Starbucks Barista Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1,658 Interview Reviews

2.2

1,658 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all Interviews

Barista Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Starbucks.

Interview

After filling out online application. They will show you a list of Starbucks that are hiring about 10. WRITE EVERY STORE NUMBER DOWN!!!!!!!!! Then, CALL EVERYONE OF THEM!
Read this 2 minutes script.

"Hi, My name is ________, can I speak to your hiring manager please." If the hiring manager is not there, find out what their name is and what day and time they will be available. Find out the name of the person you are talking to and write their name down as well and thank them for their time. Then, call back when the hiring manager will be available.

If the manager is there.
"Hi, my name is ___________, I saw online that your store was hiring and I was wondering If I could stop by for no more then two minutes, to drop off my resume and cover letter. When your free of course, this way you can get a feel for me vs just seeing my name on a piece of paper."

Two things will happen, either they will state they are no longer hiring, in which case, you ask them if they know of any other stores that are hiring and what is that managers name. Thank them for their time then, repeat the script with that store.

Or they will give you a time and a day. (Mines offered to meet the next hour.) Prep A resume and a cover letter, dress up as best as you can. I wore a shirt and tie. Go in. be positive, show them you want to learn, and be honest. I told them I didnt drink much coffee, but there is a lot of coffee history they' will teach you if you ask. For fun, ask them about the black apron.

Negotiation

No negotiations.

Other Interview Reviews for Starbucks

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Interview

They asked questions about my experience in hospitality and working under pressure. I felt they were asking in regards to see how competent or knowledgeable I was. I had little experience working with that.

Interview Questions

• Someone tells you that they made they their drink wrong while you are packed with more orders. They demand that they get a free drink and or a refund. What do you do?   Answer Question

Barista Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Starbucks.

Interview

managers get many applications, so if you want the job, you need to stay on them. Questions are all behavioral and important to use STAR for answering them. Be persistent and apply online

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time you were late or were going to miss work? What did you do to reduce the impact of your absence? What was the outcome?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Jessup, MD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Starbucks (Jessup, MD).

Interview

I submitted an application through Starbucks. I received a call back within a week for an interview. Sat in the Starbucks store lounge with the Manager (at the time) and basically had a friendly conversation with her. It was very laid back, easy, and she was fun to talk to.

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Starbucks (San Antonio, TX).

Interview

Went in to the store and asked for the manager, I was offer a free cup of my favorite coffee and had to wait for a good 30 or so minutes (applied during holiday). After the wait I met with the store manager and also the assistant store manager and we had a great chat. The interview consist of some scenario questions and your typical interview question. I'd highly suggest looking up starbucks value and mission and also looking through some reddit and other thread to learn what it's like the be there it will help a bunch!

Interview Questions

• If hired, what can you bring to my team?   1 Answer

Barista Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Starbucks.

Interview

Met with the manager we had a nice talk she asked me about past experience and what my needs were . Then offered me the job the background check took about a week and a half.

Barista Interview

Interview

Online Application and follow up in person interview. I put forth an effort to get the interview though, I didn't just submit an application. When I transferred stores, I had to do another in person interview to see if I'd fit well in the new store.

Interview Questions

• What hours are you available
      what pay are you looking for
      have you worked in the service industry before
      Answer Question

Barista Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Starbucks in March 2017.

Interview

I was kept waiting for an hour after my interview time. The interviewer relied solely on her paper and not creativity. No questions were asked of my product knowledge.

Anonymous Employee in Rocky River, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Starbucks (Rocky River, OH) in February 2017.

Interview

I applied online and a few days later I got a call to set up an interview. Interview was 1 on 1 about 20 minutes. The manager was very personable and easy to talk to.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you and another person had different viewpoints on something and tell about how you convinced them to see your way   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Henderson, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Starbucks (Henderson, NV) in February 2017.

Interview

I applied online early one morning and the next afternoon I received a phone call asking a couple of questions and if I would like to come in for an interview. We set up the interview for the next day. He mentioned it would be very quick and informal. He was true to his word. He was very friendly and we talked some about the store, the other workers, how its a very tight knit group. We talked about mutual interests and he mentioned he saw me fitting in very well. I felt like we talked more about ourselves than anything else. At the end, after asking if the position would interest me (I responded in the affirmative) he asked for my birthdate to run the background check and said he would call as soon as it was back to set up a start date. I'm very excited to hear from him and get started.