Starbucks Starbucks-Barista Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 9, 2017

2.2

889 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Starbucks (Richmond, VA).

Interview

I filled out an application online for a Starbucks that I knew was hiding nearby. Two weeks later, I receive a phone call from the Store Manager wanting to schedule an interview. I came in and sat with her for half an hour discussing my availability and the certain standpoint of the store. After the interview, she proceeded to perform a background check on me that took three days. I called her consistently to make sure my application was active & moving forward. After about a week of the interview and background check, I started training.

Tips for "What to Wear!"
· The store manager really wants to see you fit the role of a Barista!
· Wear black! You don't need to dress like you are attending a funeral but the previous dress code for Baristas at SBUX was solely Black casual/semi-professional clothing.
· Females,  Stick to something simple, a black/dark/earthy tone blouse and some black jeans for a female would work!
· Males, Wear a black/dark/earthy tone short sleeve button up and a pair of khakis!

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Starbucks as a company?   1 Answer
  • How would you describe yourself?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Starbucks

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Starbucks (San Jose, CA) in July 2017.

Interview

They ask you multiple questions from a sheet of paper. They would give you scenarios and ask about you and then ask whether or not you have any questions. They would then finish the interview and shake your hand and that would be it.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if a customer was unsatisfied with their drink?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Starbucks (Philadelphia, PA) in July 2017.

Interview

I applied for this position online and two days later called to check on my application the manager asked me a few questions. About 4 days after that I got a call to schedule an interview.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Starbucks?   1 Answer
    • Name a time that you went above and beyond for a customer.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Clearwater, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Starbucks (Clearwater, FL).

Interview

Normal interview, got a free drink, sat in the cafe, basic questions (about 10-15) then started describing the position. Don't forget to smile. Basic interview, nothing too complicated. Referenced my old job a lot in the questions.

Interview Questions

• How would your react in a situation like this   1 Answer

Barista - Starbucks Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Starbucks.

Interview

Simple interview, the company seems to sell itself with benefits offered. (besides pay, $9 an hour starting. Ridiculous! LOL) Some benefits include: 25 bachelors degree courses reimbursed at ASU online, full insurance even for PT "partners." Free beverages when on shift, discounted 30% when off shift. I can definitely say I would work here as minimally as possible to receive full benefits but make my LIVING income elsewhere.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had a difficult customer?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you went somewhere and received poor customer service?   Answer Question

Barista - Starbucks Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Starbucks.

Interview

Overview of role, quick questions, conversational more than formal interview, occurred in the seating area; reassuring and calm environment; four or five questions in total; make sure to wear shoes, ideally with laces to be impressive; would do again

Anonymous Employee in Mansfield, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Starbucks (Mansfield, TX).

Interview

Very simple interview, why do you want to work there and what your experiences with Starbucks was. Offered a free drink and wait for he interviewer, he was really nice and made it easy to respond.

Interview Questions

• What was an experience you had at Starbucks?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Long Beach, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Starbucks (Long Beach, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted through email about a group interview at the location I applied to. I went to the interview and was called back and offered the job within 2 days of the interview.

Barista - Starbucks Interview

Interview

Went to a job fair for several cities combined. I was interviewed by 2 managers not from my city, but they were going to share their info with everyone. Still haven't heard anything from anyone.

Barista - Starbucks Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Starbucks in April 2017.

Interview

It was really chill. It was more of a conversation than anything else. The person who interviewed me was very open and didn't intimidate me at all. The interview lasted approximately 10-15 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any experience in the retail/service industry?   Answer Question