Starbucks Interview Questions in Houston, TX | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 13, 2017

2.1

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Starbucks (Houston, TX) in March 2017.

Interview

They called me too set up a phone interview . No one never called me so I called and left a voice / email. The person is 10 min late too the phone interview .

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Starbucks (Houston, TX) in January 2017.

Interview

The manager welcomed me warmly and sat down with me while looking the resume I had submitted, asking a few questions about myself and the reason I chose this specific company and this job. We then chatted some more and he told me they are going to run a background check on me.

Business Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Starbucks (Houston, TX) in November 2016.

Interview

Mostly ridiculous "situational" questions that do not apply to the job! There were several questions.. that were inappropriate and not necessary as well. Also, do not get a current BDM to conduct an interview. I think 5+ interviews is a bit much for this position and after 5 interviews I still did not know what a "day in the life" looked like!

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Starbucks (Houston, TX) in July 2016.

Interview

Applied directly through their website, which also supplies interview tips. I was contacted by a recruiter, who scheduled a 30-minute interview over the phone. The interview was much like what you will experience with the manager(s), asking questions about your past employment that you specifically mentioned on your resume. The conversation was pleasant and positive, but there were some challenges in the situational questioning as expected. After the phone conversation, she contacted a regional manager to see if there was a location available that was closer to where I lived, and scheduled an interview with the regional manager at the location where I was to train/manage.

I did my research on SBUX (mission statement, values, stock performance, history) and its competition to show that I really cared about the company and its success. I arrived 15 minutes early, dressed in business professional (suit/tie) with 2 copies of my resume on quality paper that I kept in a folio. From my research, I knew to wait for the interviewer to arrive to get coffee, as it would be part of the conversation. He arrived on-time and pulled out a laptop to take notes and review my resume (nobody appreciates good paper anymore), and the interview was very personable and relaxed. We already had a lot in common since we were both veterans, and we related a lot of those experiences to managing a retail store and personnel. We spoke at length about where I had lived, who/what I managed, and he asked several situational questions, and I provided as much detail as possible. Basically, be a good story-teller. Nobody wants to listen to boring stories, and definitely close-out the stories with how they apply to the question the interviewer asked.

After our long conversation, we discussed salary requirements (on my part), and I was given the opportunity to ask questions of him. ASK ABOUT COMMUNITY INVOLVEMENT! We shook hands, and he said he would let my recruiter know that he enjoyed our conversation and that he'd like to have me aboard. The rest of the logistics are handled by the recruiter to schedule start-dates, background checks, et cetera.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you developed a positive working relationship with a co-worker.   1 Answer

Negotiation

The recruiter said that the salary would be approximately $36,000. The manager asked my salary requirement, and I mentioned that I was making $76,000 when I was active military, and that I knew the range to be approximately $36,000. He said he was sure he could get me something better, and he did.

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Starbucks (Houston, TX).

Interview

Sat down with ASM (assistant store manager), she asked generic interview questions.( i.e.Give me an example of a time you helped someone in a difficult position.) Then came back about a week later to meet the store manager who just sat down to verify some information and said I was hired and the ASM would be out to give me further instructions. I started that week.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Starbucks?   1 Answer

Negotiation

They will not negotiate pay. You will start off at minimum wage, unless you are a veteran. In that case we only get $1/hr. more.

Anonymous Employee in Kingwood, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Starbucks (Kingwood, TX) in December 2015.

Interview

There is an online application with a general questionnaire based on personality. the store manager will go over them with you. they are looking at your personality to determine your fit in the company.

Interview Questions

• what are your long term intentions with starbucks corp.?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Starbucks (Houston, TX) in October 2015.

Interview

They ask u a few questions about ur past work experience and then they have a few questions they ask u to me it was very easy and laid back and on the plus side u get a free drink

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Starbucks (Houston, TX) in September 2015.

Interview

Over the phone interview included questions about availability and confirmation on what I had filled out online for the application. Then we met in person, where they offered a free drink (take them up on it). In person interview was quick, about 20 minutes and included some questions and a overview of the work involved.

Interview Questions

• How have you handled a customer who was upset with you? What challenges have you faced when in a group someone did not do their part?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Starbucks (Houston, TX) in August 2015.

Interview

I applied online and then called the store two days later. Landed an interview the next week. The manager was fun and playful and let me talk about my stories about my previous jobs. Was completely understanding about this be my second job and that my working schedule will float around what my other job scheduled me as. Filled out the hiring paperwork the week after that since the store manager was about to leave for vacation. I'll be starting this week.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you exceeded expectations.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate my hours and schedule since it would be my second job. The starting pay is set by corporate not the stores, which is $8/hr, at least for baristas.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Starbucks (Houston, TX) in July 2015.

Interview

The hiring process was okay i applied and got a phone call probably a day or two later the manager asked to meet with her face to face we laughed and talked and we ended the interview with her saying i will call you and i never received one and called the location and one of the baristas said she is still in the interviewe process i dont know what that meant but i will call her next week to see if iam still under consideration for the job.