Starbucks Starbucks-Barista Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Starbucks Starbucks-Barista Interview Questions

Updated May 29, 2017

2.2

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Interview

They ask you questions about why you interested in Starbucks and if you're a good fit culturally within the organization. The questions are not too hard. They also ask you behavioral questions to see your leadership abilities

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Starbucks

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Starbucks (Pittsburgh, PA).

Interview

They gave me a chance even though I had a criminal record, and I ended up being promoted to Shift Supervisor in less than 6 months! They weren't judgemental and really worked with me on my tight schedule as well.

Interview Questions

• They asked for one reason why they should me a chance   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Starbucks (Houston, TX) in January 2017.

Interview

The manager welcomed me warmly and sat down with me while looking the resume I had submitted, asking a few questions about myself and the reason I chose this specific company and this job. We then chatted some more and he told me they are going to run a background check on me.

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Starbucks (Nashville, TN) in January 2017.

Interview

We got coffee then briefly went over my job history and education. Then the store manager asked me some questions and we concluded the interview. The questions weren't very complex. They skimmed over my work experience and were basic behavioral employee questions.

Interview Questions

• What is an experience that you've had where you had to work with your team towards a particular goal?   Answer Question

Barista - Starbucks Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Starbucks.

Interview

I applied online for five stores and waited for a callback in order to schedule an interview. I came in, in person with a resume and was offered a free drink. They asked a few questions about you and your previous work, then asked about my availability. She called back a week later for a second interview.

Interview Questions

• Name a time that a coworker was being difficult and how did you respond?   Answer Question
    • What brings you to Starbucks in particular?   1 Answer

Barista - Starbucks Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Starbucks.

Interview

Brief interview by a genuinely kind and friendly store manager with the best of intentions.My interview was more about selling working for Starbucks to me, and her Starbucks experience.The excellent benefits of college tuition reimbursement, 401k, free food and drinks per shift, and potential advancements opportunities within the company.

Interview Questions

• Why do I want to work for Starbucks?   1 Answer

Barista - Starbucks Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Starbucks.

Interview

Simple and easy interview with the hiring manager at the location you applied to. Come in and ask an employee to notify the store manager of your arrival, typically the employee asks if you'd like a drink on the house while you wait.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any knowledge of the Starbucks company or drinks?   Answer Question
    • How do you deal with stressful situations/customers?   Answer Question

Barista - Starbucks Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Starbucks.

Interview

The store I applied for is always busy, it took them a long time to get through to my application and even longer to get my background check done. Just be patient.. The interview is fairly simple, just be prepared we basic interview questions ready to go.

Barista - Starbucks Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Starbucks.

Interview

I attended the hiring event and the hiring manager will ask your availability, experience, which city of preference. It was a brief interview because there other people waiting in line to be called for an interview as well.

Interview Questions

• What days can you work? Why do you want to work with Starbucks? etc   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Silver Spring, MD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Starbucks (Silver Spring, MD).

Interview

Someone sits you down and begins to ask you a series of questions mostly just brief and should not take long then asks if you have any questions for them then offers a free drink on your way out

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of a time you provided excellent customer service   Answer Question

See What Starbucks Employees Are Saying

Star Star Star Star Star   Current Barista in Pueblo, CO

Pros: “The Starbucks company treats their employees, or partners, extremely well. The term "partner" is used because by working for Starbucks, the company gives you free stocks after a...”“The Starbucks company treats their employees, or partners, extremely well. The term "partner" is used because by working for Starbucks, the company gives you free stocks after a year of working there. It's called Bean Stock. You can do what you please with the stocks, which is very unique and not seen in very many companies. Also, if a disastrous life event takes place, Starbucks is willing to pay for six therapy treatments for its employees as well as do fundraisers for them. Dental care is also included. A couple more benefits are free drinks and food every day for employees while on shift. I am proud to be a partner!” – Full Review