Starbucks Interview Questions | Glassdoor

4,015 Interview Reviews

2.3

Barista - Starbucks Interview

Anonymous Employee in Latrobe, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Starbucks (Latrobe, PA) in September 2017.

Interview

After being offered a free coffee, sat down with the manager at one of the tables in store and engaged in small talk and getting to know one another. Afterwards, she asked several questions about prior work experience and how would I react in hypothetical scenarios. After a series of questions, I was offered the job and I continued the application process by permitting a background check.

Interview Questions

• A customer comes to you and says they got the wrong drink, but you're almost positive that you made the right one. What do you do?   Answer Question

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denham Springs, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Starbucks (Denham Springs, LA) in September 2017.

Interview

The process began with a phone interview with a recruiter. I felt really positive about the experience, and it led to me getting scheduled for a face to face interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a team member that you developed, and what was the result   1 Answer

Barista - Starbucks Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Starbucks (Orlando, FL) in September 2017.

Interview

After applying online you follow up in person with the manager at the store you want to work at. An interview was scheduled easily after that. The interview was relaxed and casual and held inside the store. It lasted about 20-30 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Starbucks?   1 Answer

Barista Interview

Interview

You are called in for an interview. They seem interested in hiring younger folks, e.g. people in their twenties, as most of their workers are young. Yet they also seem interested in retention, people who will stay over the long term.

Cashier/Barista Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Starbucks (Fort Lauderdale, FL).

Interview

Normally If they call you in for an interview, they pretty much already planned on hiring you and most of the time you're hired on the spot. Very easy overall, with basic questions.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you had shared your ideas with your team or someone above you.   Answer Question
    • How would you deal with a customer who complained about their drink?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Fairfield, NJ

Interview

Was very structured and questions were read off of prepared questions for all starbucks interviews. Be able to refer to past experiences in jobs and keep in mind that your job consists of customer service. Be a people pleaser!

Infrastructure Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Starbucks (Seattle, WA).

Interview

Applied online via their ATS platform, a recruiter connected with me a few days later and asked several generic questions, then have their recruiting assistant go over scheduling details for an onsite interview at their SoDo HQ with four individuals in the same team plus hiring manager/team lead.
    Allow me to get to the point (I'm sure some of you will appreciate this) - overall experience was not challenging nor engaging. I was just asked generic questions; I think, they were just trying to get a feel of my personality.
    Fast-forward to hiring manager interview slot, 90% of his questions didn't relate to my resume, past experiences, etc., just off topic questions, which was weird/awkward and very unprofessional. My impression of him? Waste of time. Want to know about his topics?: His favorite Chinese restaurant and local foods.
    I wasn't offered the role, but looking back, I'd probably would have left or transferred to a different team, if I was.

Interview Questions

• If you are working with X size of pipe/conduit, how many cables/wires can fit in?   1 Answer
    • Where do you live?   1 Answer

Program Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Starbucks.

Interview

Interview Questions

• phone screening, team interview, with 4 -6 for a half day, not too basd, something around your backgroudn and skills, good managers, via skyp,e and in person, good talk amd reults, taken care of by HR and team leader   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Hot Springs National Park, AR

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Starbucks (Hot Springs National Park, AR).

Interview

The first interview was done in store, and the second over the phone. Both were very laid back. In store, I was offered a drink first and had about a 30 minute interview. A week later I had a second, and was offered the position.

Starbucks Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Warner Robins, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Starbucks (Warner Robins, GA) in August 2017.

Interview

I submitted my resume and a few days later, I was contacted by the recruiter. She was very upbeat, energetic and very transparent about the whole process following our interview.

I was interviewed by two district managers a week later. The two district managers I interviewed with were very passionate about the company and both had great career growth stories to share.

After that interview, I was told I would need to interview with the regional director. There was a bit of a delay with that appointment but the recruiter reached out to me and explained what was going on and why it was taking so long.

I finally did have an interview with a district manager who was filling in for the regional director while she was out on vacation. This district manager was much like the others I spoke to. Had passion for the company and was able to relate to my background.

During this whole process, I will say that everyone was very kind, passionate and transparent. Very professional and easy to talk to.

Interview Questions

• How do you manage multiple tasks in a busy environment?   Answer Question