Starbucks Interview Questions in Chicago, IL | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 23, 2017

2.3

Starbucks Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Starbucks (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Open ended questions. S T A R interview process. Situation, Task, Action, Results. Phone interview, 2 person panel that interview you. They stick to the script. Call back 2nd interview. Offer drug screen and background checks.

Interview Questions

• How do you delegate, what kind of coworkers do you like to work with. Tell me about a time you had to make a tough decision.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Starbucks (Chicago, IL) in October 2016.

Interview

When I came into the store I walked up as if I were going to order and told the baristas I was meeting with the manager. I got a free drink and waited a little bit for the manager to come out. The interview was very casual. We talked about my pervious customer service experience. I interviewed on a Tuesday and heard back Friday. Background check came back the following Friday and I started working Monday.

Anonymous Employee in Round Lake, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Starbucks (Round Lake, IL).

Interview

Small phone interview first! Asks why we want to work for Starbucks. Then will set up the initial interview. First walked in, baristas will offer you a free drink while we wait for the interview manager. The manager was very nice and made me feel very comfortable.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Starbucks?
      Do you know anything about coffee?
      Strengths/Weaknesses?
      Can you multi-task?
      Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Starbucks (Chicago, IL) in May 2016.

Interview

I applied online and got a call to schedule an in person interview within about a week. At the store they offered me a drink on the house, which you should definitely accept. The interview was pretty simple and was mostly related to customer service. Overall it was a good experience.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you were given good customer service.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Starbucks (Chicago, IL) in May 2016.

Interview

The interview process is just like any other interview. I applied for a position online and was called by the store manager for a phone interview. After the phone interview I was called in for an in person interview. The only difference is that they offer you a free beverage while you wait. The interview was between the store manager and I and were the typical questions asked. I received the position on the spot and was given a start date after a background check was conducted.

Interview Questions

• Why Starbucks?

Tell of a time you had to work with someone as a team?
      Answer Question

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Schaumburg, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Starbucks (Schaumburg, IL) in March 2016.

Interview

I was interviewed as an internal hire. I had to complete a Personal Development Plan and work with my Store Manager to improve on areas that I identified as needing improvement. I had multiple check ins with my DM and SM to discuss my development of these areas of improvement. When my DM saw enough improvement, I was sent to panel in front of other DM's in the area that did not know me. The interview lasted about 45 minutes. They asked me questions and I gave them answers in the format of "stories" that showed how I worked through issues, solved them, and how I coached my team. The DM's asked a lot of follow up questions as well.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had difficulty working with someone. How did you improve that relationship?   Answer Question

Barista - Starbucks Interview

Anonymous Employee in Naperville, IL

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Starbucks (Naperville, IL).

Interview

Interview was an hour long. The interview questions were very basic-what you would be asked at a majority of jobs. They asked a lot of scenario questions. The good thing is that I had a response from the manager a few days later!

Interview Questions

• Can you give me a time that you went above and beyond what was expected of you?   Answer Question

Barista - Starbucks Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Starbucks (Chicago, IL) in November 2015.

Interview

Took about an hour. Manager was very nice. Good overall experience. I liked her immediately. She sold me on the job. I wanted to work there after meeting her.she did a very good job describing the company's mission statement as well as what would be required of me. She explained the hiring process. I had to take an on line course in food worker sanitation to become certified.

Interview Questions

• My retail sales experience. How familiar am I with Starbucks? Like who isn't?   1 Answer
    • What was my availabilit?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation. I was told everyone starts out the same salary

Anonymous Employee in West Dundee, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Starbucks (West Dundee, IL).

Interview

I had a conversation in the cafe with the store manager for about 30 minutes and he asked me about my past history off resume and asked what hours I would be able to work. It was pretty low key, very friendly, another barista came up and offered me a drink while I waited for him to arrive.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Starbucks (Chicago, IL) in October 2015.

Interview

Online submission of interview form. Followed up with a call a week later and was told to come in. Sat down for about 30 minutes and after the conversation was told I was hired.