Starbucks Barista Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1,836 Interview Reviews

2.2

1,836 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Barista Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Starbucks.

Interview

After filling out online application. They will show you a list of Starbucks that are hiring about 10. WRITE EVERY STORE NUMBER DOWN!!!!!!!!! Then, CALL EVERYONE OF THEM!
Read this 2 minutes script.

"Hi, My name is ________, can I speak to your hiring manager please." If the hiring manager is not there, find out what their name is and what day and time they will be available. Find out the name of the person you are talking to and write their name down as well and thank them for their time. Then, call back when the hiring manager will be available.

If the manager is there.
"Hi, my name is ___________, I saw online that your store was hiring and I was wondering If I could stop by for no more then two minutes, to drop off my resume and cover letter. When your free of course, this way you can get a feel for me vs just seeing my name on a piece of paper."

Two things will happen, either they will state they are no longer hiring, in which case, you ask them if they know of any other stores that are hiring and what is that managers name. Thank them for their time then, repeat the script with that store.

Or they will give you a time and a day. (Mines offered to meet the next hour.) Prep A resume and a cover letter, dress up as best as you can. I wore a shirt and tie. Go in. be positive, show them you want to learn, and be honest. I told them I didnt drink much coffee, but there is a lot of coffee history they' will teach you if you ask. For fun, ask them about the black apron.

Negotiation

No negotiations.

Other Interview Reviews for Starbucks

Barista Interview

Interview

I applied online and got a call from manager 3 days later. It was kind of a mini interview and was asked for an interview the following day. Interview took about 45 minutes and was hired on the spot :)

Interview Questions

• If a customer complained about their drink, what do you do?   1 Answer
    • Tell me about yourself   1 Answer
    • Tell me about a time you dealt with a difficult customer from your previous job   Answer Question
    • Why Starbucks?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you received excelent customer service   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Interview

They asked questions about my experience in hospitality and working under pressure. I felt they were asking in regards to see how competent or knowledgeable I was. I had little experience working with that.

Interview Questions

• Someone tells you that they made they their drink wrong while you are packed with more orders. They demand that they get a free drink and or a refund. What do you do?   1 Answer

Barista Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Starbucks.

Interview

Got a phone call around 3 weeks after applying if not more to schedule an in person interview. Gave the run down of the job and then was hired.
    Very informal and casual interview.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a situation in which a customer was angry with you?   Answer Question

Barista Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Starbucks.

Interview

I was 16yo when I applied. I was greeted and offered a drink. The interview was conducted in the lobby. The manager asked me questions about my experience and skills and why I applied to Starbucks.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a customer who said their drink was made wrong?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Suffolk, VA

Interview

Filled out application . I then called for an interview. Went on my interview and blurted out the mission statement and showed that I was available at any time. The manager was very impressed and told me that he would send the background check papers to my email . Still waiting on that email as we speak.

Barista Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Starbucks.

Interview

There was an open house so I showed up to the designated Starbucks and waited to be seen. Waited almost 40 minutes then 1 out of 3 managers came to interview me. We went outside and talked. Took about 30 minutes and was contacted within 2 days.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Starbucks?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Starbucks (San Diego, CA).

Interview

Applied online, then went into the location I applied and asked to speak to the manager. I told her that I had applied and was interested in the position and she gave me an interview date.
    I came back a few days later and had the interview.
    I thought the interview went okay, although there was a drug arrest in the middle of it, but i didn't end up getting the position

Interview Questions

• What's a product you're passionate about? Try to sell it to me.   Answer Question
    • Do you food service/barista experience?   Answer Question
    • What would you do if you were asked to promote or sell a product you personally dislike to a customer?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Starbucks (Las Vegas, NV).

Interview

I applied online and got a call about two weeks later and the guy interviewed me on the phone and invited me for another interview the next day. the interview went pretty well, they told me they'd call me back in a week and they never did.

Barista Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Starbucks.

Interview

Very rigid outline of questions but the manager gave a lot of space for conversation and connection. I had to apply online and then follow up with manager about an interview. She had a lot of issues with turnover so she asked me about where I saw myself in the next year.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a time you dealt with a rude customer.   Answer Question