Starbucks Barista Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1,783 Interview Reviews

2.2

1,783 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all Interviews

Barista Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Starbucks.

Interview

After filling out online application. They will show you a list of Starbucks that are hiring about 10. WRITE EVERY STORE NUMBER DOWN!!!!!!!!! Then, CALL EVERYONE OF THEM!
Read this 2 minutes script.

"Hi, My name is ________, can I speak to your hiring manager please." If the hiring manager is not there, find out what their name is and what day and time they will be available. Find out the name of the person you are talking to and write their name down as well and thank them for their time. Then, call back when the hiring manager will be available.

If the manager is there.
"Hi, my name is ___________, I saw online that your store was hiring and I was wondering If I could stop by for no more then two minutes, to drop off my resume and cover letter. When your free of course, this way you can get a feel for me vs just seeing my name on a piece of paper."

Two things will happen, either they will state they are no longer hiring, in which case, you ask them if they know of any other stores that are hiring and what is that managers name. Thank them for their time then, repeat the script with that store.

Or they will give you a time and a day. (Mines offered to meet the next hour.) Prep A resume and a cover letter, dress up as best as you can. I wore a shirt and tie. Go in. be positive, show them you want to learn, and be honest. I told them I didnt drink much coffee, but there is a lot of coffee history they' will teach you if you ask. For fun, ask them about the black apron.

Negotiation

No negotiations.

Other Interview Reviews for Starbucks

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Interview

They asked questions about my experience in hospitality and working under pressure. I felt they were asking in regards to see how competent or knowledgeable I was. I had little experience working with that.

Interview Questions

• Someone tells you that they made they their drink wrong while you are packed with more orders. They demand that they get a free drink and or a refund. What do you do?   1 Answer

Barista Interview

Interview

I applied online and got a call from manager 3 days later. It was kind of a mini interview and was asked for an interview the following day. Interview took about 45 minutes and was hired on the spot :)

Interview Questions

• If a customer complained about their drink, what do you do?   1 Answer
    • Tell me about yourself   1 Answer
    • Tell me about a time you dealt with a difficult customer from your previous job   Answer Question
    • Why Starbucks?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you received excelent customer service   Answer Question

Barista Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Starbucks.

Interview

Very nice, short, pretty much just a conversation. Called back for a second interview WEEKS later, though. This mad me kind of mad because I really wanted the job.

Barista Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Starbucks.

Interview

Standard interview process. The hiring manager interviewed me, asked questions that were customer service oriented, and then hired me. That was four stores and four years ago. It was standard, I don't know what else to write about it.

Anonymous Employee in Killeen, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Starbucks (Killeen, TX).

Interview

I put in an application on Monday. Received a call on Tuesday setting up my interview for that Friday. I went to the interview and was hired on the spot. The manager asked questions about customer service and like what would you do type situations.

Interview Questions

• What would you if a customer came in and said they got a drink the previous day and it didn't taste good so they wanted a new one?   1 Answer
    • Name a time when you received great and bad customer service.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Starbucks (Pittsburgh, PA).

Interview

I met the store manager at the location and sat and waited for approx. 20 minutes which wasn't uncommon. This particular Manager did not make the process easy. Refusing to make eye contact and giving non committed answers to specific questions was rather frustrating. She asked if I would be willing to cover my tattoo, to which I said absolutely. I was not offered the position, I'm not sure if it was (I had 3 years as a barista) experience, the tattoo or my personality she didn't like.

Barista Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Starbucks.

Interview

Lasted 5 minutes and the only thing I was asked about was my schedule. I wasn't even interviewed by the manager of the store I was applying for. I didn't get the chance to answer any real questions or show my personality or anything. Very disappointing especially considering the people around me had in-depth interviews that lasted for about 20 minutes. I was interviewed at a job fair. It's been over a week and still no call.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Lee, NJ

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Starbucks (Fort Lee, NJ).

Interview

I scheduled an appointment for an interview with the manager at one of the stores. I went on the day of the interview and asked one of the workers where the manager was (because 10 min had gone past my interview time). She told me the manager wasn't here and that she would talk to the supervisor about the situation. After a long time, the supervisor never came out, and the worker simply told me that the manager wouldn't be coming in today. i didn't get any prior notice about this and had to come from New York City to NJ to have this interview. This is probably a special case but I hope there's a better system of contacting interviewees and potential employees because I did feel slightly embarrassed and disrespected.

Interview Questions

• What are your hours? (Didn't even have a proper interview)   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Mission, KS

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Starbucks (Mission, KS).

Interview

Very robotic, manager was clearly reading from a script, it wouldn't have mattered what I said, anyone with open availability will get hired. They just pretend to care about quality and skill level but after a few 16 year olds with no experience get hired after you, you realize you have been duped.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a good, memorable interection youhad with a customer at your previous job.   Answer Question