Starbucks Interview Questions in Canada | Glassdoor

Starbucks Interview Questions in Canada

Updated May 19, 2017

2.5

Barista - Starbucks Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Starbucks (Ottawa, ON (Canada)) in May 2017.

Interview

Interview was relaxed and fairly straightforward. I applied to 21 locations online and received interviews from 4 of those locations. The four interviews I got were all obtained through an in person visit to the locations I applied to. Basically, you're much more likely to get offered an interview if you visit in person with your resume and cover letter, introduce yourself and speak to the hiring manager. If the manager is hiring at that particular time, you might just land an interview. Interestingly though, there were some issues regarding having more than one interview at a variety of locations (Starbucks does not allow a store to move forward with your application if you've had an interview with another Starbucks until you receive a reply from the location you interviewed at first). This caused some confusion that was ultimately resolved.

I completed two interviews before landing a job at one of the locations. One of them was nearly an hour in length, and the other approximately fifteen minutes. They both took place in the store, and you receive a free drink when you arrive.

The questions are mostly behavioural based questions. Just generally know stuff about the company as well, such as their mission statement.

Barista - Starbucks Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Starbucks (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in May 2017.

Interview

It was the most exiting interview I have experienced in so long, I think it made me see how much work can be put in to an interview.

Great interviews are made by great people who understand other by choosing the right questions and make the candidate to open up about it self more.

Interview Questions

• What is your customer service goal   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Starbucks (Toronto, ON (Canada)).

Interview

A brief phone call that asked me to arrange a date for an interview while throwing me a fast ball, why work at starbucks, why starbucks.

The interview was very quick but unsatisfying. Given random questions about related experience but not bothering to note anything while being asked. worst was that the manager said you'll be inform next week after all those they were interviewing were done.

took only 5 mins before i received an email saying you were rejected. I find that these store managers for the three starbucks in the area really know how to put on an act for the company. Not to mention the staff i see at this place are always the same, so it feels a bit unpleasing that starbucks even wastes peoples time and give them false hope.

Called back and was told the manager was on the floor atm, odd seeing how she said she was interviewing for another two hours... til 6...

Interview Questions

• Why starbucks?   Answer Question
    • Have you ever had any experience with dealing with a complaint?   Answer Question
    • How well do you work with others, tell me of a time you disagreed and how it turned out/   Answer Question

Barista Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Starbucks (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in March 2017.

Interview

Job Fair
    Meet 2 interviewers
    Be hired at that spot
    There were 6 interviewers who came from their store.
    They checked and hired employees on the spot.
    The store didn't give free drink, only seats.
    Each seat has 2 chairs and had an interview with manager 1 by 1.

Interview Questions

• #1. Why Starbucks?
      #2. Tell me about your customer experience that you have given
      #3. Tell me about Starbucks mission, heritage
      #4. Any question?
      1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Starbucks (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in March 2017.

Interview

applied online, took about a month to get a call for an interview.
    I did not get any drink when they asked
    all the interview question was about describing your previous work experiences.

Interview Questions

• - tell about yourself
      - tell an experience when you had a bad customer service
      - tell the time when you worked as a team and what you achieved
      - what did you do when you see your coworker was doing something wrong
      Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Starbucks (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in March 2017.

Interview

The interview was really casual, more like a conversation. It was really personality-based, rather than merits, they really want to get to know the person. We only briefly looked at my previous experience or education, and I talked a little bit about my experience but that was about it. He was really interested in my thoughts on Starbucks, and encouraged me to ask as many questions as possible about it.

Barista Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Starbucks.

Interview

It took me a few weeks to be contacted but once I was contacted the process took about a week with 2 interviews, first with the store manager and second with the assistant manager. The first interview was almost more about the manager trying to sell the job to ME instead of me trying to sell myself for the job, which took off a lot of pressure. The second interview was more about me selling my skills and experience, but it was also very casual, more like a conversation than an interview. Showing how personable you can be seems to be the most important thing when applying for this position.

Interview Questions

• Why Starbucks?   1 Answer
    • What is something that you've done recently to improve yourself?   1 Answer

Barista Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Starbucks.

Interview

Very thorough, the interviewer made me feel very welcome and was easy to talk to. Answered all of my questions readily and offered me a free drink at the beginning of the interview

Interview Questions

• Describe one time you were able to resolve a conflict at work   Answer Question

Barista Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Starbucks (Toronto, ON (Canada)).

Interview

The store manager asked a lot of questions, more focused on the individual instead of skills. More people focused, so you be prepared to talk about who you are, rather than the job. Also, they do double interviews - thus, be prepared to be interview twice at another store.

Barista Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Starbucks.

Interview

Interview took a little over 15-20 minutes. Sat nearby the available tables and questions were asked based off preset list. Mostly behavioural questions were asked, starting first based off information available from resume before going into detail with questions from the hiring manager. Questions and concerns were saved for last.

Interview Questions

• Name a skill from your previous employment you can bring with towards working at Starbucks?   Answer Question