Starbucks Barista Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1,981 Interview Reviews

2.1

1,981 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Barista Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Starbucks.

Interview

After filling out online application. They will show you a list of Starbucks that are hiring about 10. WRITE EVERY STORE NUMBER DOWN!!!!!!!!! Then, CALL EVERYONE OF THEM!
Read this 2 minutes script.

"Hi, My name is ________, can I speak to your hiring manager please." If the hiring manager is not there, find out what their name is and what day and time they will be available. Find out the name of the person you are talking to and write their name down as well and thank them for their time. Then, call back when the hiring manager will be available.

If the manager is there.
"Hi, my name is ___________, I saw online that your store was hiring and I was wondering If I could stop by for no more then two minutes, to drop off my resume and cover letter. When your free of course, this way you can get a feel for me vs just seeing my name on a piece of paper."

Two things will happen, either they will state they are no longer hiring, in which case, you ask them if they know of any other stores that are hiring and what is that managers name. Thank them for their time then, repeat the script with that store.

Or they will give you a time and a day. (Mines offered to meet the next hour.) Prep A resume and a cover letter, dress up as best as you can. I wore a shirt and tie. Go in. be positive, show them you want to learn, and be honest. I told them I didnt drink much coffee, but there is a lot of coffee history they' will teach you if you ask. For fun, ask them about the black apron.

Negotiation

No negotiations.

Other Interview Reviews for Starbucks

Barista Interview

Interview

I applied online and got a call from manager 3 days later. It was kind of a mini interview and was asked for an interview the following day. Interview took about 45 minutes and was hired on the spot :)

Interview Questions

• If a customer complained about their drink, what do you do?   2 Answers
    • Tell me about yourself   1 Answer
    • Tell me about a time you dealt with a difficult customer from your previous job   1 Answer
    • Why Starbucks?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you received excelent customer service   Answer Question

Barista Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Starbucks.

Interview

It was pretty easy. They give you a free drink and then ask you why you like it. They were really easy going and just asked basic interview questions, a lot related to stress. This was my first job so I wasn't sure what to expect, but they were nice in explaining how the job worked.

Interview Questions

• How well do you deal with stress? How many hours would you like to work? How did you solve a worker conflict?   Answer Question

Barista Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Starbucks.

Interview

easy asked normal questions hired on the spot fast and awesome loved it. honesly be youreself be awesome have fun giggle laugh idk do you ya knoe be honest be special iok ok ok ok o

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Starbucks (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

Good it was very good. I had an easy time answering questions. The manager was good. When applying remember that not every manager is the same. However it was very very good. I had a good time.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Starbucks (New York, NY).

Interview

It was very quick and relaxing. They made me feel comfortable. I was very nervous to go into a new environment but they made it good. The assistant manager called me within a week and said they would work with my availability. I do have a full time job.

Interview Questions

• Do i have customer service experience   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hayward, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Starbucks (Hayward, CA) in October 2017.

Interview

It was chill, I got a free drink and the interviewer was nice. They asked about my past experiences with customer service and how I would also act with a customer.

Interview Questions

• If an angry customer told you something was wrong with their drink, what would you do?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Bremerton, WA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Starbucks (Bremerton, WA) in October 2017.

Interview

I interviewed with two different managers and both were really nice! They greatly appreciated personability and eye contact. They also offered me a free drink, which made me feel very comfortable.

Barista Interview

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Starbucks.

Interview

I filled out the barista application online and I was called back in for an interview during one of their hiring events about two weeks later. I felt completely at ease throughout the whole interview.

Interview Questions

• I was asked about my extracurricular activities, what they entailed, any challenges concerning communication, etc.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Mira Mesa, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Starbucks (Mira Mesa, CA).

Interview

Manager interviewed me and supposedly only takes two high schooler per year. Very friendly towards me except atmosphere was very loud since it was hosted right at the very shop I was trying to work at.