Starbucks Starbucks-Barista Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 19, 2017

2.2

941 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Barista - Starbucks Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Starbucks.

Interview

One manager called me for a phone interview, asked me about my guest services, and what my schedule was like, then a few days after I was called in for an in person interview.

Interview Questions

• If you had to sell me any drink, which would it be and why?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Starbucks

Barista - Starbucks Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Starbucks.

Interview

Received word there was an open Barista position near the Starbucks location close to me. Went online and applied. Received a phone call with a request for an interview. Went in and was hired. Conpleted all required paperwork and submitted it. Currently feel the Interview process was quick and easy.

Barista - Starbucks Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Starbucks in November 2017.

Interview

I applied online and received a call the very same day. We agreed to do a Skype interview the next day and after that I was to do an in-person interview the next day. I was very nervous but they atmosphere was very relaxing and they offered me coffee several times. Since this particular Starbucks was located at a four star hotel, they informed me that I needed to speak to Human Resources to make sure I was up for the job. After doing that I was hired on the spot. I really liked the process even if it was a more involved that I thought (probably because it's at a hotel) and from what I can see it seems the company treats it's partners well.

Interview Questions

• What do you think you can contribute to this company?   Answer Question
    • Was there a time when you received exceptional customer service, and what made it so special?   Answer Question
    • Was there a time you had difficulty with a co-worker? If so, how did you resolve it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Starbucks (Phoenix, AZ) in November 2017.

Interview

Very friendly manager. I had gone to the store and told her upfront that I was a former barista at Barnes and Noble and that I had applied a few days ago, so I had a leg up. She scheduled an interview with me a couple days later. I got the offer right then and there.

Interview Questions

• What do you like most working as a barista?   Answer Question
    • Explain a time when you had an unsatisfied customer. How did you correct the customer and turn their experience into a positive one?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Sterling Heights, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Starbucks (Sterling Heights, MI).

Interview

Online application with a sit down interview with manager in store lobby. Most questions based around teamwork and how you would handle situations. Dress business casual/professional, tattoos, dyed hair are alright. Starbucks requires a background check which took approx 1 week.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you and a coworker did not agree. How did you handle the situation?   Answer Question

Barista - Starbucks Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Starbucks.

Interview

Really easy going, basic questions such as what would you do in this situation, interviewed in the starbucks lobby, got a call back within the week of interviewing. The manager was really nice and she cares for numbers and her employees as well.

Anonymous Employee in Walnut Creek, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Starbucks (Walnut Creek, CA) in October 2017.

Interview

The interview took 10-15 mins. And she was super awesome. She seems interested in my life not just asking me questions about the company. She wasn't hard to talk to. She made it easy for me to answer her questions since she seems so friendly not like other interviews that looks so intimidating.

Interview Questions

• Tell me something about yourself work and non-work related   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Perris, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Starbucks (Perris, CA) in October 2017.

Interview

I applied online and was called about 2 weeks later to set up an interview.
    I interviewed with the store manager. She interviewed two of us at once - asking questions from a list. She was very nice and polite.

Interview Questions

• If you saw an employee doing something they weren't supposed to, would you tell them something?   1 Answer
    • How would you handle a difficult customer?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Starbucks (San Francisco, CA) in October 2017.

Interview

You get a call from the manager. You call them back and they do a pre secreening. They tell you the pay rate which is shockingly low for San Francisco. it's 14.25 plus tips. You at least get health insurance, food, coffee, discounts and stock options. They rarely offer full time but I accepted a minimum of 30 hours a week.

Barista - Starbucks Interview

Interview

Awesome interview, great dialogue with manager. Setting was casual, manager seemed very interested in getting to know me and discuss my previous experience. We talked about culture, team atmosphere. I gave some of insight on coffee culture and the manager loved that.

Interview Questions

• What does customer service mean to you?   1 Answer