Starbucks Starbucks-Barista Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Starbucks Starbucks-Barista Interview Questions

Updated Jun 26, 2017

2.2

Barista - Starbucks Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Starbucks.

Interview

I attended the hiring event and the hiring manager will ask your availability, experience, which city of preference. It was a brief interview because there other people waiting in line to be called for an interview as well.

Interview Questions

• What days can you work? Why do you want to work with Starbucks? etc   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Starbucks

Anonymous Employee in Silver Spring, MD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Starbucks (Silver Spring, MD).

Interview

Someone sits you down and begins to ask you a series of questions mostly just brief and should not take long then asks if you have any questions for them then offers a free drink on your way out

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of a time you provided excellent customer service   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Starbucks (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

Online application, submit up to 6 stores at once. Once in system anyone can retrieve it. Follow up with location of choice, express your availability and go in and introduce yourself to store manager.

Barista - Starbucks Interview

Interview

Applied online, got a call inviting me to an interview. The interview was held at the Starbucks location I applied for where I was asked various questions and filled out an availability form. After a week or so waiting for the background check to go through, I received a call offering me the job.

Interview Questions

• Try to sell me something. Choose anything and make a pitch that will make me want to buy it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Starbucks (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

Walked in manager introduced himself. Only asked about my last employer and why I wanted to leave. Told me about changes in the company and his experience within the company as well. I had been a previous employer two years ago so I explained that I knew the job well and then he told me he liked me and I was hired on the spot .

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to leave your previous employer   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Jackson, MS

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Starbucks (Jackson, MS) in October 2016.

Interview

Was offered a complimentary drink before the interview. Briefly discussed my previous work experience and was particularly interested in my customer service experience. We discussed my availability and my schedule as well as the basic requirements for the position. We went over the new dress code implemented by the company and it was relaxing and not stressful where I was worried about being hit with difficult questions. Interview was very comfortable and we discussed pay, benefits, and other perks of becoming an employee for the company.

Anonymous Employee in Alpharetta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Starbucks (Alpharetta, GA) in October 2016.

Interview

The interview process was very laid back not long and structured with 20+ questions like an typical interview at Walmart or target for example. I felt it to be more personal and straight to the point about why you want to work there and the type of person you are.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Starbucks?
      Tell me a time when you had an unsatisfied customer and you couldn't resolve her problem, what did you do?
      Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Starbucks (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

i handed in my resume and got the interview done same day and i was supposed to come back for a second one but i never did it they just called me into fill out paper work one day then two weeks later i was a partner

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for starbucks   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Starbucks (Santa Clara, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

Apply online, get a call and most likely get hired on the spot. Starbucks is technically always hiring so 80% of the time you'll get hired. Especially the realy busy one. After you accept the offer, they run a quick background and then you'll start training.

Interview Questions

• What's your availability?
      Are you comfortable working at a fast paced environment?
      Give an example of bad customer service
      Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Bruno, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Starbucks (San Bruno, CA).

Interview

Easy going, they want to get to know you. Be yourself and make sure you tell them how much love coffee. Used to be uniqueness they looked for, not sure now.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Starbucks?   1 Answer