Starbucks Starbucks-Barista Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 16, 2017

2.2

918 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Sterling Heights, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Starbucks (Sterling Heights, MI).

Interview

Online application with a sit down interview with manager in store lobby. Most questions based around teamwork and how you would handle situations. Dress business casual/professional, tattoos, dyed hair are alright. Starbucks requires a background check which took approx 1 week.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you and a coworker did not agree. How did you handle the situation?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Starbucks

Barista - Starbucks Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Starbucks.

Interview

Really easy going, basic questions such as what would you do in this situation, interviewed in the starbucks lobby, got a call back within the week of interviewing. The manager was really nice and she cares for numbers and her employees as well.

Anonymous Employee in Walnut Creek, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Starbucks (Walnut Creek, CA) in October 2017.

Interview

The interview took 10-15 mins. And she was super awesome. She seems interested in my life not just asking me questions about the company. She wasn't hard to talk to. She made it easy for me to answer her questions since she seems so friendly not like other interviews that looks so intimidating.

Interview Questions

• Tell me something about yourself work and non-work related   Answer Question

Barista - Starbucks Interview

Interview

Awesome interview, great dialogue with manager. Setting was casual, manager seemed very interested in getting to know me and discuss my previous experience. We talked about culture, team atmosphere. I gave some of insight on coffee culture and the manager loved that.

Interview Questions

• What does customer service mean to you?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Starbucks (Tampa, FL).

Interview

It went very straightforward, interview with store manager and was called back within a week. It did help to call the store and ask for the manager, 'office' day typically on Mondays for Starbucks so early part of the week the Store managers are usually only focused on these duties.

Interview Questions

• Very important to know something about starbucks- not customer wise but they are very proud of their company and expect you to know SOMETHING about their founding.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Starbucks (Portland, OR) in September 2017.

Interview

Applied online through Starbucks website to a specific Starbucks location I wanted to work at. The manager of the location called me a few days later to conduct a very short phone "interview" and invited me to do an interview in person. In person interview was very fast with simple questions (ex. "Why did you choose Starbucks?"). He said he liked me and told me that we just needed to conduct a background check online. Results came back in a day and I was offered the job.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to complete a task on the job that you did not want to do? How did you handle it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Fayetteville, AR

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Starbucks (Fayetteville, AR) in August 2017.

Interview

I was met with in a timely manner in a no stress sort of situation. They made sure I was comfortable and made it seem more like a conversation with a friend.

Interview Questions

• When was a time you went above and beyond for customer service?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Starbucks (Richmond, VA).

Interview

I filled out an application online for a Starbucks that I knew was hiding nearby. Two weeks later, I receive a phone call from the Store Manager wanting to schedule an interview. I came in and sat with her for half an hour discussing my availability and the certain standpoint of the store. After the interview, she proceeded to perform a background check on me that took three days. I called her consistently to make sure my application was active & moving forward. After about a week of the interview and background check, I started training.

Tips for "What to Wear!"
    · The store manager really wants to see you fit the role of a Barista!
    · Wear black! You don't need to dress like you are attending a funeral but the previous dress code for Baristas at SBUX was solely Black casual/semi-professional clothing.
    · Females,  Stick to something simple, a black/dark/earthy tone blouse and some black jeans for a female would work!
    · Males, Wear a black/dark/earthy tone short sleeve button up and a pair of khakis!

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Starbucks as a company?   1 Answer
    • How would you describe yourself?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Starbucks (San Jose, CA) in July 2017.

Interview

They ask you multiple questions from a sheet of paper. They would give you scenarios and ask about you and then ask whether or not you have any questions. They would then finish the interview and shake your hand and that would be it.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if a customer was unsatisfied with their drink?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Starbucks (Philadelphia, PA) in July 2017.

Interview

I applied for this position online and two days later called to check on my application the manager asked me a few questions. About 4 days after that I got a call to schedule an interview.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Starbucks?   1 Answer
    • Name a time that you went above and beyond for a customer.   Answer Question