Starbucks Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 18, 2017
3,943 Interview Reviews

2.3

Barista Interview

Interview

You are called in for an interview. They seem interested in hiring younger folks, e.g. people in their twenties, as most of their workers are young. Yet they also seem interested in retention, people who will stay over the long term.

Anonymous Employee in Fairfield, NJ

Interview

Was very structured and questions were read off of prepared questions for all starbucks interviews. Be able to refer to past experiences in jobs and keep in mind that your job consists of customer service. Be a people pleaser!

Infrastructure Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Starbucks (Seattle, WA).

Interview

Applied online via their ATS platform, a recruiter connected with me a few days later and asked several generic questions, then have their recruiting assistant go over scheduling details for an onsite interview at their SoDo HQ with four individuals in the same team plus hiring manager/team lead.
    Allow me to get to the point (I'm sure some of you will appreciate this) - overall experience was not challenging nor engaging. I was just asked generic questions; I think, they were just trying to get a feel of my personality.
    Fast-forward to hiring manager interview slot, 90% of his questions didn't relate to my resume, past experiences, etc., just off topic questions, which was weird/awkward and very unprofessional. My impression of him? Waste of time. Want to know about his topics?: His favorite Chinese restaurant and local foods.
    I wasn't offered the role, but looking back, I'd probably would have left or transferred to a different team, if I was.

Interview Questions

• If you are working with X size of pipe/conduit, how many cables/wires can fit in?   1 Answer
    • Where do you live?   1 Answer

Program Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Starbucks.

Interview

Interview Questions

• phone screening, team interview, with 4 -6 for a half day, not too basd, something around your backgroudn and skills, good managers, via skyp,e and in person, good talk amd reults, taken care of by HR and team leader   Answer Question

Starbucks Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Warner Robins, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Starbucks (Warner Robins, GA) in August 2017.

Interview

I submitted my resume and a few days later, I was contacted by the recruiter. She was very upbeat, energetic and very transparent about the whole process following our interview.

I was interviewed by two district managers a week later. The two district managers I interviewed with were very passionate about the company and both had great career growth stories to share.

After that interview, I was told I would need to interview with the regional director. There was a bit of a delay with that appointment but the recruiter reached out to me and explained what was going on and why it was taking so long.

I finally did have an interview with a district manager who was filling in for the regional director while she was out on vacation. This district manager was much like the others I spoke to. Had passion for the company and was able to relate to my background.

During this whole process, I will say that everyone was very kind, passionate and transparent. Very professional and easy to talk to.

Interview Questions

• How do you manage multiple tasks in a busy environment?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Hot Springs National Park, AR

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Starbucks (Hot Springs National Park, AR).

Interview

The first interview was done in store, and the second over the phone. Both were very laid back. In store, I was offered a drink first and had about a 30 minute interview. A week later I had a second, and was offered the position.

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Starbucks (Portland, OR).

Interview

IF a store manager gives you an interview they usually higher you on the spot. Unless they see something they dont like. Go into the store and introduce yourself. Be very excited and bubbly and you should get the job if there are any openings.

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with a problem customer?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Starbucks (Seattle, WA) in August 2017.

Interview

I had a phone screening which was like a mini interview. After that she invited me to go to an inperson interview which was a couple days later. I wore nice black skinny jeggings and a black blouse and black flats. I checked in and they gave me a goody bag. Then i sat down with two girls and they were friendly and immediately started asking me the questions. TIP: before the interview i spent a lot of time writing down the interview questions that ppl post on glassdoor. Then i had ppl ask me them over and over until i would know what to respond. That helped so much because the questions they asked me were basically those VERY questions, slight variations. You want to have an arsenal of answers.. because it is hard to think of them on the spot and you dont want to be speechless. Sit tall and talk confidently. It's not that hard I said um a bunch of times and sometimes my answers were a little rambly but it was fine. Be prepared to talk a lot about teamwork and customer service, those are big ones. Practice practice practice. Most importantly pray in jesus name and He will hear you! Thank you Father in heaven and thank you glassdoor!

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself?   Answer Question
    • Why Starbucks?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time where you had to use strong teamwork capabilities.   Answer Question
    • How would you deal with a difficult customer or someone who said their drink was made wrong?   Answer Question
    • Customer connection is really important at starbucks, what is a time where you displayed strong skills in customer connection (customer service)   Answer Question

Barista Interview

Interview

They were very thorough and friendly. They answered all my questions and discussed lots of possible scenarios during the work shifts. They explained the mission of starbucks as well as potential advancement.

Interview Questions

• What's your favorite thing about working for the public?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Skokie, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Starbucks (Skokie, IL).

Interview

I applied online.
    I got called in by the store manager for a face-to-face interview. She was able to meet with me within the next few days of her phone call.
    Interview was basic and simple, lasted less than 30 minutes. I also got a free drink for the interview!