Starbucks Interview Questions | Glassdoor

3,389 Interview Reviews

2.3

3,389 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all Interviews

Barista Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Starbucks.

Interview

After filling out online application. They will show you a list of Starbucks that are hiring about 10. WRITE EVERY STORE NUMBER DOWN!!!!!!!!! Then, CALL EVERYONE OF THEM!
    Read this 2 minutes script.

"Hi, My name is ________, can I speak to your hiring manager please." If the hiring manager is not there, find out what their name is and what day and time they will be available. Find out the name of the person you are talking to and write their name down as well and thank them for their time. Then, call back when the hiring manager will be available.

If the manager is there.
    "Hi, my name is ___________, I saw online that your store was hiring and I was wondering If I could stop by for no more then two minutes, to drop off my resume and cover letter. When your free of course, this way you can get a feel for me vs just seeing my name on a piece of paper."

Two things will happen, either they will state they are no longer hiring, in which case, you ask them if they know of any other stores that are hiring and what is that managers name. Thank them for their time then, repeat the script with that store.

Or they will give you a time and a day. (Mines offered to meet the next hour.) Prep A resume and a cover letter, dress up as best as you can. I wore a shirt and tie. Go in. be positive, show them you want to learn, and be honest. I told them I didnt drink much coffee, but there is a lot of coffee history they' will teach you if you ask. For fun, ask them about the black apron.

Negotiation

No negotiations.

Barista Interview

Interview

Online Application and follow up in person interview. I put forth an effort to get the interview though, I didn't just submit an application. When I transferred stores, I had to do another in person interview to see if I'd fit well in the new store.

Interview Questions

• What hours are you available
      what pay are you looking for
      have you worked in the service industry before
      Answer Question

Director Interview

Application

The process took 8+ weeks. I interviewed at Starbucks.

Interview

The internal recruiter spent the whole time talking about how great Starbucks is but would never respond again not even with a rejection. I never had an opportunity to interview in person even though several positions were available. The promises were fake.

Interview Questions

• Do you know about the college opportunity Starbucks offers?   Answer Question

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Starbucks (Seattle, WA).

Interview

In general, the interview process was straightforward, composed of 5-6 interviews with people of varying seniority. Some interviewers asked questions related to prior work experience/work culture, others focused on behavioral type questions (i.e. Tell me about a time when...). Starbucks is very proud of their history, so would recommend reading what is happening in the news with them and weaving it into your responses when possible. The interview process is quite long (it took me about 1 month from initial phone interview for the in-person interviews, and the process is quite unorganized as none of the interviewers seemed prepared for the interview or asked random questions/talked about the role in depth). Also, the interview skewed toward testing more for a cultural fit, so would definitely emphasize your ability to effectively collaborate, build relationships cross functionally, and deal with/resolve conflict through your responses (these are some of Starbucks core competencies).

The recruiting process was one of the reasons I declined the offer. Not only was it extremely unprofessional, unorganized and political, but all the interviewers didn't seem to place any importance on the position or getting it filled. Starbucks is really creating a poor reputation as an employer and needs to overhaul their recruiting process to treat external candidates fairly and with respect.

Interview Questions

• -Why Starbucks/Why are you interested in this position/How is your prior work experience relevant to this role
      -What are your strengths/weaknesses
      -Tell me about a time when you had to make an important business decision and influence others quickly, but did not have any data to support your arguments
      Answer Question

Operations Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Starbucks.

Interview

Panel interview with 4 people. Called by the recruiter. Asked to come on site. Interviewed with plant manager, HR manager, ops manager and maintenance manager. Included a brief tour of the site as well.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Interview

They asked questions about my experience in hospitality and working under pressure. I felt they were asking in regards to see how competent or knowledgeable I was. I had little experience working with that.

Interview Questions

• Someone tells you that they made they their drink wrong while you are packed with more orders. They demand that they get a free drink and or a refund. What do you do?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Henderson, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Starbucks (Henderson, NV) in February 2017.

Interview

I applied online early one morning and the next afternoon I received a phone call asking a couple of questions and if I would like to come in for an interview. We set up the interview for the next day. He mentioned it would be very quick and informal. He was true to his word. He was very friendly and we talked some about the store, the other workers, how its a very tight knit group. We talked about mutual interests and he mentioned he saw me fitting in very well. I felt like we talked more about ourselves than anything else. At the end, after asking if the position would interest me (I responded in the affirmative) he asked for my birthdate to run the background check and said he would call as soon as it was back to set up a start date. I'm very excited to hear from him and get started.

Technology Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Starbucks (Seattle, WA) in February 2017.

Interview

They asked me a simple coding question about arrays, and a simple two table SQL query. Additionally they asked me higher level questions about technology, security and languages I was proficient in. It was approximately a 50 minute interview with two interviewers.

Interview Questions

• Describe some forms of injection attacks, and how to mitigate them?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Starbucks (Indianapolis, IN).

Interview

After I applied, when I called to check on my application, the manager asked me a couple questions over the phone and scheduled an in-person interview. At the in-person interview, manager sat down and asked a few questions. Actually forgot to bring out their pen, so they just took my answers as I gave them. Was a little bit difficult, as these answers required some fairly subjective and abstract thought from what I was used to for interviews and questionnaires.

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Starbucks.

Interview

I was internal, so the process was different. You have to go to panel interviews repeatedly until you've told the district managers what they want to hear, in the same wording they want to hear. If you say the right answer, but your wording was off, you won't get the promotion.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where the actions you took were not successful in resolving the issue.   Answer Question