Starbucks Interview Questions in Houston, TX | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 29, 2017

2.1

70 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Starbucks (Houston, TX) in July 2017.

Interview

I walked in 10 minutes early and let a Barista know I was waiting for the Store Manager. He came in a little after our set time and I handed him my resume. He started with my availability and then asked about school. He asked questions concerning my previous work experience as a nanny and how I would use that to be a good employee. He really liked my answers as I made it clear the customer would always be valued in situations. Was asked about my future and customer service.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a situation where a customer is not satisfied with the drink?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Starbucks (Houston, TX) in May 2017.

Interview

I was told during the interview that since i didn't have enough experience in any work field except whenever i helped my dad, my questions would be limited to experiences in school, and in my personal life

Interview Questions

• Name one bad experience you had,ANY?   1 Answer
    • How did getting robbed affect your life in school?   1 Answer
    • Name one bad experience you had in a store, restaurant, etc?   1 Answer
    • If you were working behind the counter and you saw a customer being yelled at by another customer, what would you do?   1 Answer

Barist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Katy, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Starbucks (Katy, TX) in May 2017.

Interview

everything goes pretty quick, i prepared an resume and did shake hands with her. I just showed my interests on learning new things and really desired on the position that I have applied.

Interview Questions

• What is the customer service?
      what is the bad customer experience you had before?
      did you have any experience on helping others? how?   Answer Question

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Starbucks (Houston, TX) in March 2017.

Interview

They called me too set up a phone interview . No one never called me so I called and left a voice / email. The person is 10 min late too the phone interview .

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Starbucks (Houston, TX) in March 2017.

Interview

It was pretty intimidating but simple at the same time. Had two interviews before realizing that I could find a better job at a different pay grade. The interviewers did seem pretty friendly and welcoming, and were very down to earth.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to do whatever it takes to make customers feel welcomed?   Answer Question

Barista - Starbucks Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Starbucks (Houston, TX) in January 2017.

Interview

The manager welcomed me warmly and sat down with me while looking the resume I had submitted, asking a few questions about myself and the reason I chose this specific company and this job. We then chatted some more and he told me they are going to run a background check on me.

Barista - Starbucks Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Starbucks (Houston, TX) in January 2017.

Interview

The interview went well. I found that the job was not for me. The company had good benefits and they worked with your current schedule, but I found I was unable to stand in one place for that long to do the job.

Interview Questions

• Do you see yourself staying at Starbucks for a long time?   1 Answer

Business Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Starbucks (Houston, TX) in November 2016.

Interview

Mostly ridiculous "situational" questions that do not apply to the job! There were several questions.. that were inappropriate and not necessary as well. Also, do not get a current BDM to conduct an interview. I think 5+ interviews is a bit much for this position and after 5 interviews I still did not know what a "day in the life" looked like!

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Starbucks (Houston, TX) in November 2016.

Interview

It was pretty simple. It was more of a conversation. I didn't feel like I was in an interview. I told the manager a few things about myself and my experience with customer service. I was hired on the spot.

Barisita Interview

Anonymous Employee in Spring, TX

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Starbucks (Spring, TX) in November 2016.

Interview

My interview as very short. I also think because my manager was very busy at the time. Just go in there confident and you'll get the job guaranteed. My manager pretty much just asked me 2 questions. Why do i want to work there and What was my previous job experience.