Starbucks Interview Questions in Illinois | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 2, 2017

2.3

115 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Interview

Applied online. I didn't hear anything back so I called and was told to stop by when the hiring manager would be in to introduce myself. The employee that I talked to was very friendly and encouraging.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Starbucks (Chicago, IL).

Interview

The interview was super easy. I applied online, and got a call asking me to come in a few days later. O showed up and answer a bunch of obvious questions about working on a team and resolving conflict. Got offered the job on the spot.

Interview Questions

• Describe a positive customer service experience you had   1 Answer
    • Why are you interested in working at Starbucks?   Answer Question

Application

Interview

It is a pretty basic interview process, similar to other food service places. "What was it like working at your last job?", etc.

The interviewer did call my references.

Starbucks Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Starbucks (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Open ended questions. S T A R interview process. Situation, Task, Action, Results. Phone interview, 2 person panel that interview you. They stick to the script. Call back 2nd interview. Offer drug screen and background checks.

Interview Questions

• How do you delegate, what kind of coworkers do you like to work with. Tell me about a time you had to make a tough decision.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Champaign, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Starbucks (Champaign, IL) in January 2017.

Interview

The hiring process was very simple and it was started online. I contacted the store prior to applying to see if they were hiring and after confirming that they were I was directed to fill out an application online and then I was contacted by the store manager. Had a one on one interview and background check and started my first day about two weeks later.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Starbucks (Chicago, IL) in January 2017.

Interview

Ok I guess. I like Coffee, so I thought that I would give this a shot. Lo and behold, I applied, but did no receive a qualified offer I felt comfortable with.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Starbucks (Chicago, IL) in December 2016.

Interview

One 20 min interview in person, was offered the job about 10 min in. I talked to an assistant manager then the store manager joined us. Very free flowing conversation

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Starbucks as a company?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Starbucks (Chicago, IL) in October 2016.

Interview

When I came into the store I walked up as if I were going to order and told the baristas I was meeting with the manager. I got a free drink and waited a little bit for the manager to come out. The interview was very casual. We talked about my pervious customer service experience. I interviewed on a Tuesday and heard back Friday. Background check came back the following Friday and I started working Monday.

Anonymous Employee in Northbrook, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Starbucks (Northbrook, IL) in September 2016.

Interview

The manager asked me a lot of scenario based questions, around 10 questions in total. Each scenario focused on an aspect of customer service and leadership capability. I answered most of the questions by attesting to my confidence in dealing with stressful situations, and how customers always come first in the business.

Interview Questions

• Give an example when you had to work as a team and complete a group project.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Round Lake, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Starbucks (Round Lake, IL).

Interview

Small phone interview first! Asks why we want to work for Starbucks. Then will set up the initial interview. First walked in, baristas will offer you a free drink while we wait for the interview manager. The manager was very nice and made me feel very comfortable.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Starbucks?
      Do you know anything about coffee?
      Strengths/Weaknesses?