Starbucks Starbucks-Barista Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 19, 2018

2.2

966 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Barrington, RI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Starbucks (Barrington, RI) in November 2017.

Interview

Standard questions. I will note that there was a miscommunication. When interviewing I asked “is this a temporary holiday job” and they replied “yes”. After hiring I received a “we never had that conversation”. It’s an obvious miscommunication however it’s planned out to be costly for me.

Interview Questions

• How do you make it right with the customer if they’re unhappy?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Starbucks

Anonymous Employee in Sterling Heights, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Starbucks (Sterling Heights, MI).

Interview

Online application with a sit down interview with manager in store lobby. Most questions based around teamwork and how you would handle situations. Dress business casual/professional, tattoos, dyed hair are alright. Starbucks requires a background check which took approx 1 week.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you and a coworker did not agree. How did you handle the situation?   Answer Question

Barista - Starbucks Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Starbucks.

Interview

Really easy going, basic questions such as what would you do in this situation, interviewed in the starbucks lobby, got a call back within the week of interviewing. The manager was really nice and she cares for numbers and her employees as well.

Anonymous Employee in Walnut Creek, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Starbucks (Walnut Creek, CA) in October 2017.

Interview

The interview took 10-15 mins. And she was super awesome. She seems interested in my life not just asking me questions about the company. She wasn't hard to talk to. She made it easy for me to answer her questions since she seems so friendly not like other interviews that looks so intimidating.

Interview Questions

• Tell me something about yourself work and non-work related   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Perris, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Starbucks (Perris, CA) in October 2017.

Interview

I applied online and was called about 2 weeks later to set up an interview.
    I interviewed with the store manager. She interviewed two of us at once - asking questions from a list. She was very nice and polite.

Interview Questions

• If you saw an employee doing something they weren't supposed to, would you tell them something?   1 Answer
    • How would you handle a difficult customer?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Starbucks (San Francisco, CA) in October 2017.

Interview

You get a call from the manager. You call them back and they do a pre secreening. They tell you the pay rate which is shockingly low for San Francisco. it's 14.25 plus tips. You at least get health insurance, food, coffee, discounts and stock options. They rarely offer full time but I accepted a minimum of 30 hours a week.

Barista - Starbucks Interview

Interview

Awesome interview, great dialogue with manager. Setting was casual, manager seemed very interested in getting to know me and discuss my previous experience. We talked about culture, team atmosphere. I gave some of insight on coffee culture and the manager loved that.

Interview Questions

• What does customer service mean to you?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Starbucks (Tampa, FL).

Interview

It went very straightforward, interview with store manager and was called back within a week. It did help to call the store and ask for the manager, 'office' day typically on Mondays for Starbucks so early part of the week the Store managers are usually only focused on these duties.

Interview Questions

• Very important to know something about starbucks- not customer wise but they are very proud of their company and expect you to know SOMETHING about their founding.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Starbucks (Portland, OR) in September 2017.

Interview

Applied online through Starbucks website to a specific Starbucks location I wanted to work at. The manager of the location called me a few days later to conduct a very short phone "interview" and invited me to do an interview in person. In person interview was very fast with simple questions (ex. "Why did you choose Starbucks?"). He said he liked me and told me that we just needed to conduct a background check online. Results came back in a day and I was offered the job.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to complete a task on the job that you did not want to do? How did you handle it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Latrobe, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Starbucks (Latrobe, PA) in September 2017.

Interview

After being offered a free coffee, sat down with the manager at one of the tables in store and engaged in small talk and getting to know one another. Afterwards, she asked several questions about prior work experience and how would I react in hypothetical scenarios. After a series of questions, I was offered the job and I continued the application process by permitting a background check.

Interview Questions

• A customer comes to you and says they got the wrong drink, but you're almost positive that you made the right one. What do you do?   Answer Question