Starbucks Interview Questions in Los Angeles, CA | Glassdoor

Starbucks Interview Questions in Los Angeles, CA

Updated Jan 10, 2017

2.3

Anonymous Employee in Burbank, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Starbucks (Burbank, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

It was a straightforward process: I applied online, went to the store and followed up with the assistant manager, got an interview, followed up after the interview, and then was hired.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Starbucks?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Starbucks (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

Online application, submit up to 6 stores at once. Once in system anyone can retrieve it. Follow up with location of choice, express your availability and go in and introduce yourself to store manager.

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Starbucks (Los Angeles, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

It was a great process. I was interviewed by two District Managers who were very engaged, experienced, and direct. They highlighted great factors and difficulties relevant to the position. We went in depth with various duties and responsibilities and what they typically expect from Store Managers. They were very friendly yet to the point; they were truly where I aspire to be in the next five to six years.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to coach an employee pertaining to customer experience?
      Why would you like to work for Starbucks?
      What skills do you have that stand out/contribute to Starbucks?
      Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newbury Park, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Starbucks (Newbury Park, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

Applied to over 20 stores in area, didn't hear back from any. Called each store, landed an interview at one, I think the store thought I was desperate, because when I told them my availability they questioned me. Also didn't like I went to school. They questioned whether or not I would stay with the company after I finished school. This was via phone call. I had the interview a week later, showed up to the store. Gave me a free drink, staff weren't super friendly. They were already eyeing me up and down and sizing me up. I still held my own, and acted professional. The company basically has so many applicants that they don't care, and they have their pick of the draw. For every position, probably 50 people apply. I like their coffee but the company doesn't care because they have such a high popularity rate of people wanting to work there.
    After the interview, which lasted 5 minutes (see questions below only 3 asked), the manager was like well we have your information. And just walked away. Didn't allow me to ask any questions. I luckily landed a barista job at another coffee company the same day.

Anonymous Employee in Van Nuys, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Starbucks (Van Nuys, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

I applied for 4 Starbucks locations. I received a call a week later from the manager himself and we had a small phone interview and that same day scheduled a person to person interview. It's getting the interview that is tricky. Be persistent and call the locations you applied to.

Shift Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Starbucks (Los Angeles, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

Candid interview. Very realaxing. SM asked a few question. Went for second interview three days later. Called back three days later. SM said shes waiting for my background check to clear.

Interview Questions

• What was the worst experience I had with customer service and how did I deal with it.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Did not negotiate. Working there was all I needed.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norwalk, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Starbucks (Norwalk, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

Applied online. Got a phone call a few days later asking me to come in the next week. The interview had various interviewers scattered around the store, seated with one person or a group.

Interview Questions

• Name one experience from school or a previous job that demonstrated good leadership.   Answer Question

Shift Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Woodland Hills, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Starbucks (Woodland Hills, CA) in July 2016.

Interview

I applied on a friday and got a call monday to come in for an interview on tuesday. I sat down and was offered a free drink. She asked the basic questions like, "why do I want to work for starbucks", "What would you do if you weren't getting along with another partner", "How would you handle multiple tasks that need to be done", a lot of situational questions. She talked a lot about the company and the benefits. Make sure to mention teamwork, they are very big on that. She told me that she wanted to hire me right now and got my birth date to run a background check which takes a few days so now I am waiting to hear back about that.

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Starbucks (Irvine, CA) in July 2016.

Interview

Applied via a school hospitality application to multiple locations. Did not apply to starbucks but was contacted by manager via email and arranged interview for the evening. Manager was very friendly in person.

Interview Questions

• What is good customer service?   1 Answer
    • What is your strength?   1 Answer
    • Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Recieved a phone call stating what documents to bring and when to hear back by. Manager stated schedule is flexible based on my needs.

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Starbucks (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

Easy going, very casual, and not intimidating at all. I was offered a beverage prior to starting the interview. It was very conversational. I had zero work experience but I tailored all my answers towards my extra curricular activities and school.