Starbucks Barista Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1,836 Interview Reviews

2.2

1,836 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Barista Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Starbucks.

Interview

I was 16yo when I applied. I was greeted and offered a drink. The interview was conducted in the lobby. The manager asked me questions about my experience and skills and why I applied to Starbucks.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a customer who said their drink was made wrong?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Starbucks

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Starbucks (Philadelphia, PA) in February 2015.

Interview

I submitted an online application which led to a phone interview that took about an hour. Most of the questions were behavioral to see how well you would work with customers

Interview Questions

• If a customer says you made the drink wrong, what do you do?   Answer Question

Barista Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Starbucks.

Interview

Got a phone call around 3 weeks after applying if not more to schedule an in person interview. Gave the run down of the job and then was hired.
    Very informal and casual interview.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a situation in which a customer was angry with you?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Bristol, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Starbucks (Bristol, VA) in July 2015.

Interview

Applied online, followed by a follow-up call which got me an interview. The interview was a face to face meeting with me, the store manager and the district manager. They asked a couple questions and then if it was okay if they ran a background check. A couple days later after the background check was filed, they called me and offered me the job, which I accepted.

Anonymous Employee in Antelope, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Starbucks (Antelope, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

It was easy to get hired they asked me bs and I said bs and then I got hired. Then magical rainbows flew out my butt as I went to write more stuff to take up the space is this 30 words yet?

Barista Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Starbucks (Ottawa, ON (Canada)) in July 2017.

Interview

I applied online for a number of local Starbuck's and received a call from one of the store managers to come in for an interview about 1 week after applying. The interview itself consisted of pretty general customer service questions; I would definitely recommend reading the mission statement to know how you should answer the questions.

Interview Questions

• Can you give and example of a time when you and a coworker had a difference of opinion.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Wilmington, DE

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Starbucks (Wilmington, DE) in July 2017.

Interview

Submitted online and called two weeks later only to discover no one had checked the online applications. Week later they called to schedule an interview.

You have to go up to the drink counter and state that you're there for the interview. They always offer a free drink so be polite and take it! Sat down in cafe area and was interviewed by a single manager.

Interview Questions

• Why Starbucks?   1 Answer
    • Tell me about a time you had fantastic customer service and what made it great?   Answer Question

Barista Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Starbucks (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in January 2017.

Interview

The interview itself was very laid back and kind of casual. The interviewer just asked basic questions about myself and also asked me to explain situations that I have experienced, similar to working there.

Barista Interview

Anonymous Employee in North Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Starbucks (North Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in May 2017.

Interview

being interviewed by 3 people simultaneously. they had some papers of questions. they read them one by one, asking me to give example and explain my act in each of the situations.

Interview Questions

• what is the characteristic of one of my former colleges that I really appreciate it?   1 Answer

Barista Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Starbucks in January 2014.

Interview

Very Laid back and pleasant. Managers make you feel comfortable and questions are not too intense. Great Atmosphere and they offer you free coffee before you begin the interview process!

Interview Questions

• How do you feel about working in an extremely fast paced environment?   Answer Question