Starbucks Store Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Starbucks Store Manager Interview Questions

Updated Aug 13, 2017

289 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Warner Robins, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Starbucks (Warner Robins, GA) in August 2017.

Interview

I submitted my resume and a few days later, I was contacted by the recruiter. She was very upbeat, energetic and very transparent about the whole process following our interview.

I was interviewed by two district managers a week later. The two district managers I interviewed with were very passionate about the company and both had great career growth stories to share.

After that interview, I was told I would need to interview with the regional director. There was a bit of a delay with that appointment but the recruiter reached out to me and explained what was going on and why it was taking so long.

I finally did have an interview with a district manager who was filling in for the regional director while she was out on vacation. This district manager was much like the others I spoke to. Had passion for the company and was able to relate to my background.

During this whole process, I will say that everyone was very kind, passionate and transparent. Very professional and easy to talk to.

Interview Questions

• How do you manage multiple tasks in a busy environment?   Answer Question

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Starbucks (New York, NY).

Interview

Applied online. About two weeks later, a recruiter contacted me via email to schedule a phone interview. Right after the phone interview, I was invited to interview with two DM's in person. The next day, I was contacted by the recruiter and then scheduled a phone interview with a Regional manager. After that weekend passed, I was offered the position at $48,000. Super excited!

Interview Questions

• lots of STAR related questions, "tell me about a time when you had a difficult situation, how did you overcome it, what was the results"   Answer Question

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Starbucks (Los Angeles, CA) in July 2017.

Interview

The interview was friendly, comfortable and personal. It lasted about 1 1/2 hours. There was a very specific portion when I was asked many behavioral-type questions: tell me about a time when ...., that related to how I would deal with a particular issue in a managerial role. There were about 8 questions of this type. It was a clear format to determine readiness for management of a store.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your past experiences developing direct reports.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dayton, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Starbucks (Dayton, OH) in June 2017.

Interview

Phone interview with recruiter initially. Providing that call goes well you are referred to the scheduler to then meet with District Manager. The third stage involves a verbal offer and a background check.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Maumelle, AR

Application

I applied online. The process took 8+ weeks. I interviewed at Starbucks (Maumelle, AR) in May 2017.

Interview

Contacted via email about a week after applying. Initial screening interview was done by the regional recruiter. Initial interview lasted and hour and was much more in depth than I expected. A second (panel) interview was scheduled with regionals.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time when you had to choose between addressing a customer issue or a staff issue?   Answer Question
    • Describe how you handled a substantial P&L loss and what steps you put into place to prevent it from happening again   Answer Question

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Starbucks.

Interview

Received email to setup a phone interview. Interview went very well. The recruiter notified me that I should here back by the end of the week, but if not to please get in touch with him by Wednesday of the following week. By Wednesday, I still did not hear anything from him so I emailed and called him. Two weeks later and still no response.

Interview Questions

• Typical STAR type interview questions. Some questions on volume and P&L.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Starbucks (Houston, TX) in March 2017.

Interview

They called me too set up a phone interview . No one never called me so I called and left a voice / email. The person is 10 min late too the phone interview .

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Starbucks (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Open ended questions. S T A R interview process. Situation, Task, Action, Results. Phone interview, 2 person panel that interview you. They stick to the script. Call back 2nd interview. Offer drug screen and background checks.

Interview Questions

• How do you delegate, what kind of coworkers do you like to work with. Tell me about a time you had to make a tough decision.   Answer Question

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Starbucks.

Interview

I was internal, so the process was different. You have to go to panel interviews repeatedly until you've told the district managers what they want to hear, in the same wording they want to hear. If you say the right answer, but your wording was off, you won't get the promotion.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where the actions you took were not successful in resolving the issue.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Starbucks (San Francisco, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

Warning: DO NOT APPLY IF YOU ARE NOT WHITE
    I arrived at the district office about 20 minutes before my scheduled interview. My name wasn't on the list in the lobby; though I had an email confirming my appointed time. Patiently waited as the receptionist called the starbucks office...time just ticking away. I finally was able to get re-confirmation of my scheduled interview (after about 15 minutes after, mind you) and was allowed up. I worried that I would appear unprofessional for arriving late, although it wasn't my fault, but I digress. I get upstairs, I am instantly greeted by the friendliest receptionist ever, I sign in, and wait.
    I am informed that my interviewers are not at the office, when suddenly one of them walks in. I am greeted by pure pretentiousness, but I don't pay it any mind. I sit and wait...and wait...and wait some more. Its 30 minutes passed my interview time, and I'm growing suspicious of the oh so wonderful Starbucks. Finally I am whisked away for the interview. It was very hasty and seemed like they were not prepared to interview someone. We began with a series of STAR questions, they were easy to answer, but I couldn't help but notice one of the interviewers was constantly checking their watch, as if they were late for something. I understand they are busy professionals, but it was rude. I felt rushed when answering the questions, and I didn't feel as if they truly listened to my answers. My recruiter was fun and excited about working at Starbucks, but these people were very dull and lifeless. There was a point during the interview where one of them tried being talking me out of wanting to even work there. He made it sound like, although I had good experience, I was wasting my time talking to them. To be completely honest, I think the reason why the interview was so miserable was because I didn't fit the description of what they were looking for. Though they preach about how the Starbucks Mission Statement and Values are what they live by, that is not the case. Again, if you're not white, don't even bother with this place.

Interview Questions

• STAR questions, mostly. A lot of questions were very similar, but worded differently.
      They will give you a scenario, and you have to tell them how it is you would or have solved it in the past. Ex: "Tell me about a time where as a manager you had to make a big negative change without flipping the switch on everyone so suddenly. Don't say that you fired someone or anything like that."   Answer Question