Starbucks District Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Starbucks District Manager Interview Questions

Updated Jan 26, 2017

3.3

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Starbucks (Washington, DC) in October 2016.

Interview

I have more than 6 years experience in customer service/retail and when I looked at the job description to the DM position seems a good fit since them want either 3 years of experience or a degree in business administration and I have both but it looks the competition is high and they left me a voicemail after a week from the phone interview saying they decided to move on with another candidate.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Starbucks

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Starbucks (Oklahoma City, OK) in October 2016.

Interview

I was contacted by a Starbucks talent recruiter. Spent an hour with her over the phone who then handed me off to a Starbucks recruiter. She had another person set up another phone interview with a regional manager just above the position I was interviewing for. All this over several week period. Finally the day arrived, I'm ready for every conceivable ,question. the manager called and I immediately knew this was different. It was hello, so tell me a time you did...... no pleasantries how are you, etc. very dry and indeferrent interview. Now I realize this person is just going thru the motions-I've interviewed hundreds of people and I quickly realized that they already know who they are hiring and she is just doing the interview to get it over. I've been there as well and rushed thru the same for applicants for my company. 25 minutes and it's over. I get a call from the recruiter said they hired an internal candidate. The thing is I was truly excited to learn as much about the company as I did and reall though that the company mission statement matched very well with my own values. Disappointed but hopefully another opportunity will come to me.

Interview Questions

• Questions were situational. Wanted to know what public service I did outside work. Since most of that type of volunteer work is thru my current job I don't think she liked my answer. But most were tell me about a time where you did this or that. Not a lot of questions about actually running a business.   Answer Question

District Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Starbucks.

Interview

Online process was as expected. Personality, P&L questionnaire, pretty standard. Recruiter already had an internal candidate that had been offered the position and as a result was only really going through the motions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Starbucks (New York, NY) in August 2016.

Interview

multiple interviews with HR, and other leaders.. phone interview, meeting with panel, on site job review, another phone interview, another panel meeting.. the process is very long and confusing .. not sure if that was the case with me but it felt like they were very slow on the hiring process

District Manager Interview

Interview

I applied for the role once and immediately received email that they were impressed with my experience but that they had not selected me to move forward with the interview process. A couple of weeks later I applied again for the same role. This time I received an email inviting me to do the virtual interview online. I did so and felt pretty confident that I would at least receive a phone call. I have over 10 years experience with multi unit management, profit, sales and customer service awards and a brand new B.S. In Business Management. I am not sure what you have to do to get a chance to meet face to face.

District Manager Interview

Interview

Very pleasant. Invited to take a online survey- basic questions about leadership style and questions about a P&L. Received a invite to chat with a recruiter. Mostly questions about myself and why i wanted to work for Starbucks. 2nd conversation scheduled with recruiter. This time it was interview questions, STAR based. Scheduled to speak with regional manager. Again Star based Questions. Scheduled to speak with a Regional HR- itI seemed like a rubber stamp interview. Waited for background check- offered position

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Recruiter asked about salary requirements in the first interview.

District Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Starbucks in July 2015.

Interview

Recruiter Contact through Email, Online assessment, recruiter phone call, recruiter interview with STAR based questions. Set up an interview with Regional in person with two others on speaker phone. Unfortunately they weren't prepared in the facility they chose and it was very hard to understand the questions from the other panel members due to cell phone. I constantly had to re-ask the question, ask for clarification and sometimes look a the person in front of me with an I don't understand or did you hear the question.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time when you helped someone develop their leadership skills.   Answer Question

District Manager Interview

Interview

First it was a phone interview, pretty basic and simple. Then i had a interview with two area managers inside a StarBucks. Very lad back they where very friendly and put me at ease. They give you a free drink. You also do a coffee tasting. I didnt know much about coffee at the time and I let them know that and they started teaching me right away. So you do learn a little in the interview.

Interview Questions

• It is very hands on. You will be making coffee.   1 Answer

Negotiation

very easy to handle all around.

District Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Starbucks.

Interview

Multiple interviews while going through screening. All interview Questions are behavioral based. All questions will start with "tell me about a time". Interview will be with recruiting, HR, and finally operations.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that you received unsolicited feedback?   Answer Question

District Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at Starbucks.

Interview

one interview with the regional director and one phone interview with the Regional Vice President; very comfortable process. I was an internal candidate so my District Manager at the time helped prep me quite well. For external candidates, it can be difficult as there is typically a panel interview via phone first.

Interview Questions

• Behavioral interview process, (Situation, Action, Result, Interesting Fact)   Answer Question