Starbucks Barista Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1,783 Interview Reviews

2.2

1,783 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Starbucks (Chicago, IL).

Interview

It is a pretty basic interview process, similar to other food service places. "What was it like working at your last job?", etc.

The interviewer did call my references.

Interview Questions

• What improvements did you make at your last workplace?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Starbucks

Anonymous Employee in Franklin Park, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Starbucks (Franklin Park, PA).

Interview

I applied online and went through a single round interview with the current store manager and ASM for the location.
    I was asked about team experience, past work, and why I want to be a part of the company.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Starbucks?   Answer Question
    • Can you describe a situation you had a disagreement with a fellow employee/team member and how was it resolved?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Fremont, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Starbucks (Fremont, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

Applied Online, got a call 1 week later to set up an interview. Arrived and received a free drink. Manager knew about my background and was very friendly in asking questions. Don't be afraid to ask for some time to think about your interview answers. Had to wait 5 days for the background check but other than that, everything was pretty quick.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Starbucks (New York, NY).

Interview

Simple and comfortable interview with store manager. Ask about your personality, past experiences and reason for coming here. Nothing too difficult, okay process. Just be yourself and you'll be okay. Took about a week or so.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newport Beach, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Starbucks (Newport Beach, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

I got a call from the manager asking me to come in for an interview the following week.

I was waiting out in the guest area until 20 minutes after the scheduled start time, the shift lead had to go in back twice to remind the manager I was there. Manager burst out of the back and walks me over to one of the tables without introducing herself. She went down a list of questions she had with her-- pretty standard questions. One red flag was her needlessly interjecting that some past workers think the place is disorganized.

I was asked if I had any questions and I asked what she enjoyed about working there-- her answer was basically just the usual pay package/benefits/perks spiel. At this point the next applicant came in and she cut the interview off; she was sitting down with him at another table before I'd even gathered my resume and notes-- super rude. I was told I would get a call regardless of the decision, but I was still in the dark 10 days later. I called and was abruptly informed that they had gone with a different applicant.

To say the least, the management at this location is disorganized, but it didn't really feel as if my candidacy had been taken seriously. Starbucks is great, but this location isn't. If you're applying online, you might want to save your 6 allotted choices for a better store.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had a positive interaction with a customer.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dana Point, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Starbucks (Dana Point, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

It was a 25 min interview with a free drink while you wait. Very friendly and relatable manager, I haven't heard back yet. I would apply and interview again even if I don't get the position.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years and how does Starbucks play a role   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Eau Claire, WI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Starbucks (Eau Claire, WI) in April 2017.

Interview

Applied online and was asked to come in for a formal interview. I was asked many situational questions about how I would handle things. It was a pretty standard interview that took about 20-30 mins.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a situation with an unsatisfied customer?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when you had to teach someone how to do something.   Answer Question

Barista Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Starbucks.

Interview

Called for an interview same day I applied online. Set up an interview for the next day. She sat me down and had a piece of paper with a bunch of questions on it. She hired me on the spot at the end of the interview.

Interview Questions

• Asked why I wanted to work for Starbucks, how I deal with difficult customers, etc   Answer Question

Barista Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Starbucks.

Interview

managers get many applications, so if you want the job, you need to stay on them. Questions are all behavioral and important to use STAR for answering them. Be persistent and apply online

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time you were late or were going to miss work? What did you do to reduce the impact of your absence? What was the outcome?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Jessup, MD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Starbucks (Jessup, MD).

Interview

I submitted an application through Starbucks. I received a call back within a week for an interview. Sat in the Starbucks store lounge with the Manager (at the time) and basically had a friendly conversation with her. It was very laid back, easy, and she was fun to talk to.