Starbucks Starbucks-Barista Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 19, 2018

2.2

966 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Barista - Starbucks Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Starbucks.

Interview

Very casual and brief, came in and talked to manager and asst manager after being called about the position and if i was interested. Got offered a drink and sat down in corner of sitting area and was interviewed.

Interview Questions

• Previous experience customer service, experience with coffee, availability, common retail stuff   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Starbucks

Barista - Starbucks Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Starbucks.

Interview

I got a call the night prior to set up An interview. I set it up for the next day. I didn’t know how dressed up i should be for my interview, so I decided to just go for it because it would be better to be over dressed rather than under. I wore grey slacks and a white button up and pumps. I think I was a bit over dressed, but I felt comfortable. My interviewer was a bit late but it let me work out my jitters before she came to get me. The process was simple, I explained my past experience by just listing my past positions and employers and then the Classic interview questions. She didn’t even say I got the job just set me up for orientation. I was so nervous I forgot all the questions I wanted to ask about uniform and scheduling. The only thing I remembered was my question on where employees should park.

Interview Questions

• What would you do with an I satisfied customer?   1 Answer
    • What was an example of a past achievement?   1 Answer
    • What motivates you? (This one caught me off guard, and I kind of rambled)   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Upper Darby, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Starbucks (Upper Darby, PA).

Interview

The hiring process took me some time since I attempting to work at two different stores. I started off in the town closest to me, and ended up working in the one next to mine. It took a matter of over a month to finalize everything and get signed on as a partner.

Interview Questions

• If you had no way to unclog a toilet, how would you do so?   1 Answer

Barista - Starbucks Interview

Interview

Once you apply online they will call you for an interview. You have to apply and see which positions are available on stabucks.com/careers. Choose your preferred location and answer all the questions that are given, you will need a resume and some references.

Barista - Starbucks Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Starbucks.

Interview

The interview is only about 15 minutes and they ask for examples of your experience and problem-solving skills. They also want to get to know a little about you as a person.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of a bad customer service experience and why it was bad.   Answer Question

Barista - Starbucks Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Starbucks.

Interview

It was pretty easy going. I sat down with the manager and a shift supervisor that was interested in being promoted to a store manager. I felt very welcomed into the store.

Barista - Starbucks Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Starbucks.

Interview

One manager called me for a phone interview, asked me about my guest services, and what my schedule was like, then a few days after I was called in for an in person interview.

Interview Questions

• If you had to sell me any drink, which would it be and why?   Answer Question

Barista - Starbucks Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Starbucks.

Interview

Received word there was an open Barista position near the Starbucks location close to me. Went online and applied. Received a phone call with a request for an interview. Went in and was hired. Conpleted all required paperwork and submitted it. Currently feel the Interview process was quick and easy.

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Starbucks (Phoenix, AZ) in November 2017.

Interview

Very friendly manager. I had gone to the store and told her upfront that I was a former barista at Barnes and Noble and that I had applied a few days ago, so I had a leg up. She scheduled an interview with me a couple days later. I got the offer right then and there.

Interview Questions

• What do you like most working as a barista?   Answer Question
    • Explain a time when you had an unsatisfied customer. How did you correct the customer and turn their experience into a positive one?   Answer Question

Barista - Starbucks Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Starbucks in November 2017.

Interview

I applied online and received a call the very same day. We agreed to do a Skype interview the next day and after that I was to do an in-person interview the next day. I was very nervous but they atmosphere was very relaxing and they offered me coffee several times. Since this particular Starbucks was located at a four star hotel, they informed me that I needed to speak to Human Resources to make sure I was up for the job. After doing that I was hired on the spot. I really liked the process even if it was a more involved that I thought (probably because it's at a hotel) and from what I can see it seems the company treats it's partners well.

Interview Questions

• What do you think you can contribute to this company?   Answer Question
    • Was there a time when you received exceptional customer service, and what made it so special?   Answer Question
    • Was there a time you had difficulty with a co-worker? If so, how did you resolve it?   Answer Question