Starbucks Part-time Barista Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 15, 2017

2.0

8 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Starbucks (New York, NY) in June 2015.

Interview

Very personality based. Two face to face interview about why you want to do this job. They care a lot about having people with a good personality and ability to take on long hours without being tired. Very friendly interviewers, should not be too hard as long as you show you are friendly.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself, a time when you had a challenge   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Starbucks

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Starbucks (Seattle, WA) in January 2011.

Interview

Received a pre-screen phone interview. Was pleasant and affable. Store manager asked for a 1 year commitment. For a part-time job that pays slightly over minimum wage, this seemed a bit much to me. Did not commit to one year; received no follow up phone call for an in person interview. Seems more like a job for someone still in school.

Interview Questions

• What is your favorite thing about coffee?   1 Answer
    • Would you be willing to commit for a year?   Answer Question

Part Time Barista Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Starbucks (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in November 2015.

Interview

A manager sat me down and discussed the job with me at a local starbucks. It was similar to any general interview, however with an emphasis on your personality and how you'd be/act in front of customers.

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Starbucks (Singapore (Singapore)) in May 2015.

Interview

It started out with the usual why you wanna work there. Then it proceeded to understanding more of myself and my experience with starbucks as an employee. They are also keen to know about my past working experience and also personality. They may also ask regarding your eligibility to work, if you're a foreigner. They also would ask about your availability to work throughout the week. Of course, they would also let you fill up a form of some sort and would let you know on the spot whether you are eligible or not and would tell you what to do subsequently after the interview.

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Starbucks (Singapore (Singapore)) in September 2014.

Interview

The Starbucks outlet near my place was looking for a barista to join their team. I asked the shift supervisor and he gave me an application to fill up. The process took about 1 week. I was interviewed by the store manager of that outlet. Most of the interview questions were the behavioural types. This interview lasted for 25 minutes.

Several days after the first interview, I was sent to another Starbucks outlet for the second interview with the store manager there. Again, several behavioural questions were asked.

I got an offer several days after the second interview.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a time when you set a goal and were able to achieve it?   Answer Question
    • Give an example of a time when you have to work in a team? How did you work with other members of the team? What was the result?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a situation in which you had to handle a complaint from a client / customer?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Starbucks (Singapore (Singapore)) in September 2014.

Interview

I applied for the position online and went down to one of their outlets for the interview. It was a very casual interview - more of like just a conversation and the interviewer just asked several simple questions. The offer was made on the spot.

Part Time Barista Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Starbucks.

Interview

I had two rounds of interview... the first round included generic questions about the company and situational questions that would test my customer handling skills.. do you ground worko n the company background before you head for the first round. The second round of interview was pretty much about why I wanted to join the company following which I was offered the job offer.

Interview Questions

• I had done my homework about the company and didn't find any questions difficult.   Answer Question

Part-time Barista Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Starbucks in January 2011.

Interview

Basically asked why you are interested in the job, whether you've met with difficult customers and how you managed to handle them. Also asked to name an instance based on past work experiences of dealing with conflict and how you stepped up to the plate. Friendly interviewers mostly. Work culture is wonderful and pleasant.

Interview Questions

• Name an instance when you faced with a problem and solved it. How did you go about solving it?   Answer Question