Starbucks Barista Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1,631 Interview Reviews

2.2

1,631 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all Interviews

Barista Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Starbucks.

Interview

After filling out online application. They will show you a list of Starbucks that are hiring about 10. WRITE EVERY STORE NUMBER DOWN!!!!!!!!! Then, CALL EVERYONE OF THEM!
Read this 2 minutes script.

"Hi, My name is ________, can I speak to your hiring manager please." If the hiring manager is not there, find out what their name is and what day and time they will be available. Find out the name of the person you are talking to and write their name down as well and thank them for their time. Then, call back when the hiring manager will be available.

If the manager is there.
"Hi, my name is ___________, I saw online that your store was hiring and I was wondering If I could stop by for no more then two minutes, to drop off my resume and cover letter. When your free of course, this way you can get a feel for me vs just seeing my name on a piece of paper."

Two things will happen, either they will state they are no longer hiring, in which case, you ask them if they know of any other stores that are hiring and what is that managers name. Thank them for their time then, repeat the script with that store.

Or they will give you a time and a day. (Mines offered to meet the next hour.) Prep A resume and a cover letter, dress up as best as you can. I wore a shirt and tie. Go in. be positive, show them you want to learn, and be honest. I told them I didnt drink much coffee, but there is a lot of coffee history they' will teach you if you ask. For fun, ask them about the black apron.

Negotiation

No negotiations.

Other Interview Reviews for Starbucks

Barista Interview

Interview

Online Application and follow up in person interview. I put forth an effort to get the interview though, I didn't just submit an application. When I transferred stores, I had to do another in person interview to see if I'd fit well in the new store.

Interview Questions

• What hours are you available
      what pay are you looking for
      have you worked in the service industry before
      Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Interview

They asked questions about my experience in hospitality and working under pressure. I felt they were asking in regards to see how competent or knowledgeable I was. I had little experience working with that.

Interview Questions

• Someone tells you that they made they their drink wrong while you are packed with more orders. They demand that they get a free drink and or a refund. What do you do?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Rocky River, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Starbucks (Rocky River, OH) in February 2017.

Interview

I applied online and a few days later I got a call to set up an interview. Interview was 1 on 1 about 20 minutes. The manager was very personable and easy to talk to.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you and another person had different viewpoints on something and tell about how you convinced them to see your way   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Henderson, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Starbucks (Henderson, NV) in February 2017.

Interview

I applied online early one morning and the next afternoon I received a phone call asking a couple of questions and if I would like to come in for an interview. We set up the interview for the next day. He mentioned it would be very quick and informal. He was true to his word. He was very friendly and we talked some about the store, the other workers, how its a very tight knit group. We talked about mutual interests and he mentioned he saw me fitting in very well. I felt like we talked more about ourselves than anything else. At the end, after asking if the position would interest me (I responded in the affirmative) he asked for my birthdate to run the background check and said he would call as soon as it was back to set up a start date. I'm very excited to hear from him and get started.

Anonymous Employee in Marietta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Starbucks (Marietta, GA) in February 2017.

Interview

I met with the manager and the interview was pretty casual, he asked mostly general questions and you get a free drink when you come in for your interview. I was hired on the spot at the end and told that they were going to do my background check and then tell me when it went through.

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Starbucks (Indianapolis, IN).

Interview

After I applied, when I called to check on my application, the manager asked me a couple questions over the phone and scheduled an in-person interview. At the in-person interview, manager sat down and asked a few questions. Actually forgot to bring out their pen, so they just took my answers as I gave them. Was a little bit difficult, as these answers required some fairly subjective and abstract thought from what I was used to for interviews and questionnaires.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Interview

Easy asked basic questions about your self like strengths weakness etc. I met with the Manger and we discussed my resume and hours I would want and be able to work.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Starbucks (New York, NY).

Interview

I went in for my interview and was told to wear all black. After the interview, I was told to get behind the bar and start working. It was pretty intimidating but I enjoyed it, to start.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Starbucks (New York, NY).

Interview

Manager asked about me and what good customer service I can add with his fellow workers. He was very welcoming he offered me any drinks i wanted. The other workers was sweet the supervisor was extremely welcoming when I was waiting I came during a big rush so i enjoed watching the main fun about Starbucks the amount of customers you get and how fast we get the drinks out. I was super excited!

Interview Questions

• Why did i apply to Starbucks.   1 Answer