Starbucks Cashier/Barista Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Starbucks Cashier/Barista Interview Questions

Interviews at Starbucks

2.4

Cashier/Barista Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Starbucks in April 2016.

Interview

It was a one-on-one interview session with a mandatory phone interview a few days before. You had to register online before they send you emails (locations, offers, etc...) and, if someone needs you, they get in touch. Afterwards, schedule your phone interview and in-person interview.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Starbucks

Cashier/Barista Interview

Interview

couple questions which were pretty easy, nothing too specific and it was easy I think. It was basic questions like do you drink coffee and do you drink coffee, also how often you shop at starbucks, nothing too hard. I didn't get asked about any criminal background during my interview questions which is nice of them, they seem like a good company and seem to care about me a lot.

Interview Questions

• Did I ever make any coffee, did I ever work as a cashier   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Starbucks (San Francisco, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

need to speak to customers, know how to make a coffee and how to do in a teamwork, especially working under high pressure and so on.... they also require that you have to work in shift

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Starbucks (Los Angeles, CA) in December 2012.

Interview

It was a standard interview process with standard interview questions about experience. Applied online and received an email with a few questions. I then interviewed with the store manager. They were very nice and it was not intimidating or difficult.

Interview Questions

• Describe an experience you had with dealing with an upset customer.   Answer Question

The hours did not fit my school schedule.

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Starbucks (Irvine, CA) in June 2013.

Interview

Took a long time (many months) to get a call back for an interview. But they were able to interview me at whatever time I was available rather than a set time. I met and interviewed with the manager on site

Interview Questions

• Situational Question: If the cash register were to break down and there was a line out the door, how would you handle the situation.   1 Answer
    • Pick a Starbucks drink that best describes you   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Starbucks (Philadelphia, PA) in April 2013.

Interview

Casual, friendly and relaxed in the couch seating area so it was comfortable and it seemed to take off some pressure, but there were still customers around. This is the open atmosphere to become accustomed to. The dynamics were open and there was nothing personal or private asked in this open-air forum. It was a preliminary, introductory interview.

Interview Questions

• what is your kitchen work style?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Starbucks (Denver, CO) in February 2017.

Interview

Applying was fairly easy and the manager reached out to me right away. After the interview, I wasn't notified whether I was hired or not until I called to check in myself. The manager had problems with my availability, so I opened up some days upon her request. She said she will give me a call back once the background check goes through and we can discuss scheduling. I haven't heard from her for about two weeks and then I decided to call myself. She apologized and said that my availability doesn't work for her and changed her mind about hiring me.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation in which you approached an authority about an issue in their managing   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Riverside, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Starbucks (Riverside, CA) in March 2014.

Interview

I was seated in the lobby where all the customers were sitting and offered a free drink while I waited for the manager to come and interview me. The manager asked me my questions and then proceeded to ask my availability and then offered me a slot to come back and start the paperwork and training immediately.

Interview Questions

• Describe your relationship with your boss...   1 Answer
    • Describe a difficult situation in the workplace with a customer/co-worker and what you did to overcome it?   Answer Question
    • What are some of your hobbies?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Rancho Cucamonga, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Starbucks (Rancho Cucamonga, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

I applied online. I waited a few days and then started going to locations with my resume and cover letter. I asked to speak to the hiring manager and had a little interview with me then. Then proceeded to tell me to expect a call within a few days. I did not receive a call, so I went back into the store to speak with the HRM again. Did another short interview and was hired on the spot!

Interview Questions

• Do you have any work experience?   Answer Question
    • What was the hardest to learn while working at *****?   Answer Question
    • What would it mean to you if you were hired here at Starbucks?   2 Answers

Anonymous Employee in East Lansing, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Starbucks (East Lansing, MI) in December 2014.

Interview

The interview was short & to the point. No more than 15 minutes. Very straightforward, general questions about myself, previous work experience, & why I wanted the position. No curveballs!