Starbucks Interview Questions in Los Angeles, CA | Glassdoor

2.3

207 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rowland Heights, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Starbucks (Rowland Heights, CA) in September 2017.

Interview

customer services questions. such as how to handle upset customers. how to balance work and life. not different questions but should answer good. any working experience about management and so on.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Huntington Beach, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Starbucks (Huntington Beach, CA) in August 2017.

Interview

Got there early. Was offered a free drink. About 5 minutes after the scheduled interview time the manager came out and started the interview.

Asked a lot of just basic questions, can't quite remember all of them. Not too hard, not too easy, just an average interview.

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Starbucks (Los Angeles, CA) in July 2017.

Interview

The interview was friendly, comfortable and personal. It lasted about 1 1/2 hours. There was a very specific portion when I was asked many behavioral-type questions: tell me about a time when ...., that related to how I would deal with a particular issue in a managerial role. There were about 8 questions of this type. It was a clear format to determine readiness for management of a store.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your past experiences developing direct reports.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Ventura, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Starbucks (Ventura, CA) in July 2017.

Interview

I received a call the day before asking about my flexibility, I responded with "very flexible", we scheduled an interview for the following day. The entire interview took around 1 hour. There was a 5-10 minute break in between 3 interviews. 1st interview was mostly reviewing the information I submitted online and them getting to know who I am as a person (ex. what my hobbies and skills are). 2nd interview consisted of being asked a lot of "tell me a time when you displayed team work", "tell me about a time you were forced to deal with an angry customer", type of questions. The interviewers were very friendly and patient. There was a point in the interview where I couldn't remember the question mid sentence but the employer was sweet enough to repeat the question. 3rd Interviewer was the one to offer me a job as a barista. I guess the third one wasn't much of an interview. I mostly signed a consent to a background check and they gave me instructions on what to do next. Overall a lovely experience :^)

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Starbucks (Los Angeles, CA) in July 2017.

Interview

As I went in, I was offered a drink and waited until one of the managers was able to interview me. It was very quick since they had other candidates, a little less than 20 minutes. He said that he had to talk it over with the other manager first and that he would let me know once they had interviewed everyone. I think it went well, I'm still waiting on the call but it's barley been a week and a half.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Starbucks (Los Angeles, CA) in June 2017.

Interview

Got called a week after I applied and was asked the interview questions right then and there on the phone. The manager on the phone had interviewed me before previously and he knew me so we just got straight into the interview and he sounded optimistic about giving me the job until I told him I had to go to college in 3 months which caused him to refer me to another interview a week later at another store. I went into the store and interviewed with the manager there and got asked basically the same questions and came out confident, but unfortunately it's been a month and still no call.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you had a disagreement with a co-worker and how did you resolve it?   Answer Question

Barista - Starbucks Interview

Anonymous Employee in Long Beach, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Starbucks (Long Beach, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted through email about a group interview at the location I applied to. I went to the interview and was called back and offered the job within 2 days of the interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newport Beach, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Starbucks (Newport Beach, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

I got a call from the manager asking me to come in for an interview the following week.

I was waiting out in the guest area until 20 minutes after the scheduled start time, the shift lead had to go in back twice to remind the manager I was there. Manager burst out of the back and walks me over to one of the tables without introducing herself. She went down a list of questions she had with her-- pretty standard questions. One red flag was her needlessly interjecting that some past workers think the place is disorganized.

I was asked if I had any questions and I asked what she enjoyed about working there-- her answer was basically just the usual pay package/benefits/perks spiel. At this point the next applicant came in and she cut the interview off; she was sitting down with him at another table before I'd even gathered my resume and notes-- super rude. I was told I would get a call regardless of the decision, but I was still in the dark 10 days later. I called and was abruptly informed that they had gone with a different applicant.

To say the least, the management at this location is disorganized, but it didn't really feel as if my candidacy had been taken seriously. Starbucks is great, but this location isn't. If you're applying online, you might want to save your 6 allotted choices for a better store.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had a positive interaction with a customer.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dana Point, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Starbucks (Dana Point, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

It was a 25 min interview with a free drink while you wait. Very friendly and relatable manager, I haven't heard back yet. I would apply and interview again even if I don't get the position.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years and how does Starbucks play a role   Answer Question

Shift Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lake Forest, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Starbucks (Lake Forest, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

Easy questions, work experience, Day in the life of a Barista, What to expect, Training/standards, what availability do you have and work experience. Why do you want to work for starbucks all that jazz.