few behavioral questions were asked like why do you want to join Starbucks? Some resume questions.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Starbucks (New York, NY).

Interview

I went in for my interview and was told to wear all black. After the interview, I was told to get behind the bar and start working. It was pretty intimidating but I enjoyed it, to start.

Anonymous Employee in Germantown, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Starbucks (Germantown, MD) in January 2017.

Interview

I arrived and was greeted by the locations manager. She offered me a drink, which I said no to at first but then she insisted so I said alright. I asked for a Cascara Latte (my favorite) we sat down and she let me enjoy my drink for a bit, and she asked what why it's my favorite drink and what it tastes like. I described the drink well and she told me that it was a perfect description and that that would be the job of a barista, to be able to describe and recommend drinks. The process was very nice, she asked that I speak to some workers and to
    Hang out for a bit, the workers love it there. It was a very nice atmosphere to be in.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where customer service was not good   1 Answer
    • Do you want a drink?   1 Answer
    • Why I'd like to work for Starbucks   1 Answer

Barista Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Starbucks in January 2017.

Interview

Applied online. Got a call around two weeks later. Went in for an interview with store manager.

At first, things were going well (or so I thought). The manager seemed very nice but wasn't asking me questions I was expecting (you know like scenario based, previous jobs, getting to know me, etc). She basically asked me three questions. I knew she was no longer interested after she cut the interview short. We were talking, having a normal conversation, and all of the sudden she ended the interview, got her stuff and went to the back of the restaurant (very rude). I was genuinely interested in the position. She said she would call me back in about a week but I never got a call back (she lied). I called just to hear that the store was full. Why call me in for an interview then? It was a bunch of lies. In addition, the questions asked in the interview pretty much had nothing to do with me. The whole conversation was about her. I had prepared for this interview because I wanted the job so bad but instead got treated like I wasn't worthy. I know I could've done a fantastic job if I was given the opportunity to demonstrate what I can do. I put my heart and soul into everything I do and this experience with a store manager will definitely not bring me back to Starbucks ever again.