Starbucks Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 20, 2017
4,013 Interview Reviews

2.3

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Starbucks (Miami, FL) in October 2017.

Interview

Ask about personal life, assess how you would handle situations, and if you're capable of working in their store in terms of availability and ability to handle items: such as heavy items, standing long hours, drinking coffee, and speaking to customers.

Interview Questions

• Are you going to school?   1 Answer
    • What are you majoring in?   1 Answer
    • Have you had work experience?   1 Answer
    • Have you had experience helping people?   1 Answer
    • How would you handle a rude customer?   1 Answer
    • Did you know about the educational programs Starbucks provides?   1 Answer

Baristar Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Starbucks (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in November 2017.

Interview

I applied on the starbucks online web site. And they called me two days later. I interviewed at Starbucks in Vancouver in November 2017. They asked me various questions. They asked me various questions.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Starbucks?   1 Answer

Barista Interview

Anonymous Employee in Whitby, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Starbucks (Whitby, ON (Canada)) in November 2017.

Interview

I just applied online on a Tuesday, received a call a week later to schedule an interview for the next day (Friday.) The store happened to be in the same area ( or plaza) that I used to work at. I knew the manager because he used to be a regular customer at the restaurant that I used to work for, so the interview was more of a conversation than anything else because he already knew me and knows how I work with dealing with customers. Anyways, we ended up talking about his work background, my work experience, then we just talked about what our plans for the weekend was. We talked about video games, and DC & Marvel Movies. It was my longest interview because we just went off topic and talked about whatever haha.

I was hired on the spot, and they just told me to complete my "paper work" online.

I would say: Just be yourself, make sure you know the company's background; they also don't expect you to know all the drinks because you will learn as you go. Don't be nervous because they just want to get to know you, and how you will fit with their barista team.

Anonymous Employee in New Haven, CT

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Starbucks (New Haven, CT) in November 2013.

Interview

Simple and Straightforward. All the questions related to the job; there were no "curve balls." It was really just a pleasant conversation with the store manager. Be relaxed, dress casually but neatly, respond honestly while smiling and making eye-contact and an interview should be simple. This also may depend on where and with whom you interview.

Interview Questions

• What qualities do you have that make you a good candidate for a barista position?   1 Answer

Communications Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Starbucks (Seattle, WA) in August 2016.

Interview

Conversational/ Situational questions, 12pm-5pm interview session,Tour of the building
    Communicated a in-depth job description, Afforded an opportunity to tour the "new" city I was potentially moving to, Gave adequate moving time

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you had to deliver unfavorable feedback to an employee.   1 Answer

Barista - Starbucks Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Starbucks (Phoenix, AZ) in November 2017.

Interview

Very friendly manager. I had gone to the store and told her upfront that I was a former barista at Barnes and Noble and that I had applied a few days ago, so I had a leg up. She scheduled an interview with me a couple days later. I got the offer right then and there.

Interview Questions

• What do you like most working as a barista?   Answer Question
    • Explain a time when you had an unsatisfied customer. How did you correct the customer and turn their experience into a positive one?   Answer Question

Barista Interview

Interview

Quick talk with district manager and will be decided which store manager will interview you. Then the store manager will ask you detailed questions and decide whether s/he will give you the offer. I went to a job fair in a Starbucks store, so usually they will tell you the result right away if they need labor urgently.

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Starbucks (San Jose, CA).

Interview

Applied online and got a call back for an interview. Very straight forward questions for the jobs. The person who interviewed me, shared some interesting facts about the company and the perks that come along with the job.

Barista Interview

Anonymous Employee in Paris (France)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Starbucks (Paris (France)) in November 2017.

Interview

It was a fast interview job. I was speaking with a team leader, I believe, he didn't really introduce himself, anyway... The questions were mainly about my previous jobs.

Barista - Starbucks Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Starbucks (Orlando, FL) in September 2017.

Interview

After applying online you follow up in person with the manager at the store you want to work at. An interview was scheduled easily after that. The interview was relaxed and casual and held inside the store. It lasted about 20-30 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Starbucks?   1 Answer