Starbucks Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 13, 2017

2.7

668 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Starbucks (San Diego, CA).

Interview

Applied online, then went into the location I applied and asked to speak to the manager. I told her that I had applied and was interested in the position and she gave me an interview date.
    I came back a few days later and had the interview.
    I thought the interview went okay, although there was a drug arrest in the middle of it, but i didn't end up getting the position

Interview Questions

• What's a product you're passionate about? Try to sell it to me.   Answer Question
    • Do you food service/barista experience?   Answer Question
    • What would you do if you were asked to promote or sell a product you personally dislike to a customer?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Starbucks (Las Vegas, NV).

Interview

I applied online and got a call about two weeks later and the guy interviewed me on the phone and invited me for another interview the next day. the interview went pretty well, they told me they'd call me back in a week and they never did.

Barista Interview

Interview

I don't remember if I applied in person or online. Regardless I got a phone call to come in for an interview. Interview was standard and basic. The manager asked about my availability and previous work experiences along with a couple of interview questions. After the interview she told me that she would call or email me on a specific day. That day came and I never got an email or a phone call.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Starbucks?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Antioch, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Starbucks (Antioch, CA).

Interview

I have renewed my application three times now and I still haven't heard of them. I called 4 stores near me and they always say they're not hiring or their manager is not there or not available. Everytime I call the person on the other line are so mean (usually girls) when I asked they seemed rushing me. I Do understand that they might be busy but the disrespect I get from calling everytime made me not to continue applying. I start applying in January 2017 and It's July now :(

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Starbucks (Pittsburgh, PA).

Interview

I met the store manager at the location and sat and waited for approx. 20 minutes which wasn't uncommon. This particular Manager did not make the process easy. Refusing to make eye contact and giving non committed answers to specific questions was rather frustrating. She asked if I would be willing to cover my tattoo, to which I said absolutely. I was not offered the position, I'm not sure if it was (I had 3 years as a barista) experience, the tattoo or my personality she didn't like.

Barista Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Starbucks.

Interview

Lasted 5 minutes and the only thing I was asked about was my schedule. I wasn't even interviewed by the manager of the store I was applying for. I didn't get the chance to answer any real questions or show my personality or anything. Very disappointing especially considering the people around me had in-depth interviews that lasted for about 20 minutes. I was interviewed at a job fair. It's been over a week and still no call.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Lee, NJ

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Starbucks (Fort Lee, NJ).

Interview

I scheduled an appointment for an interview with the manager at one of the stores. I went on the day of the interview and asked one of the workers where the manager was (because 10 min had gone past my interview time). She told me the manager wasn't here and that she would talk to the supervisor about the situation. After a long time, the supervisor never came out, and the worker simply told me that the manager wouldn't be coming in today. i didn't get any prior notice about this and had to come from New York City to NJ to have this interview. This is probably a special case but I hope there's a better system of contacting interviewees and potential employees because I did feel slightly embarrassed and disrespected.

Interview Questions

• What are your hours? (Didn't even have a proper interview)   Answer Question

Network Analyst I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Starbucks (Seattle, WA) in June 2017.

Interview

Submitted a resume to a staffing agency. I was contacted and told the job was on hold, the was contacted about 4 weeks later. The staffing agency provided a time, along with an e-mail with instructions to contact the manager. The phone interview with department manager. The interview lasted about 25 minutes. I contacted the staffing agency afterward. No word on the position, nor offer at the end of the phone interview.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between a Cisco Router and Juniper Router?   1 Answer
    • What were your responsibilities in other technical positions?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hot Springs, AR

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Starbucks (Hot Springs, AR) in June 2017.

Interview

Application was done online. I went into the store a few times to pass the message along and to confirm that my application was received. I was called 2 weeks later. By then, I'd found other steady employment during what would have been their busy hours. They had the courtesy to complete the interview with me despite my not being available for the hours they were hoping to fill in case they wanted to negotiate for my time. They asked only some from a longer list of questions, which appeared to be standard employment questions, but enough to get a good insight of their employees. Friendly experience. Would be glad to apply with them again.

Cashier/Barista Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Starbucks (Phoenix, AZ) in June 2017.

Interview

I was called by someone at Starbucks. They introduced themselves and asked me why I wanted to work at Starbucks. After my answer he only said "thank you" and ended the call with no other information.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Starbucks?   1 Answer