Starbucks Barista Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1,731 Interview Reviews

2.2

1,731 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all Interviews

Barista Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Starbucks.

Interview

After filling out online application. They will show you a list of Starbucks that are hiring about 10. WRITE EVERY STORE NUMBER DOWN!!!!!!!!! Then, CALL EVERYONE OF THEM!
Read this 2 minutes script.

"Hi, My name is ________, can I speak to your hiring manager please." If the hiring manager is not there, find out what their name is and what day and time they will be available. Find out the name of the person you are talking to and write their name down as well and thank them for their time. Then, call back when the hiring manager will be available.

If the manager is there.
"Hi, my name is ___________, I saw online that your store was hiring and I was wondering If I could stop by for no more then two minutes, to drop off my resume and cover letter. When your free of course, this way you can get a feel for me vs just seeing my name on a piece of paper."

Two things will happen, either they will state they are no longer hiring, in which case, you ask them if they know of any other stores that are hiring and what is that managers name. Thank them for their time then, repeat the script with that store.

Or they will give you a time and a day. (Mines offered to meet the next hour.) Prep A resume and a cover letter, dress up as best as you can. I wore a shirt and tie. Go in. be positive, show them you want to learn, and be honest. I told them I didnt drink much coffee, but there is a lot of coffee history they' will teach you if you ask. For fun, ask them about the black apron.

Negotiation

No negotiations.

Other Interview Reviews for Starbucks

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Interview

They asked questions about my experience in hospitality and working under pressure. I felt they were asking in regards to see how competent or knowledgeable I was. I had little experience working with that.

Interview Questions

• Someone tells you that they made they their drink wrong while you are packed with more orders. They demand that they get a free drink and or a refund. What do you do?   1 Answer

Barista Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Starbucks.

Interview

It was very straightforward, they ask you about the company and the values you have and why you want to work there, if you read up any information on the website you will have a higher chance of receiving the job.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you'd be a good fit for Starbucks?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Interview

The Manager said he would call me the next week to let me know whether I got the job. He never called back! Very unprofessional and immature. HR needs to train mngrs.

Barista Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Starbucks.

Interview

I applied online and received a phone call from the store manager a few days later. I had a phone interview and then an in-person interview. I was offered the job later that week.

Anonymous Employee in Myrtle Beach, SC

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Starbucks (Myrtle Beach, SC).

Interview

I sat and waited for the manger in the small dining area. Then the manager came over talked to me and invited me to orientation. I said yes and two years later I'm stilll a barista!!

Interview Questions

• Do I know how to work and expresso mechine   1 Answer

Barista Interview

Interview

Good they were very friendly, only one interview got job in the spot very cool boss very cool place cool cool cool cool cool just be yourself. Friendly outgoing personality a plus

Interview Questions

• Difficult time with customer and how did you handle it   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Starbucks (New York, NY) in May 2017.

Interview

It's best to visit each store you've applied to and give them your resume because applying online isn't enough. The hiring managers may take awhile to get back to you.

With my first interview I had visited the store, got a free drink and was asked questions about myself. They want upbeat, energetic and organized people, this was my first job and it really surprised me as to how easy the process was.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Myers, FL

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Starbucks (Fort Myers, FL) in May 2017.

Interview

Was a very casual interview done in the open seating area of the Starbucks. Was offered a drink before the interview. Don't forget to let one of the staff know that you are there for an interview, otherwise the manager will continue on with their day.

Anonymous Employee in Greenville, SC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Starbucks (Greenville, SC) in May 2017.

Interview

The first interview was pretty standard in length and difficulty and at the end I was asked to go to a second interview at another location. The second interview basically went over pay, hours, etc.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Starbucks?   1 Answer