Starbucks Interview Questions in Colorado | Glassdoor

Starbucks Interview Questions in Colorado

Updated Apr 24, 2017

2.4

Anonymous Employee in Golden, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Starbucks (Golden, CO).

Interview

Very quick and very easy interview. Wasn't asked many questions and more just talked with the hiring manager. Staff was friendly when I arrived and offered me a free drink.

Interview Questions

• How do you work under high intensity situations   1 Answer

Cashier/Barista Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Starbucks (Denver, CO) in February 2017.

Interview

Applying was fairly easy and the manager reached out to me right away. After the interview, I wasn't notified whether I was hired or not until I called to check in myself. The manager had problems with my availability, so I opened up some days upon her request. She said she will give me a call back once the background check goes through and we can discuss scheduling. I haven't heard from her for about two weeks and then I decided to call myself. She apologized and said that my availability doesn't work for her and changed her mind about hiring me.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation in which you approached an authority about an issue in their managing   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Starbucks (Denver, CO) in January 2017.

Interview

I called to see if they were hiring and asked if opening shift was available. It was. They scheduled me an interview for two days later. Short interview, very casual. Offered a job on the spot.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Starbucks (Denver, CO).

Interview

It took 15 minutes, they offered me a drink, and asked fairly simple questions. The hiring manager was very nice, and made me feel comfortable. I think the most important thing in the interview was to show personality and past experience.

Interview Questions

• What is your experience with customer service, and what have you learned from it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Starbucks (Denver, CO) in June 2016.

Interview

Called in after applying online. Typical interview guided by a worksheet. Know how to answer basic customer service q's and you'll be the neighborhoods next anxiety sponge as people stare at you and tap their fingers waiting for their legal-drug. You're a drug dealer now kid.

Interview Questions

• Describe one time you dealt with an unhappy customer and how you fixed the situation   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Starbucks (Denver, CO) in May 2016.

Interview

I applied to multiple store in my city and 2 weeks later they called me for an interview. Don't wait this long for them to call you. You should call in a few days to follow up on you application (so they know who you are & that you're interested? Came in for the interview & offered me a drink. I interviewed with the store manager & another one from a different store. Interview questions were a little difficult. They want to hear examples of how you handled situations. I got hired 5 days after my interviewed. They interviewed 20 people and hired 2. Key to get hired is knowing a partner! (Getting refered)

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of a time where your coworker criticized your work & how did you handle it?   Answer Question
    • Example of a difficult customer & how did you handle it.   Answer Question
    • Example you were appreciated for doing a good job.   Answer Question

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Starbucks (Denver, CO) in January 2016.

Interview

I applied online and shortly after was invited to do the "day in a life" virtual job try out. The process is detailed and pulls from previous experience. It takes about 30 minutes. Within a few days I received an email for a phone screen. The phone screen itself was with a very friendly and professional recruiter. She mainly asked questions about my past experience and job functions. She contacted me a few days later for an interview. The interview was in a store, with 2 district managers. Both were very kind and welcoming. They asked 4 experience based questions total with a few follow-up questions. Every step of this felt casual. I felt relaxed within minutes of the interview.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to sacrifice customer service for business needs.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Littleton, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Starbucks (Littleton, CO) in November 2015.

Interview

This is my second time being interviewed with Starbucks: 1st time, I declined the offer.

I met with the GM, who was really pleasant. She established how she was looking to build up her crew, and I was very eager explaining my own prior experience working in coffee for over a year. After an hour passed, she informed me that a second interview was mandatory. She called me another day to schedule, which was set about an hour from her calling, and had to reschedule.

The second interview, I did unfortunately arrive 10 minutes late. I am new to the area, so I did not have the stores number, consider there are probably 30 Starbucks locations around where I stay. She immediately asked 3 questions, asked if I had any of my own, and then I asked if there was anything about my interview I could improve. She simply stated she couldn't say anything about my interview, and mentioned how I was late; which I apologized for. I figured from that second interview, the lady did not particularly like me, even though my concerns were more with the first GM, since she was the one hiring me.

The only thing of inconvenience was that my second interview's location was 30 minutes away from where I live. I felt like there were plenty of Starbucks closer to where I was, that it would have been easier for me.

Interview Questions

• Could you describe a time where you received good/bad customer service?   Answer Question
    • How would you handle an upset customer?   Answer Question
    • If a coworker was doing something out of order, would you correct them?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Highlands Ranch, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Starbucks (Highlands Ranch, CO) in November 2015.

Interview

I met with the "temporary" store manager and she asked basic questions about my work history. I then had to drive 20 miles to another store for a second interview with an unrelated store manager. They were both very interested in why someone with a college degree would want this position. I was offered the position the same day.

Anonymous Employee in Boulder, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Starbucks (Boulder, CO) in October 2015.

Interview

There were two interview at two different locations. The second one was a lengthy interview that I wasn't quite prepared for. I ended up doing some training during the interview. They asked a lot of personality questions and I felt like I needed to answer quickly with lighthearted positive answers and to try and be flexible and open-minded.

Interview Questions

• They asked me to sell them something on the spot - anything of my choice. I was not prepared for that since I just thought I was going to be making coffee.   1 Answer