Starbucks Interview Questions in California | Glassdoor

2.3

517 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rowland Heights, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Starbucks (Rowland Heights, CA) in September 2017.

Interview

customer services questions. such as how to handle upset customers. how to balance work and life. not different questions but should answer good. any working experience about management and so on.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Yreka, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Starbucks (Yreka, CA) in August 2017.

Interview

Very straight forward, calm, stress free and welcoming environment. Interview took 3 people to ask a series of questions because they all ran the stores of the area. And it's best to know who you might fill on for.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle an unhappy customer that wasn't satisfied with their drink?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Huntington Beach, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Starbucks (Huntington Beach, CA) in August 2017.

Interview

Got there early. Was offered a free drink. About 5 minutes after the scheduled interview time the manager came out and started the interview.

Asked a lot of just basic questions, can't quite remember all of them. Not too hard, not too easy, just an average interview.

Anonymous Employee in Cupertino, CA

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Starbucks (Cupertino, CA) in August 2017.

Interview

I applied online, got the email to schedule an interview a few days later. Pretty easy interview and now I am waiting for the background check to be completed. Don't be nervous because it's not hard.

Anonymous Employee in Stockton, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Starbucks (Stockton, CA) in August 2017.

Interview

After applying online, I waited a few days and called the store. I asked to speak to the hiring manager. When I was put on with her, I told her my name, that I had applied, and asked if I could stop in briefly to drop off my resume and cover letter. She told me to stop in the next morning. I did so and was able to hand them to her in person. Later that same day I received a call from her to attend a job fair interview the next week.

The interview itself was very laidback and simple. The interviewer was very friendly. I was asked several questions. The ones I recall I will detail below. After the initial interview, I was told to wait outside for a bit and I would have a second interview. The second interview happened almost immediately. I was seen by another interviewer and that also was very easygoing.

The best tips I can give are to be genuine and show that you're a positive and passionate person. Starbucks values passion and authenticity.

Also, if they describe to you what happens after being hired and ask how soon you can start, you probably nailed it.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Starbucks (San Diego, CA).

Interview

Applied online, then went into the location I applied and asked to speak to the manager. I told her that I had applied and was interested in the position and she gave me an interview date.
    I came back a few days later and had the interview.
    I thought the interview went okay, although there was a drug arrest in the middle of it, but i didn't end up getting the position

Interview Questions

• What's a product you're passionate about? Try to sell it to me.   Answer Question
    • Do you food service/barista experience?   Answer Question
    • What would you do if you were asked to promote or sell a product you personally dislike to a customer?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Antioch, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Starbucks (Antioch, CA).

Interview

I have renewed my application three times now and I still haven't heard of them. I called 4 stores near me and they always say they're not hiring or their manager is not there or not available. Everytime I call the person on the other line are so mean (usually girls) when I asked they seemed rushing me. I Do understand that they might be busy but the disrespect I get from calling everytime made me not to continue applying. I start applying in January 2017 and It's July now :(

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Starbucks (Los Angeles, CA) in July 2017.

Interview

The interview was friendly, comfortable and personal. It lasted about 1 1/2 hours. There was a very specific portion when I was asked many behavioral-type questions: tell me about a time when ...., that related to how I would deal with a particular issue in a managerial role. There were about 8 questions of this type. It was a clear format to determine readiness for management of a store.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your past experiences developing direct reports.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Ventura, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Starbucks (Ventura, CA) in July 2017.

Interview

I received a call the day before asking about my flexibility, I responded with "very flexible", we scheduled an interview for the following day. The entire interview took around 1 hour. There was a 5-10 minute break in between 3 interviews. 1st interview was mostly reviewing the information I submitted online and them getting to know who I am as a person (ex. what my hobbies and skills are). 2nd interview consisted of being asked a lot of "tell me a time when you displayed team work", "tell me about a time you were forced to deal with an angry customer", type of questions. The interviewers were very friendly and patient. There was a point in the interview where I couldn't remember the question mid sentence but the employer was sweet enough to repeat the question. 3rd Interviewer was the one to offer me a job as a barista. I guess the third one wasn't much of an interview. I mostly signed a consent to a background check and they gave me instructions on what to do next. Overall a lovely experience :^)

Barista - Starbucks Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Starbucks (San Jose, CA) in July 2017.

Interview

They ask you multiple questions from a sheet of paper. They would give you scenarios and ask about you and then ask whether or not you have any questions. They would then finish the interview and shake your hand and that would be it.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if a customer was unsatisfied with their drink?   Answer Question