Starbucks Shift Lead Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Starbucks Shift Lead Interview Questions

2.5

Shift Lead, Barista Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Starbucks (San Jose, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

Casual setting, literally sitting next to customers while the interview happens. I met with the Store Manager as well as the Assistant Store Manager. They offered me a drink while i waited for them to get prepared (TAKE THE DRINK!). The interview took no more than 20 minutes. They informed me that they would be calling me back when they reached a decision and they did!

Interview Questions

• Have you ever had a coworker disrespect you and how did you handle it?   Answer Question
    • why did you leave your last job?   Answer Question
    • why do you want to work for us?   Answer Question
    • Have you ever had someone tell you on the job that you weren't doing something right or was constantly cutting you down on your work? Explain.   Answer Question

Shift Lead Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Leandro, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Starbucks (San Leandro, CA).

Interview

Three store managers and a District Manager interviewed me. They have a list of specific interview questions, but each manager approaches it in their own way.
    After the interview phase I began training and I had the opportunity to work at several stores. These each served as secondary interviews to see which store I would transfer to when I completed my training.

Interview Questions

• I wasn't expecting to have my personal life evaluated, but in a customer-oriented and community-involved corporation, it makes sense. The managers were experienced interviewers based on the quickness with which they interpreted my responses.   Answer Question

Negotiation

The salary isn't negotiable at entry-level, but the company had many benefits to offer. The totality of a stock investment plan, 401(k), health plan, and the promise of a bonus and sabbatical is motivation for staying with the company.
    The negotiation itself was to the point, and I think they come into it knowing how impressed you'll be with the variety in their long list of benefits.

Starbucks Shift Lead Interview

Anonymous Employee in Michigan City, IN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Starbucks (Michigan City, IN) in July 2011.

Interview

I walked in to a store, asked for the manager. I said i was in search of work as a manager. They pretty much hired me on the spot. I was asked to come back for a formal interview. When I returned there was a manager from another store there. I sat through a round of typical questions from a book. Not very much nuance or subtlety. Everything was canned and prepared in a book sent down from corporate.

Interview Questions

• The usual round of 'what would you do in this kind of situation.' Fairly easy questions. What would you do in a precarious situation. How would you handle an unruly employee. How well do you handle ambiguity?   1 Answer

Starbucks Shift Lead Interview

Anonymous Employee in Banning, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Starbucks (Banning, CA) in January 2011.

Interview

My interview process was practically non- existent. A shift supervisor highly recommended me and his judgement was trustworthy to the manager. Starbucks looks for highly passionate people who interact easily with others and are pleasant. The more outgoing you are, the better your chances of being hired. Also, presentation is vital. This may be part of the food industry, but Starbucks prides itself on "legendary customer service,' and if you show up casually dressed, they'll assume you're not enthusiastic or invested.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Starbucks?   1 Answer