Starbucks Barista Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2,032 Interview Reviews

2.1

2,032 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Oldsmar, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Starbucks (Oldsmar, FL) in September 2017.

Interview

I applied online with an employee referral. After 2 weeks, I came into the store to as about the interview and gave them my name and phone number. The following Monday I got called for an interview for that Friday at 1p (times are usually available at 12,1 and 5). The interview was easy, asking a lot of "what-if" questions as well as behavioral questions at work or school. I was also asked basic questions like my availability and if I would be working 2 jobs or just transition from my current job to the other. No standard interview questions like "what are your strengths?" or "tell me about yourself", but it could be different between stores. I was told the daily tasks of a barista as well as the North Star agenda (basically the behaviors you should be showing to your partners and customers). It helps to do research and have any experiences that could relate to Starbucks' values (I told the interviewer I was in an Environment Club in HS, since SB is heavy on helping the environment). I was told I would be called back the following Monday, but didnt get a call until Wednesday due to things coming up on her end. Im currently doing the background check but once thats done you're officially an employee!

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Starbucks?   Answer Question
  • Explain a time in which you came up with a solution to a problem and what were the different opinions and viewpoints that you got from that experience?   Answer Question
  • What would you do if a customer told you they were not satisfied with their drink or they got their order wrong?   Answer Question
  • Explain a time in which someone you worked with wasn't doing what they were supposed to and how did you do to resolve it?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Starbucks

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Starbucks (New York, NY) in September 2017.

Interview

I was emailed for an in-store interview about 2 weeks after applying to a handful of stores. When I arrived, I was interviewed by the manager who was really nice and casual about it. The entire interview was quick with a very conversational tone.

Interview Questions

• Why do you feel you'd be the right fit for Starbucks?   Answer Question
    • How would you react to a customer expressing disappointment in their order?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Starbucks (Boston, MA) in September 2017.

Interview

Applied online, got a phone call which turned into a phone interview, got invited for a face to face interview and was offered a job on the spot. Typical STAR questions were asked, nothing too difficult.

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Starbucks (Boston, MA) in September 2017.

Interview

Applied online and got a call just a few days later for a short interview over the phone, then scheduled an interview for the next day and was hired on the spot.

Barista Interview

Interview

You are called in for an interview. They seem interested in hiring younger folks, e.g. people in their twenties, as most of their workers are young. Yet they also seem interested in retention, people who will stay over the long term.

Anonymous Employee in Fairfield, NJ

Interview

Was very structured and questions were read off of prepared questions for all starbucks interviews. Be able to refer to past experiences in jobs and keep in mind that your job consists of customer service. Be a people pleaser!

Anonymous Employee in Hot Springs National Park, AR

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Starbucks (Hot Springs National Park, AR).

Interview

The first interview was done in store, and the second over the phone. Both were very laid back. In store, I was offered a drink first and had about a 30 minute interview. A week later I had a second, and was offered the position.

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Starbucks (Portland, OR).

Interview

IF a store manager gives you an interview they usually higher you on the spot. Unless they see something they dont like. Go into the store and introduce yourself. Be very excited and bubbly and you should get the job if there are any openings.

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with a problem customer?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Starbucks (Seattle, WA) in August 2017.

Interview

I had a phone screening which was like a mini interview. After that she invited me to go to an inperson interview which was a couple days later. I wore nice black skinny jeggings and a black blouse and black flats. I checked in and they gave me a goody bag. Then i sat down with two girls and they were friendly and immediately started asking me the questions. TIP: before the interview i spent a lot of time writing down the interview questions that ppl post on glassdoor. Then i had ppl ask me them over and over until i would know what to respond. That helped so much because the questions they asked me were basically those VERY questions, slight variations. You want to have an arsenal of answers.. because it is hard to think of them on the spot and you dont want to be speechless. Sit tall and talk confidently. It's not that hard I said um a bunch of times and sometimes my answers were a little rambly but it was fine. Be prepared to talk a lot about teamwork and customer service, those are big ones. Practice practice practice. Most importantly pray in jesus name and He will hear you! Thank you Father in heaven and thank you glassdoor!

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself?   Answer Question
    • Why Starbucks?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time where you had to use strong teamwork capabilities.   Answer Question
    • How would you deal with a difficult customer or someone who said their drink was made wrong?   Answer Question
    • Customer connection is really important at starbucks, what is a time where you displayed strong skills in customer connection (customer service)   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Skokie, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Starbucks (Skokie, IL).

Interview

I applied online.
    I got called in by the store manager for a face-to-face interview. She was able to meet with me within the next few days of her phone call.
    Interview was basic and simple, lasted less than 30 minutes. I also got a free drink for the interview!