Starbucks Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Starbucks

5,457 Interview Reviews

2.2

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Starbucks (Seattle, WA) in October 2014.

Interview

It was an internal promotion so the interview process consisted of two "practice assessments" and then a formal interview- the formal interview is with 2 District Managers and lasted about 30 minutes.
    Starbucks interviews are baised on your ability to tell stories that point out your ability to work with others, solve problems etc.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you received unsolicited feedback, What was the situation and what was the outcome?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Centennial, CO

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Starbucks (Centennial, CO).

Interview

Interviewed by Managers at a job fair inside a store. Because of my experience and interest in management I moved on in the process to interview with District Manager. That interview was several days later also inside a store. I was offered a position pending successful background check and references checking out.

Interview Questions

Interview

The interview process was ok, your run of the mill basic questions. I interviewed for an assistant management position but was offered a shift supervisor position to get experience first.

Interview Questions

• What was the most surprising thing on the job description?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was asked how much I wanted to make and I was placed where I was going to have the opportunity to move up

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Starbucks in January 2015.

Interview

I applied online through there website and the following week the recruiter emailed me to set up a phone interview. After the phone interview, she sent me another E-mail with dates to meet with 2 district managers. When I got to the interview site, one manager was asking questions and the other manager was taking notes.

Interview Questions

• All Behavioral and some customer service questions. They want real life examples!   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Silver Spring, MD

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Starbucks (Silver Spring, MD) in August 2011.

Interview

Was hired as a barista, very concise behavioral interview. When being promoted to supervisor, I was interviewed by my store and then district manager. For the assistant position, I was only interviewed by a neighboring DM (I had worked for my DM for 2 years at that point so I think she felt confident about me, normally the DM and a second DM would interview).

Anonymous Employee in Alabaster, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Starbucks (Alabaster, AL) in March 2012.

Interview

I actually read glassdoor.com before I went on my interview and it was almost on point. The first interview was a phone interview and the second interview was with the district manager. I was told that there were supposed to be 2 district managers but they are so busy.

Interview Questions

• The first, phone, interview, the questions were very specific. First question was what did you know about the company and the CEO.   1 Answer
    • The other phone interview questions were very specific to management and your management style.   1 Answer
    • I was asked remember a specific situation about addressing an employee with an uncomfortable situation.   1 Answer
    • The second interview is good but you have to be careful. I interviewed with the district manager and we sat down and had coffee which of course makes you comfortable! The questions where more about you, volunteering, what your future plans are.   1 Answer
    • I wasn't sent to meeting with the store manager. Not really an interview just really a conversation. No really direct questions.   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Starbucks.

Interview

Met two district managers at a Starbucks and felt at ease and actually was a really great experience. They both asked me situational questions. I.e. Describe a time when you had to say no to something, and what was the outcome.

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Starbucks (Miami, FL) in May 2015.

Interview

The interviewers were both amazing people who were passionate about people and achieving the highest of standards. They were very thorough in their questions and asked for specific examples of situations I have handled in my previous or current employment experiences. The first step was to complete the application online followed by a Virtual Job Tryout involving Employee and Customer Situations, a timed analysis of an actual P&L statement with multiple choice responses, followed by a 100+ question test that analyzes again how you would most likely handle situations or how you feel. If you're not great with numbers, specifically with analyzing P&L statements, it can be quite challenging to do well on this part of the virtual tryout so be ready with a calculator and scratch paper with the ability to calculate percentages.

The Job Tryout was followed by a phone interview with the recruiter to talk more about your experience and job history. This is your time to shine and share why you would be the best fit for Starbucks and what your key strengths and abilities are. Be honest and have fun! This was followed by more situational questions very similar to the Virtual Job Tryout. After a successful phone interview, you are invited to meet with the District Manager.

I would highly suggest arriving early for your DM interview or even visiting the day before to the location to observe the team in action. I arrived about an hour early and was offered a free drink while I waited. This is a great opportunity to observe the team in action and get a feel for the operations which can be cited throughout your interview. The DM interview covered my experience listed on my resume and why I wanted to join the Starbucks team. This was followed by more situational questions asking about specific examples you have encountered in your current or previous positions. The interview is very similar to the phone interview but is even more of an opportunity to connect with someone who is obviously going to be right in front of you. Be honest, energetic, and confident in who you are.

I was notified the same day of my DM interview that I was offered the position from the Recruiter who I had the phone interview with. Background check will be emailed as long as you accept the offer and will be made official once you pass the check.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that you received unsolicited feedback from an employee. What was the feedback and how did you take it? What did you do to fix it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Starbucks (Atlanta, GA) in March 2012.

Interview

First you fill out an online application and complete a virtual interview. Then you are contacted by a recruiter who interviews you on the phone, discusses the company and the position. The recruiter will tell you right away if they want to move forward. Then you interview with two District Managers in person. They will contact you within a week if they want to move forward. Lastly, you meet with two store managers for an interview. Finally the recruiter will call you and make an offer pending a background check.

Interview Questions

• What kind of things do you do in your life to develop yourself and others continuously?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Starbucks (Seattle, WA) in April 2015.

Interview

I applied online and about a week later, I got an email about a phone interview. I was asked questions about my current position and how I work with my team, customers, and handle sales, ordering, promotions and paperwork as well as scheduling concerning the position.

I guess the person interviewing me didn't like that I was from a licensed Starbucks store because he cut me off mid interview and started going on about the company and the individual stores and how they are different to where I currently work. He talked for about 10 minutes while I listened and then he said that even thought I have 2 years of Starbucks management experience, I might be good at starting as a barista and working my way up in a corporate store. And then he said he would send me a link to other job opportunities (in which he did) and that was it. I didn't like that I was being overlooked because I didn't have management experience from a corporate store.

Interview Questions

• How do you schedule your partners, based on what? How do you know what to order? What do you look for in a future partner during an interview? Provide an example in which you had to coach a partner about something they are doing wrong?   1 Answer