Starbucks Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 16, 2017
4,060 Interview Reviews

2.3

Shift Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Starbucks.

Interview

I applied on Monday, was called Tuesday for an interview on Wednesday. The Manager was very friendly and to break the ice..he asked me questions about my favorite drink. He also asked if I’ve ever had any bad experiences at Starbucks. The questions were very easy and we got off subject a few times to discuss life. Be yourself you should be good

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you experienced customer service good or bad?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Starbucks.

Interview

One manager called me for a phone interview, asked me about my guest services, and what my schedule was like, then a few days after I was called in for an in person interview.

Interview Questions

• If you had to sell me any drink, which would it be and why?   Answer Question

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Starbucks.

Interview

Received word there was an open Barista position near the Starbucks location close to me. Went online and applied. Received a phone call with a request for an interview. Went in and was hired. Conpleted all required paperwork and submitted it. Currently feel the Interview process was quick and easy.

Shift Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Starbucks.

Interview

Interview process was okay. Was interviewed by other managers with my own manager observing the interview. It was held at another Starbucks location so it was not too intense. A lot of the questions were centered on how to provide constructive feedback to fellow employees. Other questions were about providing connections with customers and how to handle issues correctly.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you were obligated to provide feedback to another employee?   Answer Question
    • Recall a time when you had a meaningful connection with a customer?   Answer Question

Store Manager Interview

Interview

Easy to follow, the recruiter was nice. I really enjoyed the process. I was offered the job and I accepted. I was really hoping to work for this company.

Barista Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Starbucks.

Interview

In-store interview with the manager.
    It was a nice conversational process.
    Extremely friendly and casual setting which puts candidate in a peaceful mindset.
    Only downside was the fact that it was held in the lobby, so it was bit noisy.

Interview Questions

• Do you mind working early in the morning as early as 4am?   1 Answer

Barista - Starbucks Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Starbucks (Phoenix, AZ) in November 2017.

Interview

Very friendly manager. I had gone to the store and told her upfront that I was a former barista at Barnes and Noble and that I had applied a few days ago, so I had a leg up. She scheduled an interview with me a couple days later. I got the offer right then and there.

Interview Questions

• What do you like most working as a barista?   Answer Question
    • Explain a time when you had an unsatisfied customer. How did you correct the customer and turn their experience into a positive one?   Answer Question

Barista Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Starbucks.

Interview

it was quick easy i got the chance to talk to my boss and now good friend there were many good times spent there though the pay sucked. there was many things to learn once hired after learning them it becomes easy

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Decatur, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Starbucks (Decatur, AL) in November 2017.

Interview

I applied online and had to take an online survey answering many questions on what I would do in a particular situation. Many of the questions were job specific based on job scenarios, for instance, what to do if a customer needs help, but you are at the end of your shift.

Interview Questions

• Many questions online. I also submitted a little note about myself.   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Starbucks in November 2017.

Interview

I applied online and received a call the very same day. We agreed to do a Skype interview the next day and after that I was to do an in-person interview the next day. I was very nervous but they atmosphere was very relaxing and they offered me coffee several times. Since this particular Starbucks was located at a four star hotel, they informed me that I needed to speak to Human Resources to make sure I was up for the job. After doing that I was hired on the spot. I really liked the process even if it was a more involved that I thought (probably because it's at a hotel) and from what I can see it seems the company treats it's partners well.

Interview Questions

• What do you think you can contribute to this company?   Answer Question
    • Was there a time when you received exceptional customer service, and what made it so special?   Answer Question
    • Was there a time you had difficulty with a co-worker? If so, how did you resolve it?   Answer Question