Starbucks Barista Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2,350 Interview Reviews

2.1

2,350 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grand Rapids, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Starbucks (Grand Rapids, MI) in September 2017.

Interview

She went over my past experiences and asked if I would be willing to work early mornings. She explained the pay rate and the hours, described the process of orientation, and asked when I could start.

Interview Questions

• Do you do well in fast-paced environments, where the line is over twenty-five people?   Answer Question
  • Do you have customer service experience?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Starbucks

Anonymous Employee in Anaheim, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Starbucks (Anaheim, CA) in October 2013.

Interview

The manager took me to the back room for 30 minutes to interview some. It was very informal and relaxed. I wore business atire to show how serious I was. I had a copy of my schedule and resume with me.

Interview Questions

• How would you react to an irate customer?   1 Answer

Barista Interview

Interview

They called within 24 hours and did a mini interview over the phone. Then had me come in the next day. I went in for a formal interview.

Interview Questions

• Do I know about their benefit package   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Boise, ID

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Starbucks (Boise, ID) in September 2016.

Interview

Quick and painless. More of a get to know you than anything else! I was happy with the smooth process and it went easy because I was a former partner.

Interview Questions

• Share about a high stress situation, how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Starbucks (Sacramento, CA) in May 2016.

Interview

I was lucky with my hiring because Starbucks was building a new store down the street from my house but it looked like a Denny's. But once you apply you will get a call from the distric manager or a store manager and they will set up a date for interview. From then on if you are hired you will go to a hiring orientation and then be assigned to a store for training. After you finish training you got to one of the five stores you picked on the application process from online.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle stress or tough times?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Starbucks (Atlanta, GA) in April 2017.

Interview

It was really easy, asked me basic questions and then hired me pretty much on the spot. The hard part is getting a call to be interviewed, I'd recommend that if you really want to work at a Starbucks, you go in and introduce yourself or leave the manager a note. I had previous experience in coffee though.

Barista Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Starbucks in September 2015.

Interview

I was called a few days after I applied by the manager who asked me to come in later that day to interview. It was very casual, in the dining area in the middle of the day.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Starbucks?   1 Answer

Barista Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Starbucks in February 2016.

Interview

Went in manager asked if willing to work hard, if able to work as team. How last issue with another person was handled. What hours I wanted, and if willing to be an opener

Interview Questions

• Why do you want you work here   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Charlottesville, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Starbucks (Charlottesville, VA) in November 2016.

Interview

Easy. Walked in and was asked when I could start and was given a run down of the store and duties. Then they offered me a free drink and asked i I had any questions. They offered me the posistion on the spot and i gladly accepted.

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, SC

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Starbucks (Columbia, SC) in September 2017.

Interview

I've been a daily for the past few months, and so after submitting my application online, I was able to confirm an interview appointment with the hiring manager in person.

The questions below are in no particular order, just the order I remembered them. Probably there were others, but even though the interview was very casual, I was stressed at the start and don't recall any more.

The reason I applied in the first place is that one of the shift managers recommended it to me, and I was looking for something different from the farm work I had been doing.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Starbucks?   1 Answer
    • How do you handle stress?   1 Answer
    • The people here are close, like a family, and there's a lot of banter and teasing. Will that be a problem?   1 Answer
    • What sort of hours did you want to work?   1 Answer