Starbucks Barista Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1,874 Interview Reviews

2.2

1,874 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Ontario, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Starbucks (Ontario, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

Two interviews. One with store manager. One with gm who manages a few nearby stores. Interviews happened two weeks apart. The asked typical questions and wanted to determine if they thought you were a good fit with the coworkers there who were already employed. I don't know really.

Also, one more thing, there was a long initial phone call. Our Starbucks had a drive through and they want to make sure you have a friendly voice that sounds cheerful and upbeat. Positivity!

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Starbucks

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Matteson, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Starbucks (Matteson, IL) in September 2013.

Interview

Applied online, didn't get a call for a week, decided to call each one I applied to back and every one said that same thing but two ladies pretended like they couldn't hear me but they could hear me perfectly fine before I asked about my application.

Barista Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saggart (Ireland)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Starbucks (Saggart (Ireland)) in March 2015.

Interview

turned me down straight away, after inviting me to an interview, very dissapointing, just took one look at me and said no sorry. had driven for an hour to get there too.

Anonymous Employee in Northbrook, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Starbucks (Northbrook, IL) in September 2016.

Interview

The manager asked me a lot of scenario based questions, around 10 questions in total. Each scenario focused on an aspect of customer service and leadership capability. I answered most of the questions by attesting to my confidence in dealing with stressful situations, and how customers always come first in the business.

Interview Questions

• Give an example when you had to work as a team and complete a group project.   Answer Question

Barista Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Starbucks in December 2016.

Interview

walked in, told the cashier i was there for interview. i got a free drink and waited. the manager came late. manager told me the interview questions would be in the star format. situation, task, action, and result. she wrote down notes and her clipboard and barely made eye contact. interview was really quick

Interview Questions

• how did you handle a situation where you didn't agree with someone   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Starbucks (Tucson, AZ) in September 2013.

Interview

I went to a hiring fair so the were mass interviewing others. I first did a screening interview. and then sat down with a store manager who, basically said i had got the job.

Interview Questions

• How do you react to change?   1 Answer

Negotiation

no negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Starbucks (New York, NY) in September 2016.

Interview

She asked me a lot of questions from a piece of paper and took down notes. She rarely smiled at me and it was really stressful. Most of the questions were "Tell me about a time when..."

Interview Questions

• What is a goal you want to achieve and how can Starbucks help you with that?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you disagreed with a manager and what did you do?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in North Hollywood, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Starbucks (North Hollywood, CA) in June 2012.

Interview

This was the most complex yet structured interview I have had for such a mundane job. One must desire to work in foods to keep the job but the interview can be cake if you find out the questions beforehand and practice, practice, practice. I got the job with personality. Apparently they like bubbly people.

Barista Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Starbucks.

Interview

Interview was one-on-one. Manager asked me "Why do you want to work for Starbucks", asked me about my future goals, and a few situational questions. Mostly an easy and casual interview as if it were a conversation with a friend. Finally, I was offered the job on the spot and was asked my DOB for a background check.

Interview Questions

• "Tell me about a personal quality that you would like to improve on working here"   Answer Question

Negotiation

Minimum wage, no negotiation.

Barista Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, East of England, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Starbucks (Cambridge, East of England, England (UK)) in March 2014.

Interview

You talk with your possible manager and another member of starbucks, either a supervisor or manager from another store. Talk about your experiences or why you think you'd be suitable for the job and yourself as a person. Then the manager will make a decision and call you a couple days after.

Interview Questions

• Give an explanation of something positive you've done at work or in your communtinity   1 Answer