Starbucks Barista Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1,700 Interview Reviews

2.2

1,700 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all Interviews

Barista Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Starbucks.

Interview

After filling out online application. They will show you a list of Starbucks that are hiring about 10. WRITE EVERY STORE NUMBER DOWN!!!!!!!!! Then, CALL EVERYONE OF THEM!
Read this 2 minutes script.

"Hi, My name is ________, can I speak to your hiring manager please." If the hiring manager is not there, find out what their name is and what day and time they will be available. Find out the name of the person you are talking to and write their name down as well and thank them for their time. Then, call back when the hiring manager will be available.

If the manager is there.
"Hi, my name is ___________, I saw online that your store was hiring and I was wondering If I could stop by for no more then two minutes, to drop off my resume and cover letter. When your free of course, this way you can get a feel for me vs just seeing my name on a piece of paper."

Two things will happen, either they will state they are no longer hiring, in which case, you ask them if they know of any other stores that are hiring and what is that managers name. Thank them for their time then, repeat the script with that store.

Or they will give you a time and a day. (Mines offered to meet the next hour.) Prep A resume and a cover letter, dress up as best as you can. I wore a shirt and tie. Go in. be positive, show them you want to learn, and be honest. I told them I didnt drink much coffee, but there is a lot of coffee history they' will teach you if you ask. For fun, ask them about the black apron.

Negotiation

No negotiations.

Other Interview Reviews for Starbucks

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Interview

They asked questions about my experience in hospitality and working under pressure. I felt they were asking in regards to see how competent or knowledgeable I was. I had little experience working with that.

Interview Questions

• Someone tells you that they made they their drink wrong while you are packed with more orders. They demand that they get a free drink and or a refund. What do you do?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Gainesville, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Starbucks (Gainesville, FL).

Interview

Fairly straight forward interview. They asked quite a few questions from the basic interview questions list. Nothing about the interview was very tricky. Nothing really else to add to this description.

Anonymous Employee in Golden, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Starbucks (Golden, CO).

Interview

Very quick and very easy interview. Wasn't asked many questions and more just talked with the hiring manager. Staff was friendly when I arrived and offered me a free drink.

Interview Questions

• How do you work under high intensity situations   1 Answer

Barista Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Starbucks.

Interview

The usual questions were asked. They were mainly interested in my ability to cope under pressure with high volumes of customers. The also explained their benefits, which weren't bad.

Interview Questions

• Do you work well under pressure   1 Answer

Barista Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Starbucks.

Interview

Very laid-back. I wore jeans and a button-up. Had a phone interview first, then a face-to-face interview. Went inside and they offered me a free beverage. Manager interviewed mw and offered the job during the face-to-face interview.

Interview Questions

• Talk about a time you had to intervene in a situation to keep it from escalating?
      Tell about a time you had a disagreement with a co-worker and how you resolved it?
      What are your strengths? Weaknesses?
      2 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Rogers, AR

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Starbucks (Rogers, AR).

Interview

First job, so it was very behavioral and informal. Asked about how you work in group, what your hobbies are, how would you react in this situation. Pretty easy, you need to be personable, deal with stressful customers, etc.

it was helpful I was able to say a barista from a different store was a reference on their online application. I had visited another store in town frequently and knew them 'well' and had asked if I could.

Interview Questions

• Behavioral questions; how do you work in groups? How do you handle a project when someone doesn't pull their own weight, etc.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Starbucks (Boston, MA).

Interview

Short and easy as well as succinct, I was done within a week and had lots of previous food service experience to back it up as well. Just spoke to the store manager for an entry level position

Barista Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Starbucks.

Interview

I had two interviews, one with assistant manager and general manager. That location was very busy, so the more intense locations have higher expectations on hospitality experience. They were very selective of who they chose, so do not get discouraged if you do not get the job.

Interview Questions

• In a stressful situation, what would you do?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Starbucks (Chicago, IL).

Interview

The interview was super easy. I applied online, and got a call asking me to come in a few days later. O showed up and answer a bunch of obvious questions about working on a team and resolving conflict. Got offered the job on the spot.

Interview Questions

• Describe a positive customer service experience you had   1 Answer
    • Why are you interested in working at Starbucks?   Answer Question