Starbucks Starbucks Barista Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 20, 2017

2.2

908 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Starbucks (Tampa, FL).

Interview

It went very straightforward, interview with store manager and was called back within a week. It did help to call the store and ask for the manager, 'office' day typically on Mondays for Starbucks so early part of the week the Store managers are usually only focused on these duties.

Interview Questions

• Very important to know something about starbucks- not customer wise but they are very proud of their company and expect you to know SOMETHING about their founding.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Starbucks (Portland, OR) in September 2017.

Interview

Applied online through Starbucks website to a specific Starbucks location I wanted to work at. The manager of the location called me a few days later to conduct a very short phone "interview" and invited me to do an interview in person. In person interview was very fast with simple questions (ex. "Why did you choose Starbucks?"). He said he liked me and told me that we just needed to conduct a background check online. Results came back in a day and I was offered the job.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to complete a task on the job that you did not want to do? How did you handle it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Fayetteville, AR

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Starbucks (Fayetteville, AR) in August 2017.

Interview

I was met with in a timely manner in a no stress sort of situation. They made sure I was comfortable and made it seem more like a conversation with a friend.

Interview Questions

• When was a time you went above and beyond for customer service?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Starbucks (Richmond, VA).

Interview

I filled out an application online for a Starbucks that I knew was hiding nearby. Two weeks later, I receive a phone call from the Store Manager wanting to schedule an interview. I came in and sat with her for half an hour discussing my availability and the certain standpoint of the store. After the interview, she proceeded to perform a background check on me that took three days. I called her consistently to make sure my application was active & moving forward. After about a week of the interview and background check, I started training.

Tips for "What to Wear!"
    · The store manager really wants to see you fit the role of a Barista!
    · Wear black! You don't need to dress like you are attending a funeral but the previous dress code for Baristas at SBUX was solely Black casual/semi-professional clothing.
    · Females,  Stick to something simple, a black/dark/earthy tone blouse and some black jeans for a female would work!
    · Males, Wear a black/dark/earthy tone short sleeve button up and a pair of khakis!

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Starbucks as a company?   1 Answer
    • How would you describe yourself?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Starbucks (San Jose, CA) in July 2017.

Interview

They ask you multiple questions from a sheet of paper. They would give you scenarios and ask about you and then ask whether or not you have any questions. They would then finish the interview and shake your hand and that would be it.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if a customer was unsatisfied with their drink?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Starbucks (Philadelphia, PA) in July 2017.

Interview

I applied for this position online and two days later called to check on my application the manager asked me a few questions. About 4 days after that I got a call to schedule an interview.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Starbucks?   1 Answer
    • Name a time that you went above and beyond for a customer.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Starbucks (Louisville, KY) in July 2017.

Interview

Very easy and quick. Hired on the spot. Just be yourself and show a lot of enthusiam. Ask about the benefits. The manager was really nice and they are very accomodating in terms of scheduling.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle a disgruntled customer?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Clearwater, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Starbucks (Clearwater, FL).

Interview

Normal interview, got a free drink, sat in the cafe, basic questions (about 10-15) then started describing the position. Don't forget to smile. Basic interview, nothing too complicated. Referenced my old job a lot in the questions.

Interview Questions

• How would your react in a situation like this   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Starbucks.

Interview

Simple interview, the company seems to sell itself with benefits offered. (besides pay, $9 an hour starting. Ridiculous! LOL) Some benefits include: 25 bachelors degree courses reimbursed at ASU online, full insurance even for PT "partners." Free beverages when on shift, discounted 30% when off shift. I can definitely say I would work here as minimally as possible to receive full benefits but make my LIVING income elsewhere.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had a difficult customer?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you went somewhere and received poor customer service?   Answer Question

Barista - Starbucks Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Starbucks.

Interview

Overview of role, quick questions, conversational more than formal interview, occurred in the seating area; reassuring and calm environment; four or five questions in total; make sure to wear shoes, ideally with laces to be impressive; would do again