Starbucks Starbucks-Barista Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Starbucks

1,356 Interview Reviews

2.2

Barista - Starbucks Interview

Interview

There were a group of managers gathering at a central Starbucks location interviewing for new baristas at their respective stores. It was a casual process where they asked how I would handle certain situations. I was only denied an offer because I was in need of a summer job and they were looking for long-term hires.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if a client was displeased with their order?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Starbucks

Barista - Starbucks Interview

Interview

Talked to manager, very straightforward. Among other things, asked what I would do if a customer was misbehaving? I would ask them politely to stop. If they did not stop, ask them politely to leave. If they did not leave, threaten to call security.

Asked what I would do if the customer didn't like their beverage when I could see there was nothing wrong with it? I said coolly make another, don't argue.

Those were my answers.

And the usual stuff, are you ok managing money at cash register? Can you get here on time? Are you a team player?

Interview Questions

• Can you be flexible, take a shift or two at the last minute if that happens?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Starbucks (Cincinnati, OH).

Interview

Easy going. The people were very nice. Able to create small talk easily. Just want to get a sense of character you are and are capable to be in high stress environment

Interview Questions

• Name a time you were in a difficult situation and how did you handle it   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in West Springfield, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Starbucks (West Springfield, VA) in November 2019.

Interview

My interview was fast and easy. Met store manager in store lobby after getting a drink for myself. Talked about my self and past experiences, and how they could have prepared me for work at Starbucks. Was extended offer at the end of the interview.

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Starbucks (Dallas, TX) in November 2019.

Interview

It was pretty quick, mostly was looking for someone who could show up on time. No phone interview, was immediately invited for a F2F. They offer you a drink, then sit you down in the cafe.

Interview Questions

• Was there ever a situation where you and a coworker had a disagreement, if so, was it and how was it resolved?   Answer Question
    • Was there a time where you had to handle a difficult customer? If so, how did you handle the situation?   Answer Question
    • What's one of your favorite Starbucks drinks?   Answer Question

Barista - Starbucks Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Starbucks.

Interview

Interview process can be different, but on my experience, it was very friendly, easy going, conversational, they do ask a few questions, nothing seriously. Main questions surface around why they should hire you for Starbucks.

Interview Questions

• "Tell me about yourself."

"Why would you be a good attribute to the team?"   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Starbucks (Las Vegas, NV).

Interview

Quick, simple, behavioral based questions. manager was very pleasant and straight forward. Questions were easy to answer if you have a customer service background. Interview was 1:1 with the store manager.

Barista - Starbucks Interview

Interview

It was very straightforward. Asked about relative experience in customer-facing situations as well as leadership questions. I spoke with the manager at the store and was asked personality questions as well, such has how my friends would describe me.

Anonymous Employee in Spokane, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Starbucks (Spokane, WA) in October 2019.

Interview

Questions about my previous work history and what impacts I have made to improve the company as a whole. I was given a series of questions to possible scenarios. What would be my game plan of approach to each of these situations occurring on an everyday basis.

Interview Questions

• How would I handle an upset customer.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Starbucks (Plano, TX) in October 2019.

Interview

It was a very chill experience, and the manager is a very nice person who was not demanding in any way. She asked me some simple questions and they were not tricky at all. Great interview.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Starbucks?   1 Answer