Starbucks Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 26, 2017
3,444 Interview Reviews

2.3

Barista Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Starbucks in January 2017.

Interview

The interview process was very easy and relaxed. It felt like the interviewer was trying to get to know you and the type of person you are and choices you make.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lusby, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Starbucks (Lusby, MD) in January 2017.

Interview

The interview process was very easy. I was able to present my resume to the manager at the time, and it was a great experience. The atmosphere felt very humbling.

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Starbucks (Raleigh, NC) in January 2017.

Interview

I received an email regarding the date of the phone interview and then received a phone interview. The process was very non personal. I am not sure what else so say but to move forward with your process, I have to have 30 words

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Starbucks (New York, NY).

Interview

They ask you about yourself and previous jobs you've held. They want to know your interest with the company and how you can make it better. Then they give you a few different scenarios to explain what you would do to kinda see how you would handle things.

Interview Questions

• How could I help make this store better?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Starbucks (New York, NY).

Interview

I emailed the hiring manager and she set up an interview. Two female leads interviewed me and it was very casual. I got the offer about a few days later.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Starbucks (New York, NY).

Interview

Called in for an interview, took about one week to get hired. I had to go through background checks. The typical interview process. It was pretty easy. The management was pretty cool.

Interview Questions

• What are your strengths and weaknesses? Why would you like to work at starbucks? Do you enjoy drinking coffee?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Petersburg, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Starbucks (Saint Petersburg, FL) in December 2016.

Interview

I applied online, and got a call from the hiring manager the next day. He asked me some basic questions. We scheduled an interview for 1pm 2 days from then. That happened to be my birthday, but I agreed. I went in about 10 min early, told the cashier I was there for my interview, he said okay and good luck, gave me my free interview drink, and I sat down. I waited for an hour. I told the same cashier I had to leave then left. Haven't heard back since.

Interview Questions

• What kind of atmosphere do we have?   1 Answer
    • Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Starbucks.

Interview

Submitted application online first. Followed up by store manager. Face-to-face interviewed with store manager and area manager or area director. All of them were very nice during interview. After interviewed, I received a phone call from store manager to tell me that I was hired. And the manager also told me the job details, including salary and benefits, on the phone.

Interview Questions

• What did you do for your previous job? What is your leadership type?   Answer Question

Barista Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Starbucks.

Interview

The interview process was pretty easy. It did not feel like an interview at all! It was more like a conversation. They just asked questions about past work situations. They also asked me what days and times I would be available.

Barista - Starbucks Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Starbucks.

Interview

I applied online for five stores and waited for a callback in order to schedule an interview. I came in, in person with a resume and was offered a free drink. They asked a few questions about you and your previous work, then asked about my availability. She called back a week later for a second interview.

Interview Questions

• Name a time that a coworker was being difficult and how did you respond?   Answer Question
    • What brings you to Starbucks in particular?   1 Answer