Starbucks Interview Questions in Colorado | Glassdoor

Starbucks Interview Questions in Colorado

10 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Starbucks (Denver, CO).

Interview

It took 15 minutes, they offered me a drink, and asked fairly simple questions. The hiring manager was very nice, and made me feel comfortable. I think the most important thing in the interview was to show personality and past experience.

Interview Questions

• What is your experience with customer service, and what have you learned from it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Littleton, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Starbucks (Littleton, CO) in November 2015.

Interview

This is my second time being interviewed with Starbucks: 1st time, I declined the offer.

I met with the GM, who was really pleasant. She established how she was looking to build up her crew, and I was very eager explaining my own prior experience working in coffee for over a year. After an hour passed, she informed me that a second interview was mandatory. She called me another day to schedule, which was set about an hour from her calling, and had to reschedule.

The second interview, I did unfortunately arrive 10 minutes late. I am new to the area, so I did not have the stores number, consider there are probably 30 Starbucks locations around where I stay. She immediately asked 3 questions, asked if I had any of my own, and then I asked if there was anything about my interview I could improve. She simply stated she couldn't say anything about my interview, and mentioned how I was late; which I apologized for. I figured from that second interview, the lady did not particularly like me, even though my concerns were more with the first GM, since she was the one hiring me.

The only thing of inconvenience was that my second interview's location was 30 minutes away from where I live. I felt like there were plenty of Starbucks closer to where I was, that it would have been easier for me.

Interview Questions

• Could you describe a time where you received good/bad customer service?   Answer Question
    • How would you handle an upset customer?   Answer Question
    • If a coworker was doing something out of order, would you correct them?   Answer Question

Senior Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Starbucks (Denver, CO) in August 2015.

Interview

I applied online then sent an inmail to the Recruiter via LinkedIn. Did standard phone interview with the Recruiter who then scheduled a live interview with a Region Manager and HR Director. One week later received invitation to interview with two more Region Managers by telephone. Lost out to an internal candidate. I was bummed - I really liked the company and leadership.

Interview Questions

• Standard interview questions with a lot of focus on projects and communications. Be prepared to share your successes. In hindsight, I don't think I talked myself up enough. Lesson learned.   Answer Question

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenwood Village, CO

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Starbucks (Greenwood Village, CO).

Interview

As an internal hire the process for this interview starts with your SM and DM they will decide if you are ready to go to the next round after sitting down and talking with you and reviewing everything that they have had you do to "develop". Once cleared to go on to the formal interview you will interview with three district managers or current store managers. The process takes an hour and is comprised of 5 extended response questions, that you as an internal promote should already be familiar with as they are based on the core competencies of the supervisor role.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you received unsolicited feedback about your work?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Starbucks (Denver, CO) in May 2014.

Interview

First step was an incredibly indepth interactive screening and assessment process, where candidates are given scenarios in which their reactions are elicited. There are P&L exercises that if without any prior knowledge or experience going in, you will be challenged - this portion was also timed. Next was a 45 minute phone interview with a company recruiter (who was late to the call). Interview heavily predicated on past experience and detailed questions regarding P&L. No questions asked regarding specific training or scenarios or skill set beyond P&L. Zero discussion of culture. Recruiter intimated that internal competition for available position was fierce and that outside candidates are more often than not, relegated to a lesser role in favor of internal hires, and that candidates had to be flexible in that regard. From there she proceeded to badger and lowball me on salary. Basically the recruiter did her best to talk me out of the position, and with that, I declined to finish the interview.

Interview Questions

• "If you arent able to master our business within 8 weeks of training, will you consider and assistant position?"   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Starbucks (Denver, CO) in September 2013.

Interview

The interview day saw more applicants than the interviewing managers initially expected. That was confirmed by the person interviewing me.

It was mostly behavioral questions. A time when you encountered a problem. A time when you worked with or lead a team successfully.

Barista - Starbucks Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Longmont, CO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Starbucks (Longmont, CO) in May 2013.

Interview

I had already been interviewed at a previous Starbucks and had not heard back from the manager that had interviewed me. I had a family friend that worked as the District Manager for that district and he encouraged me to walk into another Starbucks just to introduce myself. After introducing myself to the manager, they sat me down at a table and proceeded to ask me an assortment of questions that led into interview style questions. Once they had finished asking me questions, they began to discuss pay and told me more information about what would be required of me if I was hired and let me know that I would hear back from them in a few days. Within a few days, I had received the call telling me that I was hired.

Interview Questions

• Q: What situation have you encountered in life where you dealt with a conflict?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westminster, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Starbucks (Westminster, CO) in January 2013.

Interview

I filled out an application online and submitted it to as many nearby locations as it would allow. Happened to stop in with my grandma one night and asked the shift manager if they were hiring. She said they had two open positions and gave me the manager's card. I called the next day, she wasn't in. Called again and still could not reach the manager. I sent her an email as well. Called AGAIN a few days later and got a hold of the assistant manager who said they would be reviewing applications that day. FINALLY later that night the store manager called and set up an interview. She started off by asking me to tell her about myself and why I want to work for Starbucks (have a REALLY good reason why you want to work here. I didn't other than paychecks and tuition reimbursement.) The questions weren't hard but they made me very nervous, asked scenario questions like "tell me about a time you treated a coworker with fairness even though they didn't to you" and "tell me about a time you received unexpected criticism on your work." As I answered they just jotted down notes on their papers and looked like they were totally judging me. The last thing she asked was if I had any questions for her, which I didn't. She said she would get back to me by Wednesday, but of course, no call. Finally one day after I stopped caring about the job the assistant manager called and said they were going to move forward with other candidates. My advice to you is to be totally enthusiastic, focused on the interview, and act like you REALLY want this job! Have good reasons why you want it and make sure to emphasize on good customer service because this job is customer service. I'm glad I didn't get the job because I really didn't want to work for the two snobs who interviewed me. However, I did get a lot of compliments from employees and customers and a free drink out of it!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Starbucks (Denver, CO) in March 2010.

Interview

Asked why I wanted to work there, my views on customer service, etc.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Starbucks (Denver, CO) in January 2010.

Interview

I applied online which consisted of taking a personality test and situational skills test including a math test involving P and L statement. I was contacted via emaiI 10 days later by a recruiter who wanted me to come to an invite only hiring event. The event was 10 days later. I interviewed with a district manager for about 20 minutes. Then I was passed to a team of two district managers and the interview lasted probably 45 minutes. While the questions were read to me off of a script (this is common, insures that all candidates are treated fairly) they weren't that tough, and were situational. I found myself expanding their questions and my answers, and asking them lots of questions. They were friendly. But I knew they were tired and had been doing this all day. I had to ask what the next step would be. They said I would hear from the recruiter in a few days. Four days later I got a call from another district manager who wanted to interview me the next week. The district manager interviewed me in a Starbucks store. Loud and crowded. We chatted for an hour. Again, situational questions. Interview went well until the end. I had read from other reviews what the job entailed, but wanted to confirm in person. So I asked. "The job entails 4 days of being a barista, and one day of admin work." was the answer. I must have blinked my disappointment. Through the course of the interview I found out that all decisions were made by corporate and basically by the end realized the manager position didn't involve much in the way of creativity or decision making. Having come from a management background for a larger retailer, I was surprised that the lack of responsibility assigned to a store manager was so well paid. I have never managed from an office so being on the floor the entire time is nothing new. Guess I was just turned off by what I perceived to be a job with little freedom and no real vehicle to use my skills. I was told after the interview that I would hear back from the recruiter by the end of the week. 9 days later I got the call that I did not get the position. But they really appreciated all of my experience. So I would say that they are looking for someone who has less experience and who is more easily lead. Nothing wrong with that. In fact a great step on the road to management. Good Luck!
    Entire process: 37 days