Starbucks District Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Starbucks District Manager Interview Questions

Interviews at Starbucks

3.3

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Starbucks (Madison, WI) in January 2009.

Interview

Very lengthy and poor communication between interviews. no follow up calls or emails. you are left wondering. I guess the company was going thru some restructure...but how was i suppose to know that the first one who interviewed me wasnt there any more..

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Starbucks

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Starbucks (Chicago, IL) in March 2007.

Interview

The interview process was quite long. I started interviewing in December and completed my final interview in March. I completed a phone screening with a recruiter, phone interview with the hiring manager, phone interview with the hiring manager's boss, another phone interview with the hiring manager, in person panel interview with 10 people, then I received an offer 1 week later.

All of the interview questions are behavioral interview style. For an example...Tell me about a time when you had to implement a new procedure or product and received resistance from your team. What happened and how did you overcome the obstacles?

I would recommend that you remain confident during your interview process and focus on your passion for helping people become successful and succession planning. I would also recommend you focus on being customer focused and have examples.

The Starbucks culture is laid back, people oriented, and all about being in the moment and ensuring that you and your entire team is successful. Cozy, yet warm culture.

Interview Questions

• You are presented with a case study and have to develop a full solution to the problem on the spot. An example is convince a department that you truly have a need to purchase additional equipment that cost $25k for your locations.   Answer Question

Negotiation

You are definitely able to negotiate your salary package.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Rosa, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Starbucks (Santa Rosa, CA) in April 2012.

Interview

it was super

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Starbucks (Seattle, WA) in February 2012.

Interview

Online "test" takes one hour. Personality questions with lots of duplicates to verify you are consistent. Many questions to test your style.

There is one section in which you are given a P/L for 5 stores and asked many questions such as which store needs to improve x the most. You need to calculate percentages of growth for each. Be careful as the columns are not aligned typically. You are most likely to look at the far right, but the current year is in the middle!

District Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Starbucks in February 2013.

Interview

I submitted my resume on line and was called by the recruiter about 2 wks later. I had a phone interview that was situational based which lasted about 30 minutes. The recruiter then gave details about the type of person they were looking for. I was asked to attend a face to face interview the following week. I arrived at a starbucks and was interviewed in a conference room by the Regional Director. The interview was again situational based and lasted over an hour. I was told to expect a followup call the following week.

Interview Questions

• The questions were not difficult but be prepared to give examples of customer service, handling difficult employees and how do you motivate your team..etc.   Answer Question

I was offered a lesser role to gain more experience with the company with an expectation of a future DM position. Declined as this is was not the position that I interviewed for.

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Starbucks (Seattle, WA).

Interview

Excessive number of interviews. More than ten in total over the course of 4-5 months.

Negotiation

Very small range for salary counter offer. No relocation assistance. Good follow up and immersion program after getting through the large number of interviews.

District Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Starbucks.

Interview

Phone screen, online job test, interview with rd, interview with RVP, situational interview questions, star interview format, focus on the competences such as leadership, teamwork, developing people, customer service and having business acumen

District Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Starbucks.

Interview

Apply online and interview with 2 Regional Directors. Be prepared to answer behavioral-based interview questions. The process takes about 1.5 hours for the interview, and some additional time before with the recruiter.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a project you were involved in that was failing to meet its objectives.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reno, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Starbucks (Reno, NV) in April 2014.

Interview

I applied on line and did not hear anything for over a month, then I was called and a phone interview was conducted for about 1 hour. The standard behavioral questions were asked and then I was told I was going to meet with Regional Managers for a in person interview. Everyone I met with and over the phone were super nice, very pleasant and overall a good experience.

District Manager Interview

Interview

First it was a phone interview, pretty basic and simple. Then i had a interview with two area managers inside a StarBucks. Very lad back they where very friendly and put me at ease. They give you a free drink. You also do a coffee tasting. I didnt know much about coffee at the time and I let them know that and they started teaching me right away. So you do learn a little in the interview.

Interview Questions

• It is very hands on. You will be making coffee.   1 Answer

Negotiation

very easy to handle all around.