Starbucks Interview Questions in Boston, MA | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 28, 2017

1.9

38 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Starbucks (Boston, MA) in July 2017.

Interview

I had applied through the website and got a call two days later.Nice manager, gave me a beverage of choice on the house and made me feel comfortable it was a relaxed interview.

Interview Questions

• Name one time you've given/received exceptional customer service   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Starbucks (Boston, MA).

Interview

Short and easy as well as succinct, I was done within a week and had lots of previous food service experience to back it up as well. Just spoke to the store manager for an entry level position

Anonymous Employee in Brookline, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Starbucks (Brookline, MA) in March 2017.

Interview

Every Starbucks store, partner is of course of a greater network. It took me at least 3 phone calls from multiple nearby to even be considered for a first interview. There were two interviews; First a Food Service/Retail/Hospitality Knowledge Interview and Second Personality Test. There is high turnover rate at the Barista position only 1% of all applicants get hired.

Interview Questions

• What is your favorite Starbucks Beverage? Do you drink mainly Coffee or Tea?   1 Answer
    • Describe to what is an example of a Good Barista. What does Great Service feel like?   1 Answer
    • Tell me something about yourself   1 Answer
    • What do you see yourself doing in the future? How can Starbucks help you with your goals?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Starbucks (Cambridge, MA) in October 2016.

Interview

I applied online and got a call about a week and a half later to come in for an in person interview. The interview was easy and calm. I was offered a drink and then sat down at a table with the manager for the interview. It was a pretty casual affair to be honest. Very standard questions. I left and got a call a few days later with an offer.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Starbucks?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Westwood, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Starbucks (Westwood, MA) in October 2016.

Interview

The store manager called me, we scheduled an interview. On the day I dressed business casual, she asked a series of questions related to customer service and my social personality.

Interview Questions

• Asked if I had experience with restaurants or cafes. If I was a people person, etc...   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Medway, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Starbucks (Medway, MA) in March 2016.

Interview

Very casual, basic interview. It just happened right in the centre of the shop with a cup of tea in hand. All of the typical questions were asked and many of the company policies and aspects of the company vision etc were discussed. It was largely focused on teamwork skills and accountability rather than any concern over whether or not I had any experience in the sort of work environment I would have should I be hired.

Interview Questions

• How would you describe your organisational skills?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Starbucks (Boston, MA) in February 2016.

Interview

The interview was very casual and comfortable. I was offered a free drink right when I arrived which was awesome. The interview itself took place at one of the regular customer tables. It was really like I was out to coffee with a friend. Once the interview was over, I was offered another free drink. The manager called me three days later and offered me the position.

Shift Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waltham, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Starbucks (Waltham, MA).

Interview

Although I applied for the shift supervisor position once I arrived I was told right away that I would not be considered for that position and would only be considered for a barista position. The explanation was my retail management experience was irrelevant since starbucks is such a superior company in terms of quality and customer service. She said it in a way that came across as rather insulting. And had I known I was not interviewing for the position I applied for I would have declined the interview. She really didn't ask many questions about me or my experience since she made it clear she didn't care about my experience. I was told that 90% of the job included cleaning and she emphasized that it was very "gross" work like "constantly scrubbing toilets". I have had friends who have worked as baristas and that was not how they described their jobs. Other than that she asked if I was ok with constantly receiving criticism stating that pointing out what your shortcomings are is the only way to improve. While I understand the need for constructive criticism the way she described their process seemed to only focus on the negative and never recognize anyone's achievements. At the end of the interview she asked for my birth date including the year. When I pointed out that it wasn't legal to ask for information on a persons age before hiring them she claimed that the application I filled out online gave consent to do so and that if I didn't I wouldn't be considered for the job. I was still waiting to hear back from another company at that point so I gave her my birth-date thinking if I absolutely had to I would work there. Luckily for me I got an offer for a store manager position at another company so when I got a call back with an offer for the barista position I not so politely turned it down and made sure to let her know that I was going to be a manager elsewhere.

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Starbucks (Boston, MA) in November 2015.

Interview

There were two interviews. First is usually with an assistant manager or shift manager, then a second with the store manager. The interviews weren't very long, no more than an hour, but more than 15 minutes. It takes place in the store, out on the cafe floor. Be yourself.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time when you helped another person, ran into an issue, etc.   Answer Question
    • Please sell me your favorite item (non-Starbucks).   Answer Question

Negotiation

n/a

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Starbucks (Boston, MA) in July 2015.

Interview

I applied online and the next day I got a call from a Starbucks hiring manager for an interview. It was the first time I got a job interview offer after applying to various places. The interview was pretty standard. The hiring manager asked me what I would do in certain situations, my availability, etc. Even though this was my first interview, the hiring manager made the interview seem like a conversation, though it lasted about 5-10 minutes only. Overall, the experience was positive; I doubt that I'll get the job offer, but I think the interview was good preparation for future job interviews.

Interview Questions

• If you saw another person slacking off, what would you do?   Answer Question