Starbucks Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 29, 2017
3,454 Interview Reviews

2.3

Barista Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Starbucks.

Interview

Apply online for five stores and wait for a store manager to call to schedule an interview in store. Better if you follow up via phone call or in person with a resume. You get a free drink when you come in for interview. Asked a few 1-3 questions to get to know you, then 3-7 questions about previous experiences, then asked about availability, including commitments to work over the next 6 months including holidays. Then given the opportunity to ask the store manager questions. Job offer will either follow the interview, or they will call after completing a series of interviews.

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Starbucks (Cleveland, OH).

Interview

The DM was late for the interview because she was meeting a man in the location. I observed her hugging him, visibly upset. Then she had me fill out some essay questions on paper. I asked about basic expectations like what stores should comp YOY, and she couldn't answer. She didnt seem to know much. Very odd experience.

Interview Questions

• Are you okay with being a working manager... A couple hrs a week to schedule, otherwise working on the floor.   Answer Question

R&D Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Starbucks.

Interview

I applied through my schools website and they interview me over the phone. They called a few weeks later with the offer. It was a pretty simple process considering I never went into the office for an onsite interview. My phone interview was with two employees from the R&D sector.

Interview Questions

• Q: Give an example of a time where you resolved a conflict?
      Other generic behavioral questions
      Answer Question

Barista - Starbucks Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Starbucks.

Interview

Simple and easy interview with the hiring manager at the location you applied to. Come in and ask an employee to notify the store manager of your arrival, typically the employee asks if you'd like a drink on the house while you wait.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any knowledge of the Starbucks company or drinks?   Answer Question
    • How do you deal with stressful situations/customers?   Answer Question

Shift Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Starbucks (San Antonio, TX) in October 2016.

Interview

Very friendly. Free drink during interview. Basic "what would you do" or "how did you handle" questions. I dressed appropriately and still have my earrings and tattoos and they agreed they were all tasteful and welcome as self expression. Seems they care about their employees and want them to stand out while still being corporate. Offered the job, now just waiting for background check so I can start working.

Barista - Starbucks Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Starbucks.

Interview

The store I applied for is always busy, it took them a long time to get through to my application and even longer to get my background check done. Just be patient.. The interview is fairly simple, just be prepared we basic interview questions ready to go.

Barista Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Starbucks.

Interview

Just one hour, was not difficult. I went in dressed professionally for my interview but when I have seen others come in for an interview, business casual works. Manager was really nice, but it will all depend on who the store manager is. When I applied I applied through the Starbucks website and went into the store that I wanted in particular and asked if I could speak with the manager

Interview Questions

• Any experience with customers?
      Experience handling cash?
      Experience with cleaning?
      Answer Question

Barista - Starbucks Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Starbucks.

Interview

I attended the hiring event and the hiring manager will ask your availability, experience, which city of preference. It was a brief interview because there other people waiting in line to be called for an interview as well.

Interview Questions

• What days can you work? Why do you want to work with Starbucks? etc   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Silver Spring, MD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Starbucks (Silver Spring, MD).

Interview

Someone sits you down and begins to ask you a series of questions mostly just brief and should not take long then asks if you have any questions for them then offers a free drink on your way out

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of a time you provided excellent customer service   Answer Question

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Starbucks (San Francisco, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

Fast turnaround time! Good interview questions mostly based on situational and how you would respond in that scenario. Also they asked many questions on how you would develop your teams skills and how would you drive your business. The interview process is exactly how it was outlined on their careers website. I was interviewed by 2 District Managers as a panel and our interaction was very easy and fluid.

Interview Questions

• Describe what your direct reports say about your leadership style? What was the most recent feedback you received?   Answer Question