Starbucks Interview Questions | Glassdoor

3,772 Interview Reviews

2.3

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alcatraz, NM

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 12+ months. I interviewed at Starbucks (Alcatraz, NM) in January 2013.

Interview

A fun interview, I enjoyed every moment of it. Honestly and truthfully, it was a liberating, fun, freedom filled experience. I would do it again. I think it was the best interview I have ever done, to be honest.

Business Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Starbucks (Houston, TX) in November 2016.

Interview

Mostly ridiculous "situational" questions that do not apply to the job! There were several questions.. that were inappropriate and not necessary as well. Also, do not get a current BDM to conduct an interview. I think 5+ interviews is a bit much for this position and after 5 interviews I still did not know what a "day in the life" looked like!

Customer Service Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Starbucks (Seattle, WA) in April 2014.

Interview

In this job, I am hired as an independent contractor to teach a variety of business based training, classes or seminars. For this occasion I had to do my do diligence and find the right person to talk with in order to sell my consulting / training to a corporation as they have their own training program in place. As I wasn't necessary interviewed, I did have to sell my business to corporate till I drew blood practically because of the corporate training they have in place and they do not want to deviate from that. But I was able to get them to see that I wasn't trying to come in and create or re-create a training program, but to refresh the current staff which includes the management.

Interview Questions

• How much do I charge for one training class?   1 Answer

Barista - Starbucks Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Starbucks (London, England (UK)) in January 2014.

Interview

I applied in store and get phone call after a week ask to come for interview. When I have arrived, the manager ask me to fill in question sheet which contains questions that we can choose very much like me, a bit like me, and not like me. There are 2 managers interviewed me at the time, very nice and easy like personal chat. Just stick to a "people" person.…
    I applied online and around a week later they called me inviting me to an interview the next day. When I got there I was given a form to fill in with questions like 'I am an optimist' 'I enjoy helping others' etc and I had to tick wether I'm like that or not. The manager then took me to sit where customers where and he did a coffee tasting…

Interview Questions

• What will you do in next 1 year   1 Answer

Too many fab things goin on

Barista Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ontario, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Starbucks (Ontario, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

Two interviews. One with store manager. One with gm who manages a few nearby stores. Interviews happened two weeks apart. The asked typical questions and wanted to determine if they thought you were a good fit with the coworkers there who were already employed. I don't know really.

Also, one more thing, there was a long initial phone call. Our Starbucks had a drive through and they want to make sure you have a friendly voice that sounds cheerful and upbeat. Positivity!

Shift Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Starbucks in February 2011.

Interview

Be specific in answering questions. STAR your answers. Situation, Task, Action you took, Result. Be very cal , they want to know you can keep it together when things get hairy. Think spock...try to answer the questions as logical as posible..keep it simple and dont forget to star your answers

Interview Questions

• Explain a time when you failed to meet the customers expectations. What happened? What did you do to fix it and what was the end result?   1 Answer

Rather not say

Retail Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Olney, MD

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at Starbucks (Olney, MD) in December 2013.

Interview

It took me 3 years to be promoted to Assistant manager. failed 3 interviews by 6 different district managers who don't know your worth ethic or you. very nerve wracking. Once i got to assistant the training is short and horrible. I did not get to finish training i don't think. I was a manager with my own store for over a year and got a DM who failed my on my last interview and had to come back and tell me I was promoted after a "round table discussion". After this she had a vendetta. Never had write ups before this and she gave me 3 over a 6 month period and was terminated. I wrote howard shultz a letter and partner resources contacted me back. not Howard. I tried to fight for my job but even though I was there 7 years and believe I was wrongfully terminated they didn't care. I now have to find a new career at age 37. The interview process is ridiculous. Good luck if you want anything quickly.

Interview Questions

• All of the interview questions they make difficult. They want to hear how you got out of a tough situation. You may not have had one so you have to make up a situation just to answer the question. My store manager had to coach me on how to answer the questions with the "Starbuck's Lingo". Pretty ridiculous. If you thought you answered the questions perfectly. you didn't! You probably failed. They do not pass anyone on their first interview! remember "It's JUST coffee!"   1 Answer

Barista Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Matteson, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Starbucks (Matteson, IL) in September 2013.

Interview

Applied online, didn't get a call for a week, decided to call each one I applied to back and every one said that same thing but two ladies pretended like they couldn't hear me but they could hear me perfectly fine before I asked about my application.

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tracy, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Starbucks (Tracy, CA).

Interview

Progressive interviewing process at Starbucks. You can have between 3 and 4 interviews, all ranging from other Store Managers, to District Managers up to the Regional Manager. You may even have a panel interview. The questions asked are mostly scenario focusing on behavioral and situational responses. Being able to give examples as to what approach you may have taken in the scenario, how responsive you were with your actions and then being able to give an example as to the results of your actions. There are a minimum of FIVE areas they ask you questions in regards to, ranging from leadership, development, working with others, customers and attaining results.

Interview Questions

• If you were an animal, which would you be and why?   1 Answer

Construction Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Shanghai, Shanghai (China)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Starbucks (Shanghai, Shanghai (China)) in March 2011.

Interview

Interview for 1 time only, and the interview for 2 hours and questioned more than 50 questions in technicial related. also question your favorite drink too. Interviewer have good knowledge in real estate and construction and facilities managment. communication skill and leadership skill is necessary too. prepare yourself to show your knowledge in all round in the industry, also will ask you the question what would you like to do if you are hired in the first 3 months.

Interview Questions

• What is your favorite drink in starbucks   1 Answer

no career prospect with this position