Starbucks Starbucks-Barista Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Starbucks Starbucks-Barista Interview Questions

Updated Apr 12, 2017

2.2

Barista - Starbucks Interview

Interview

Went to a job fair for several cities combined. I was interviewed by 2 managers not from my city, but they were going to share their info with everyone. Still haven't heard anything from anyone.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Starbucks

Barista - Starbucks Interview

Interview

i applied online to several stores. A manager called me to set up an interview. it was a quick process. I interviewed and a few days later I was offered the position and started training.

Interview Questions

• They will ask you scenarios has to how you are a team player.   1 Answer

Barista - Starbucks Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Starbucks.

Interview

Phone call to set up initial interview, initial interview with questions about work experience and work ethic, and then call-back with job offer including starting date and salary. After that, there was an initial "welcoming interview" which included a coffee tasting and introduction to Starbucks.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that you had difficulty with a customer service experience.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Grand Prairie, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Starbucks (Grand Prairie, TX) in March 2017.

Interview

I applied on-line and interviewed with the store manager within 24 hours. She was terrific, very honest and open about the volume and pace of the store. Asked good questions and recognized I would be focused on getting into a management role with my maturity and experience. Got asked back for a second interview with another manager within a few hours and had that second interview at a new store today. Very positive and realistic overview and good rapport. Felt comfortable and welcome. I can honestly say I am excited!

Interview Questions

• What do think is the most important trait in a manager?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Starbucks (Los Angeles, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

Basic interview questions with two people. Interviewed at a different location not in-store. Had one interview with managers from different stores then interviewed with manager from location i applied to. I kept calling to see the status of my interview and got the job.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when a customer was angey and how you handled it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Myrtle Beach, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Starbucks (Myrtle Beach, SC) in February 2017.

Interview

The manager called me in for an interview after reviewing my online application and then after about a week or two, he called me back after the interview to offer me the job. Very simple and straight forward.

Interview Questions

• How did you deal with a dishonest employee at your previous job?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Interview

They ask you questions about why you interested in Starbucks and if you're a good fit culturally within the organization. The questions are not too hard. They also ask you behavioral questions to see your leadership abilities

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Starbucks (Pittsburgh, PA).

Interview

They gave me a chance even though I had a criminal record, and I ended up being promoted to Shift Supervisor in less than 6 months! They weren't judgemental and really worked with me on my tight schedule as well.

Interview Questions

• They asked for one reason why they should me a chance   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Starbucks (Houston, TX) in January 2017.

Interview

The manager welcomed me warmly and sat down with me while looking the resume I had submitted, asking a few questions about myself and the reason I chose this specific company and this job. We then chatted some more and he told me they are going to run a background check on me.

Barista - Starbucks Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Starbucks.

Interview

I applied online for five stores and waited for a callback in order to schedule an interview. I came in, in person with a resume and was offered a free drink. They asked a few questions about you and your previous work, then asked about my availability. She called back a week later for a second interview.

Interview Questions

• Name a time that a coworker was being difficult and how did you respond?   Answer Question
    • What brings you to Starbucks in particular?   1 Answer