Starbucks Interview Questions | Glassdoor

3,712 Interview Reviews

2.3

Network Analyst I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Starbucks (Seattle, WA) in June 2017.

Interview

Submitted a resume to a staffing agency. I was contacted and told the job was on hold, the was contacted about 4 weeks later. The staffing agency provided a time, along with an e-mail with instructions to contact the manager. The phone interview with department manager. The interview lasted about 25 minutes. I contacted the staffing agency afterward. No word on the position, nor offer at the end of the phone interview.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between a Cisco Router and Juniper Router?   1 Answer
    • What were your responsibilities in other technical positions?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Kenosha, WI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Starbucks (Kenosha, WI) in June 2017.

Interview

I applied online at the beginning of May, I called following up and was offered an interview for the next week. Interview was simple, offered me a drink which I accepted. Manager was nice, Interview was around 15-20 min.

Anonymous Employee in Rochester, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Starbucks (Rochester, MI) in June 2017.

Interview

A very pleasant and relaxed experience. I arrived 15 minutes early and was offered a complimentary drink while I waited. The store manager was coming in from another store. She was very personable and made the interview feel like a friendly conversation. Felt very laid back but professional. She hired me right on the spot and took information for the background check.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hot Springs, AR

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Starbucks (Hot Springs, AR) in June 2017.

Interview

Application was done online. I went into the store a few times to pass the message along and to confirm that my application was received. I was called 2 weeks later. By then, I'd found other steady employment during what would have been their busy hours. They had the courtesy to complete the interview with me despite my not being available for the hours they were hoping to fill in case they wanted to negotiate for my time. They asked only some from a longer list of questions, which appeared to be standard employment questions, but enough to get a good insight of their employees. Friendly experience. Would be glad to apply with them again.

Cashier/Barista Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Starbucks (Phoenix, AZ) in June 2017.

Interview

I was called by someone at Starbucks. They introduced themselves and asked me why I wanted to work at Starbucks. After my answer he only said "thank you" and ended the call with no other information.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Starbucks?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Troy, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Starbucks (Troy, MI) in June 2017.

Interview

The entire was very casual. My interviewer really just wanted to know what kind of person I was and my personality type. My interviewer also made sure that I was super comfortable, overall all it was kind of fun.

Interview Questions

• Tell Me about yourself.   Answer Question
    • What would you do if someone said you gave them the wrong drink, even through the drink label is correct.   Answer Question

Shift Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kirkland, WA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Starbucks (Kirkland, WA) in June 2017.

Interview

Super easy, basically wants to know if you can handle pressure and direct an optimal store floor. discussed the basics of what the job entailed and asked questions about potential scenarios you will face in that position.

Interview Questions

• What do you do when a barista that is your friend shows up late or does something ridiculous?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Lutherville Timonium, MD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Starbucks (Lutherville Timonium, MD) in June 2017.

Interview

I called and scheduled an interview for the following week, I got there about 15 mins early and was offered a free drink (Take it and say it the barista way it makes you look good) I stood and waited and he came out after 10 mins of waiting, it was more senario based questions like what would you do and all that. He also asked a lot about times I received bad costomer service and what I would do to improve them. Overall, easy interview you just got to learn all the tricks and you should be good to go! Also you should always have a smile they are looking for perky people!

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a regular you would have at your old job?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Berkeley, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Starbucks (Berkeley, CA) in June 2017.

Interview

Interview process took 4 weeks due to disorganization and lack of communication between managers. Overall was a pleasant experience apart from this. Following the first interview, the manager who interviewed me did a great job keeping me in the loop about the timeframe.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Starbucks (Los Angeles, CA) in June 2017.

Interview

Got called a week after I applied and was asked the interview questions right then and there on the phone. The manager on the phone had interviewed me before previously and he knew me so we just got straight into the interview and he sounded optimistic about giving me the job until I told him I had to go to college in 3 months which caused him to refer me to another interview a week later at another store. I went into the store and interviewed with the manager there and got asked basically the same questions and came out confident, but unfortunately it's been a month and still no call.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you had a disagreement with a co-worker and how did you resolve it?   Answer Question