Starbucks Interview Questions in Canada | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 8, 2017

2.4

414 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Barista Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Starbucks.

Interview

I applied online and within a week got a call to set up an interviews. Typical interview process. I had two interviews at two different stores. Both took a maximum of ten minutes and got hired within a few day.

Barista - Starbucks Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Starbucks (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in December 2017.

Interview

It was a very nice experience. I was a bit nervous in the beginning but the barista who greeted me in the very beginning and the manager were all super nice people. He basically went through my resume and asked several questions about it, asked me to talk about my experiences and the difficulties I confronted. Then asked me about my goals and my visions in working at Starbucks, and then my availability and vacation plans. It was overall a very nice conversation and he told me that he would love to have me on his team! Yay!

Interview Questions

• What is the most difficult thing you’ve been through and how did you manage to solve it?   Answer Question
    • How to you envision yourself when working at Starbucks?   Answer Question
    • We have been talking a lot about customer service. Is there anything else that you would like to learn?   Answer Question

Barista Interview

Interview

Quick talk with district manager and will be decided which store manager will interview you. Then the store manager will ask you detailed questions and decide whether s/he will give you the offer. I went to a job fair in a Starbucks store, so usually they will tell you the result right away if they need labor urgently.

Barista Interview

Anonymous Employee in Whitby, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Starbucks (Whitby, ON (Canada)) in November 2017.

Interview

I just applied online on a Tuesday, received a call a week later to schedule an interview for the next day (Friday.) The store happened to be in the same area ( or plaza) that I used to work at. I knew the manager because he used to be a regular customer at the restaurant that I used to work for, so the interview was more of a conversation than anything else because he already knew me and knows how I work with dealing with customers. Anyways, we ended up talking about his work background, my work experience, then we just talked about what our plans for the weekend was. We talked about video games, and DC & Marvel Movies. It was my longest interview because we just went off topic and talked about whatever haha.

I was hired on the spot, and they just told me to complete my "paper work" online.

I would say: Just be yourself, make sure you know the company's background; they also don't expect you to know all the drinks because you will learn as you go. Don't be nervous because they just want to get to know you, and how you will fit with their barista team.

Baristar Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Starbucks (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in November 2017.

Interview

I applied on the starbucks online web site. And they called me two days later. I interviewed at Starbucks in Vancouver in November 2017. They asked me various questions. They asked me various questions.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Starbucks?   1 Answer

Barista Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Starbucks (Toronto, ON (Canada)).

Interview

The interview was quite brief and the manager was concerned more about availability as I'm a student. I wanted to be sure that I could get less hours during finals season.

Barista Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Starbucks.

Interview

I applied through their online job application then called the store two weeks later to speak to the hiring manager. I recommend calling in the store to follow up on the resume as she searched for mine and pulled it up for the first time while we were on the phone. Asked me a few simple interview questions on the spot.

Barista Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Starbucks (London, ON (Canada)) in October 2017.

Interview

The interview was scheduled at 3 pm, but I was told to wait for 15 min.
    They offered free coffee while waiting.
    It's more like a casual talk than an interview because of the setting. There's no special room for the interview.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work in Starbucks
      Is there a time you help your team achieve a goal
      Positive experience in chain store
      Connections with my own customers   Answer Question

Cashier/Barista Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Starbucks (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in September 2017.

Interview

Very friendly and includes a free drink! Lots of the typical customer service interview questions so come prepared. They will ask you quite a few situation-based questions regarding your past work experience. Overall a really good experience!

Interview Questions

• In your past experiences, was there a time that you didn't agree with a co-worker on something? How did you handle it?   Answer Question
    • In your past experiences, how did you handle dissatisfied customers?   Answer Question

Barista Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Starbucks (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in August 2017.

Interview

I went for a job fair for a new store they were building nearby. I approached the organizer of the event and she asked me a couple of questions about my resume, experience (especially customer service) and why Starbucks. Afterwards, they sent me over to another interviewer just to make sure I was a good fit for the company. Overall, I had a positive experience as the employees working were super accommodating even if it did get busy and the interviewers were very friendly as well. The interviewers were really easy-going so it was simple to stay calm during interviews and to be yourself.