Starbucks Interview Questions in Hawaii | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 27, 2017

1.9

10 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Kapolei, HI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Starbucks (Kapolei, HI) in July 2017.

Interview

Before the interview: Applied online. Called the store, was offered an interview 3 days later.

Interview: As I walked in, I presented myself to the counter and told the barista that I had an interview. The manager interview to you then offered me a drink, I got a tall iced coffee. About half an hour later I was interviewed. She asked me a bunch of questions, then invited me back for a second interview with another manager.

Second interview: I was much more comfortable, we were talking outside bc the store was very crowded. He asked me the same questions as the first interview.

About a week later I was offered the job. Currently going through their background check.

It was overall a good experience.

Interview Questions

• Why Starbucks?   Answer Question
    • At Starbucks we Focus on customer connection, tell me how you will do that for us?   Answer Question
    • Tell me a time where you suggested something to your previous supervisor?   Answer Question
    • Tell us a time where you handled a difficult customer   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Honolulu, HI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Starbucks (Honolulu, HI) in July 2016.

Interview

Met at one of the Starbucks location and I think there were 3-4 managers (?). It was a group interview of about 5 people who applied and we answered questions whenever we could. It was pretty lax and was a great experience. Nice for a first time job searcher to ease yourself (Had too many interviews so it was a nice change lol).

I had the interview that day and as I was riding the bus home (not even 10minutes later), I got a call back saying that I was hired. xD

Awesome experience and I ain't leaving this awesome home!

Barista - Starbucks Interview

Anonymous Employee in Honolulu, HI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Starbucks (Honolulu, HI).

Interview

In person group interview with three store managers from different stores at the mall. Got notified within 2 days via email that I was hired. A few of them are still in high school and they seemed like they didn't understand interview questions but the store managers were nice and explained/reworded the interview questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Honolulu, HI

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Starbucks (Honolulu, HI) in June 2015.

Interview

It was pretty casual, probably because it took place in the middle of the mall. It was simple questions, which I assume because they are just trying to get to know you better. The questions were not harder than your typical interview. I would apply here and again if I was looking for a job. The person conducting the interview was very friendly and made the interview less painful than others that I have experienced.

Shift Supervisor and Barista Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Honolulu, HI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Starbucks (Honolulu, HI) in October 2013.

Interview

I applied online, they didn't get back to me for two weeks. I walked in with a friend one day and I happened to have a resume on hand so I gave it to one of the baristas working at the time. She was very friendly and just, overall, very happy that I did. They needed a Shift Supervisor who was able to open the shop at 3-4 in the morning, for which suited my availability. She told me to apply online again, which gave me hope that I would get the job. So I followed her instructions and I got a call back within 2 days. It was the manager that called me and told me that she wanted to set up an interview on Sunday. I walked in on Sunday, ready for the interview, when the staff told me that she wasn't there at the time. So, despite everything, they gave me a free drink just to show their appreciation for all the trouble that I went through which was nothing at all. She called me again, apologized and told me that she wanted to interview me again on Tuesday. I agreed and we both met up at the store on Tuesday. The interview was awesome. I was calm, maybe it was the smell of coffee that kept me composed and relaxed. After all, I did receive another free drink. She was so ecstatic about me signing on for the company that she immediately scheduled an interview on that very same day with another store manager. I shook her hand and fled to my second interview.

The mini Starbucks at the mall appeared to be extremely busy so I waited patiently after I told the baristas that I was scheduled for an interview. I waited for 45 minutes until the store manager decided to show his face. Since there were no free tables, we went up the escalator to the outdoor parking lot which was pouring by the way. He had what seemed like a visible birth mark on his left/right side cheek (I can't remember) but it didn't really matter. That's when the questions came. I answered honestly and to the best of my ability. I felt like I did incredibly well. He asked me about my parents, about why I moved back in forth (I have multiple guardians, I have no criminal records or did not involve myself in drugs and alcohol for which I am glad. Clean Slate), etc. Questions that weren't job related. I shook his hand and went back into the mall. On the escalator going down, I looked back and saw that he pulled out his electronic cigarette to take a smoke break which made me think that he went up there only to puff on his cigarette...45 minutes of wait and 5 minutes of questions-galore.

I didn't hear back from them for one full week. I decided to approach the manager at the store that I was applying for (which was not at the mall) and I was surprised to see the same barista that told me to reapply online, it was a cool connection that we shared because I felt like I was more comfortable talking to her. She told me that the second interviewer didn't like me because of my history (?). Like what does that mean? Just because I move around a lot and lived with multiple guardians doesn't mean that I did anything wrong? It was just the circumstances of my situation. He said that he hired somebody like me and with my kind of a background but the previous employee that he hired committed suicide by overdose. Was he accusing me of overdosing in the future? Which then it clicked in my head, the second store manager never did care about his interviewing me. All he wanted was to rush the interview, blow me up with questions, rush me out and smoke his cigarette. I didn't even want to apply for that Starbucks anyways, it's not like he was hiring me to work at his store. I was so frustrated with that whole situation. It made me want to blurt out to him, "Yeah! You know what, if I have to deal with people like you, I will overdose and die just like how you predicted!"

Interview Questions

• How will you help the Company?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Honolulu, HI

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Starbucks (Honolulu, HI) in January 2013.

Interview

I was asked about my barista experience. I was also asked to state my strengths and weaknesses and why I was interested in working at Starbucks. The interview process was very casual. I felt at ease with my interviewer who would later become my shift manager.

Interview Questions

• How well do you work under pressure.   1 Answer

Shift Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Honolulu, HI

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Starbucks (Honolulu, HI) in July 2012.

Interview

I was offered a beverage while the manager gathered materials for the interview. The manager at that location at the time of my interview made several sexual insinuations regarding how much tips I would earn if I started. Had me practice lift boxes just to verify that I could lift large boxes, likely due to my smaller size.

Interview Questions

• What are my goals in the next five years?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Honolulu, HI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Starbucks (Honolulu, HI) in February 2012.

Interview

The interview was a pretty basic interview. Standard questions were asked of me and it went how you would expect. Some one called and I showed up at the store to meet the store manager. I dressed casually and it was normal to do so. It was a very casual conversation and it felt like I was talking to a friend.

Interview Questions

• Do you like to interact with people?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Honolulu, HI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Starbucks (Honolulu, HI) in January 2010.

Interview

Walked in on Tuesday with paper application. Got a call two hours later asking to schedule an interview. Friday worked best for both myself and the Store Manager. Was Invited to return for second interview with Assistant Manager on Saturday. Was offered job on the spot.

I am a former Starbucks employee and perhaps that contributed to the quick application process.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate my salary (which will be higher now than it was when I left the company two years ago). I will be able to negotiate my schedule/availability on a weekly basis.

Anonymous Employee in Kailua, HI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Starbucks (Kailua, HI) in January 2010.

Interview

I received a call and was interviewd the next day.