Starbucks Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 26, 2017
3,396 Interview Reviews

2.3

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Starbucks (Philadelphia, PA) in February 2017.

Interview

I was hired on the spot and am only 17. They usually do two interviews and call within a week with a response, but the hiring manager and I got along really well and enjoyed the conversation and I was offered the job! I am very excited to begin working.

Interview Questions

• They ask 5 questions about scenarios that you have experienced and you answer them based of what you would do. It is easier to understand with one of the questions. The question was similar to- what have you done to help management or if there were any concerns in the workplace how would you handle it or how have you handled it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Starbucks (Las Vegas, NV) in June 2014.

Interview

The interview is super easy. The questions are geared towards behavior, action/reaction, and how well you demonstrate leadership or customer service. Even you don't have work experience, that is okay. You can definitely draw on school related experiences such as group projects, individual work, or even your teacher to demonstrate a manager to employee relationship. You need to meet or exceed expectations in all categories to be given a job offer. Also, please show some personality. Starbucks loves people who do well under pressure (like an interview) and are able to smile and be at ease since that's the behavior that should be exhibited while at work.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had an issue with the direction your team was taking   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Marietta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Starbucks (Marietta, GA) in February 2017.

Interview

I met with the manager and the interview was pretty casual, he asked mostly general questions and you get a free drink when you come in for your interview. I was hired on the spot at the end and told that they were going to do my background check and then tell me when it went through.

Barista - Starbucks Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Starbucks (Columbia, SC) in September 2016.

Interview

Online application and called store to speak to manager. Went in to meet her and scheduled an interview. Interview included 3 managers total and was relatively informal. Discussed benefits, experience and the culture of the company.

Starbucks Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Starbucks (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Open ended questions. S T A R interview process. Situation, Task, Action, Results. Phone interview, 2 person panel that interview you. They stick to the script. Call back 2nd interview. Offer drug screen and background checks.

Interview Questions

• How do you delegate, what kind of coworkers do you like to work with. Tell me about a time you had to make a tough decision.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Starbucks (Chicago, IL) in October 2014.

Interview

interview process is simple, easy, casual. we sat in the cafe of the store and chatted for a little bit. I always believe in professionalism, so I wore a blazer and nice pants.

Interview Questions

• how do you demonstrate teamwork/leadership?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Rocky River, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Starbucks (Rocky River, OH) in February 2017.

Interview

I applied online and a few days later I got a call to set up an interview. Interview was 1 on 1 about 20 minutes. The manager was very personable and easy to talk to.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you and another person had different viewpoints on something and tell about how you convinced them to see your way   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Brea, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Starbucks (Brea, CA) in May 2013.

Interview

Met with the manager in the lobby and he asked me around 8 questions. He mentioned after the interview the dress code and that a ServSafe certificate was needed and to get one. So I knew he was going to offer me the position. The manager liked that I had previously worked at Disneyland.

Interview Questions

• Name an example of a time you had an unfortunate situation with a customer, and how did you solve it?   1 Answer

Technology Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Starbucks (Seattle, WA) in February 2017.

Interview

They asked me a simple coding question about arrays, and a simple two table SQL query. Additionally they asked me higher level questions about technology, security and languages I was proficient in. It was approximately a 50 minute interview with two interviewers.

Interview Questions

• Describe some forms of injection attacks, and how to mitigate them?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Henderson, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Starbucks (Henderson, NV) in February 2017.

Interview

I applied online early one morning and the next afternoon I received a phone call asking a couple of questions and if I would like to come in for an interview. We set up the interview for the next day. He mentioned it would be very quick and informal. He was true to his word. He was very friendly and we talked some about the store, the other workers, how its a very tight knit group. We talked about mutual interests and he mentioned he saw me fitting in very well. I felt like we talked more about ourselves than anything else. At the end, after asking if the position would interest me (I responded in the affirmative) he asked for my birthdate to run the background check and said he would call as soon as it was back to set up a start date. I'm very excited to hear from him and get started.