Starbucks Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 17, 2017
3,769 Interview Reviews

2.3

Barista Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Starbucks.

Interview

Very rigid outline of questions but the manager gave a lot of space for conversation and connection. I had to apply online and then follow up with manager about an interview. She had a lot of issues with turnover so she asked me about where I saw myself in the next year.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a time you dealt with a rude customer.   Answer Question

Barista Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Starbucks.

Interview

There was an open house so I showed up to the designated Starbucks and waited to be seen. Waited almost 40 minutes then 1 out of 3 managers came to interview me. We went outside and talked. Took about 30 minutes and was contacted within 2 days.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Starbucks?   1 Answer

BA Interview

Interview

Very personal. Had coffee and chatted with a supervisor. They want inclusive individuals and team players. They might walk you through the store and make sure you feel comfortable with the machines.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Starbucks (San Diego, CA).

Interview

Applied online, then went into the location I applied and asked to speak to the manager. I told her that I had applied and was interested in the position and she gave me an interview date.
    I came back a few days later and had the interview.
    I thought the interview went okay, although there was a drug arrest in the middle of it, but i didn't end up getting the position

Interview Questions

• What's a product you're passionate about? Try to sell it to me.   Answer Question
    • Do you food service/barista experience?   Answer Question
    • What would you do if you were asked to promote or sell a product you personally dislike to a customer?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Suffolk, VA

Interview

Filled out application . I then called for an interview. Went on my interview and blurted out the mission statement and showed that I was available at any time. The manager was very impressed and told me that he would send the background check papers to my email . Still waiting on that email as we speak.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Starbucks (Las Vegas, NV).

Interview

I applied online and got a call about two weeks later and the guy interviewed me on the phone and invited me for another interview the next day. the interview went pretty well, they told me they'd call me back in a week and they never did.

Barista Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Starbucks.

Interview

I met with the manager at her store. She asked me questions regarding customer service mostly. I was later asked if I would be willing to apply as a shift supervisor. I only had a small amount of experience in management, but a lot of customer service experience. She was hands-down the best manager I have ever had and she trained me very well.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if a customer was not satisfied with their beverage?   1 Answer

Barista Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Starbucks.

Interview

Easy phone interview - a woman called me midday in a seemingly busy work environment to ask me a few questions about my availability and that was about it. At that point I was already hired, but my availability did not match because I was a student and I ended up not being able to work around my schedule to work for them.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Antioch, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Starbucks (Antioch, CA).

Interview

I have renewed my application three times now and I still haven't heard of them. I called 4 stores near me and they always say they're not hiring or their manager is not there or not available. Everytime I call the person on the other line are so mean (usually girls) when I asked they seemed rushing me. I Do understand that they might be busy but the disrespect I get from calling everytime made me not to continue applying. I start applying in January 2017 and It's July now :(

Barista Interview

Interview

I don't remember if I applied in person or online. Regardless I got a phone call to come in for an interview. Interview was standard and basic. The manager asked about my availability and previous work experiences along with a couple of interview questions. After the interview she told me that she would call or email me on a specific day. That day came and I never got an email or a phone call.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Starbucks?   1 Answer