Starbucks Barista Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1,930 Interview Reviews

2.1

1,930 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Barista Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Starbucks.

Interview

After filling out online application. They will show you a list of Starbucks that are hiring about 10. WRITE EVERY STORE NUMBER DOWN!!!!!!!!! Then, CALL EVERYONE OF THEM!
Read this 2 minutes script.

"Hi, My name is ________, can I speak to your hiring manager please." If the hiring manager is not there, find out what their name is and what day and time they will be available. Find out the name of the person you are talking to and write their name down as well and thank them for their time. Then, call back when the hiring manager will be available.

If the manager is there.
"Hi, my name is ___________, I saw online that your store was hiring and I was wondering If I could stop by for no more then two minutes, to drop off my resume and cover letter. When your free of course, this way you can get a feel for me vs just seeing my name on a piece of paper."

Two things will happen, either they will state they are no longer hiring, in which case, you ask them if they know of any other stores that are hiring and what is that managers name. Thank them for their time then, repeat the script with that store.

Or they will give you a time and a day. (Mines offered to meet the next hour.) Prep A resume and a cover letter, dress up as best as you can. I wore a shirt and tie. Go in. be positive, show them you want to learn, and be honest. I told them I didnt drink much coffee, but there is a lot of coffee history they' will teach you if you ask. For fun, ask them about the black apron.

Negotiation

No negotiations.

Other Interview Reviews for Starbucks

Barista Interview

Interview

I applied online and got a call from manager 3 days later. It was kind of a mini interview and was asked for an interview the following day. Interview took about 45 minutes and was hired on the spot :)

Interview Questions

• If a customer complained about their drink, what do you do?   1 Answer
    • Tell me about yourself   1 Answer
    • Tell me about a time you dealt with a difficult customer from your previous job   1 Answer
    • Why Starbucks?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you received excelent customer service   Answer Question

Barista Interview

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Starbucks.

Interview

I filled out the barista application online and I was called back in for an interview during one of their hiring events about two weeks later. I felt completely at ease throughout the whole interview.

Interview Questions

• I was asked about my extracurricular activities, what they entailed, any challenges concerning communication, etc.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Starbucks (New York, NY).

Interview

Offered me a drink. Very nice. Calm. Odd questions. Very short interview. Explained benefits. I was offered a job on the spot. This was my first interview ive had.

Interview Questions

• Describe a bad customer experience youve had, would you go back?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Starbucks (New York, NY) in September 2017.

Interview

I applied on September 5th. Received a phone call on September 12 (5 business days later) a short phone interview. “Why Starbucks?” “What’s your availability?” Basic questions “What’s your job history and daily task?” I was then asked can I interview in person the next day. Went in September 13th for an interview lasted about 18 mins. Basic questions to see how you would react to situations. Very easy but straightforward interview. It helps a ton to know the mission statement, and or the different brands in Starbucks & when it was founded. That’s a huge upper hand if you at least know 2 things about Starbucks. After the interview I signed paperwork to give permission to do a background check. It took 4hrs to complete. I literally got hired the next day. Be yourself always smile, ask a lot of questions about training and the different color aprons.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you had to train someone who thought they couldn’t complete the task.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Starbucks (Boston, MA) in September 2017.

Interview

The preliminary interview was great. The woman I spoke with was super nice and detailed. She spoke to me about the perks, asked me which location I prefered, and when it was over, she sent me an email where I picked my time for the interview.

Anonymous Employee in Norwell, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Starbucks (Norwell, MA) in September 2017.

Interview

I filled out the application online and was called to set up an interview. I interviewed the next day. The manager asked me several questions and answered mine, and was offered a job

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, SC

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Starbucks (Columbia, SC) in September 2017.

Interview

I've been a daily for the past few months, and so after submitting my application online, I was able to confirm an interview appointment with the hiring manager in person.

The questions below are in no particular order, just the order I remembered them. Probably there were others, but even though the interview was very casual, I was stressed at the start and don't recall any more.

The reason I applied in the first place is that one of the shift managers recommended it to me, and I was looking for something different from the farm work I had been doing.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Starbucks?   1 Answer
    • How do you handle stress?   1 Answer
    • The people here are close, like a family, and there's a lot of banter and teasing. Will that be a problem?   1 Answer
    • What sort of hours did you want to work?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wisconsin Dells, WI

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Starbucks (Wisconsin Dells, WI) in September 2017.

Interview

Very standoffish personnel, too few limited hours available, seemed like they are only interested in hiring younger folks, e.g. people in their twenties, as most of their workers are young. Yet they also seem interested in retention, people who will stay over the long term.

Interview Questions

• How many hours are you looking for?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grand Rapids, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Starbucks (Grand Rapids, MI) in September 2017.

Interview

She went over my past experiences and asked if I would be willing to work early mornings. She explained the pay rate and the hours, described the process of orientation, and asked when I could start.

Interview Questions

• Do you do well in fast-paced environments, where the line is over twenty-five people?   Answer Question
    • Do you have customer service experience?   Answer Question