Starbucks Barista Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1,736 Interview Reviews

2.2

1,736 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Jessup, MD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Starbucks (Jessup, MD).

Interview

I submitted an application through Starbucks. I received a call back within a week for an interview. Sat in the Starbucks store lounge with the Manager (at the time) and basically had a friendly conversation with her. It was very laid back, easy, and she was fun to talk to.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Starbucks

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Starbucks (San Antonio, TX).

Interview

Went in to the store and asked for the manager, I was offer a free cup of my favorite coffee and had to wait for a good 30 or so minutes (applied during holiday). After the wait I met with the store manager and also the assistant store manager and we had a great chat. The interview consist of some scenario questions and your typical interview question. I'd highly suggest looking up starbucks value and mission and also looking through some reddit and other thread to learn what it's like the be there it will help a bunch!

Interview Questions

• If hired, what can you bring to my team?   1 Answer

Barista Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Starbucks.

Interview

Met with the manager we had a nice talk she asked me about past experience and what my needs were . Then offered me the job the background check took about a week and a half.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Starbucks (Raleigh, NC) in March 2017.

Interview

When you first walk in for the interview, you are offered a free drink of any size... take the drink as it shows your interest in Starbucks' products. Then you will have a casual sit down interview with the hiring manager. No need to dress in a suit in tie. just a nice casual outfit. (khaki pants and a button down would work)
    There are many videos online that can help you prepare for this interview. Make sure you mention that coffee brings smiles to people's faces and you would like to help start customer's days with a smile.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Starbucks?   1 Answer
    • Tell an example of a situation of when you had a leadership role and encountered a problem. As a leader, how did you solve the problem? What steps did you take?   Answer Question
    • What is your favorite drink on the menu?   1 Answer

Barista Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Starbucks in March 2017.

Interview

I was kept waiting for an hour after my interview time. The interviewer relied solely on her paper and not creativity. No questions were asked of my product knowledge.

Barista Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Starbucks in March 2017.

Interview

Honestly don't remember applying for this specific location but I guess after a while you applied your application is sent around so got a call a few days later I applied that they want me to come in for an interview the following day and so I did. They offered a drink. They pretty much asked me questions about my current job and my availability and what were some struggles I had and like problem solving. It lasted about half an hour. Then they said they'd call me back if they want me on their team or not. 2 days later they called me saying they wanna offer me the job and then there was there was a background check process took about a little over a week. Now my starting date is next weekend. All this happened on early March so it takes pretty long.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you felt like you overachieved at your last job?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Starbucks (New York, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

They ask you about previous experience, give you a short HR test and then ask you to spend one day of on the job training as a trial run. If all goes smoothly then you get a training session scheduled.

Barista Interview

Interview

Online Application and follow up in person interview. I put forth an effort to get the interview though, I didn't just submit an application. When I transferred stores, I had to do another in person interview to see if I'd fit well in the new store.

Interview Questions

• What hours are you available
      what pay are you looking for
      have you worked in the service industry before
      Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Rocky River, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Starbucks (Rocky River, OH) in February 2017.

Interview

I applied online and a few days later I got a call to set up an interview. Interview was 1 on 1 about 20 minutes. The manager was very personable and easy to talk to.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you and another person had different viewpoints on something and tell about how you convinced them to see your way   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Henderson, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Starbucks (Henderson, NV) in February 2017.

Interview

I applied online early one morning and the next afternoon I received a phone call asking a couple of questions and if I would like to come in for an interview. We set up the interview for the next day. He mentioned it would be very quick and informal. He was true to his word. He was very friendly and we talked some about the store, the other workers, how its a very tight knit group. We talked about mutual interests and he mentioned he saw me fitting in very well. I felt like we talked more about ourselves than anything else. At the end, after asking if the position would interest me (I responded in the affirmative) he asked for my birthdate to run the background check and said he would call as soon as it was back to set up a start date. I'm very excited to hear from him and get started.