Starbucks Barista Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Starbucks

2,393 Interview Reviews

2.1

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grand Rapids, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Starbucks (Grand Rapids, MI) in September 2017.

Interview

She went over my past experiences and asked if I would be willing to work early mornings. She explained the pay rate and the hours, described the process of orientation, and asked when I could start.

Interview Questions

• Do you do well in fast-paced environments, where the line is over twenty-five people?   Answer Question
  • Do you have customer service experience?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Starbucks

Barista Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Starbucks in September 2015.

Interview

I was called a few days after I applied by the manager who asked me to come in later that day to interview. It was very casual, in the dining area in the middle of the day.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Starbucks?   1 Answer

Barista Interview

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Starbucks.

Interview

I filled out the barista application online and I was called back in for an interview during one of their hiring events about two weeks later. I felt completely at ease throughout the whole interview.

Interview Questions

• I was asked about my extracurricular activities, what they entailed, any challenges concerning communication, etc.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wisconsin Dells, WI

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Starbucks (Wisconsin Dells, WI) in September 2017.

Interview

Very standoffish personnel, too few limited hours available, seemed like they are only interested in hiring younger folks, e.g. people in their twenties, as most of their workers are young. Yet they also seem interested in retention, people who will stay over the long term.

Interview Questions

• How many hours are you looking for?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Stockton, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Starbucks (Stockton, CA) in August 2017.

Interview

After applying online, I waited a few days and called the store. I asked to speak to the hiring manager. When I was put on with her, I told her my name, that I had applied, and asked if I could stop in briefly to drop off my resume and cover letter. She told me to stop in the next morning. I did so and was able to hand them to her in person. Later that same day I received a call from her to attend a job fair interview the next week.

The interview itself was very laidback and simple. The interviewer was very friendly. I was asked several questions. The ones I recall I will detail below. After the initial interview, I was told to wait outside for a bit and I would have a second interview. The second interview happened almost immediately. I was seen by another interviewer and that also was very easygoing.

The best tips I can give are to be genuine and show that you're a positive and passionate person. Starbucks values passion and authenticity.

Also, if they describe to you what happens after being hired and ask how soon you can start, you probably nailed it.

Anonymous Employee in Riverside, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Starbucks (Riverside, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

Pretty basic. Ask you about your experiece in food and beverage, your life and goals, etc. Just want to get an idea of how you are as a person/with people.

Interview Questions

• What is your idea of good customer service?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Starbucks (New York, NY).

Interview

Offered me a drink. Very nice. Calm. Odd questions. Very short interview. Explained benefits. I was offered a job on the spot. This was my first interview ive had.

Interview Questions

• Describe a bad customer experience youve had, would you go back?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Starbucks (New York, NY) in September 2017.

Interview

I applied on September 5th. Received a phone call on September 12 (5 business days later) a short phone interview. “Why Starbucks?” “What’s your availability?” Basic questions “What’s your job history and daily task?” I was then asked can I interview in person the next day. Went in September 13th for an interview lasted about 18 mins. Basic questions to see how you would react to situations. Very easy but straightforward interview. It helps a ton to know the mission statement, and or the different brands in Starbucks & when it was founded. That’s a huge upper hand if you at least know 2 things about Starbucks. After the interview I signed paperwork to give permission to do a background check. It took 4hrs to complete. I literally got hired the next day. Be yourself always smile, ask a lot of questions about training and the different color aprons.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you had to train someone who thought they couldn’t complete the task.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Redding, CA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Starbucks (Redding, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

Short, sweet, to the point. I was very quiet and the interviewer asked plenty of questions. while it was short I got to get to know my past manager very well.

Anonymous Employee in Anaheim, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Starbucks (Anaheim, CA) in October 2013.

Interview

The manager took me to the back room for 30 minutes to interview some. It was very informal and relaxed. I wore business atire to show how serious I was. I had a copy of my schedule and resume with me.

Interview Questions

• How would you react to an irate customer?   1 Answer