Starbucks Barista Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2,055 Interview Reviews

2.1

2,055 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Mira Mesa, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Starbucks (Mira Mesa, CA).

Interview

Manager interviewed me and supposedly only takes two high schooler per year. Very friendly towards me except atmosphere was very loud since it was hosted right at the very shop I was trying to work at.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Starbucks

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hayward, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Starbucks (Hayward, CA) in October 2017.

Interview

It was chill, I got a free drink and the interviewer was nice. They asked about my past experiences with customer service and how I would also act with a customer.

Interview Questions

• If an angry customer told you something was wrong with their drink, what would you do?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Bremerton, WA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Starbucks (Bremerton, WA) in October 2017.

Interview

I interviewed with two different managers and both were really nice! They greatly appreciated personability and eye contact. They also offered me a free drink, which made me feel very comfortable.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Starbucks (Miami, FL) in October 2017.

Interview

Ask about personal life, assess how you would handle situations, and if you're capable of working in their store in terms of availability and ability to handle items: such as heavy items, standing long hours, drinking coffee, and speaking to customers.

Interview Questions

• Are you going to school?   1 Answer
    • What are you majoring in?   1 Answer
    • Have you had work experience?   1 Answer
    • Have you had experience helping people?   1 Answer
    • How would you handle a rude customer?   1 Answer
    • Did you know about the educational programs Starbucks provides?   1 Answer

Barista Interview

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Starbucks.

Interview

I filled out the barista application online and I was called back in for an interview during one of their hiring events about two weeks later. I felt completely at ease throughout the whole interview.

Interview Questions

• I was asked about my extracurricular activities, what they entailed, any challenges concerning communication, etc.   Answer Question

Barista Interview

Interview

They called within 24 hours and did a mini interview over the phone. Then had me come in the next day. I went in for a formal interview.

Interview Questions

• Do I know about their benefit package   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Starbucks (New York, NY).

Interview

Offered me a drink. Very nice. Calm. Odd questions. Very short interview. Explained benefits. I was offered a job on the spot. This was my first interview ive had.

Interview Questions

• Describe a bad customer experience youve had, would you go back?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Starbucks (Boston, MA) in September 2017.

Interview

The preliminary interview was great. The woman I spoke with was super nice and detailed. She spoke to me about the perks, asked me which location I prefered, and when it was over, she sent me an email where I picked my time for the interview.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Starbucks (New York, NY) in September 2017.

Interview

I applied on September 5th. Received a phone call on September 12 (5 business days later) a short phone interview. “Why Starbucks?” “What’s your availability?” Basic questions “What’s your job history and daily task?” I was then asked can I interview in person the next day. Went in September 13th for an interview lasted about 18 mins. Basic questions to see how you would react to situations. Very easy but straightforward interview. It helps a ton to know the mission statement, and or the different brands in Starbucks & when it was founded. That’s a huge upper hand if you at least know 2 things about Starbucks. After the interview I signed paperwork to give permission to do a background check. It took 4hrs to complete. I literally got hired the next day. Be yourself always smile, ask a lot of questions about training and the different color aprons.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you had to train someone who thought they couldn’t complete the task.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, SC

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Starbucks (Columbia, SC) in September 2017.

Interview

I've been a daily for the past few months, and so after submitting my application online, I was able to confirm an interview appointment with the hiring manager in person.

The questions below are in no particular order, just the order I remembered them. Probably there were others, but even though the interview was very casual, I was stressed at the start and don't recall any more.

The reason I applied in the first place is that one of the shift managers recommended it to me, and I was looking for something different from the farm work I had been doing.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Starbucks?   1 Answer
    • How do you handle stress?   1 Answer
    • The people here are close, like a family, and there's a lot of banter and teasing. Will that be a problem?   1 Answer
    • What sort of hours did you want to work?   1 Answer