Starbucks Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 17, 2017

2.7

19 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Starbucks.

Interview

Very Good Feel
made me feel comfortable
very straight forward on the job
company sounded a good company to work for
Interviewer was very interested and willing to advance to next level of interviews

Interview Questions

• Why would you be a good Starbucks manager   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Starbucks

Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Starbucks.

Interview

The interviewer did not ask much at all. Not sure because they are not interested or it is their typical screening process. I don't think I was given enough time through the phone interview to tell more about myself.

Manager Interview

Interview

I interviewed with a Starbucks recruiter for a Manager position and I've been waiting for a follow up call back or an email for almost a month. I contacted the recruiter by email and by phone and I didn't get a response. I looked online and the position has been filled. I loved the company before I was treated like this and I would never suggest anyone to work for them.

Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Starbucks.

Interview

Applied on-line.
    Was contacted a month later for an interview.
    Had phone interview with the recruiter. Asked about resume and past experience. Was also told more about the position, which did NOT match the description I applied to. Was told the next step was an interview with the hiring manager, but that he was traveling so not sure when we could speak.

Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Starbucks.

Interview

Full day of interviews. Four to five interviews. Each interview either had one or two people in each interview. Interviews were largely behavioral / personality / resume review based. Different levels were part of the interview process. For the manager role, interviews consisted of an SFA panel, other Managers, Directors, and the VP.

Interview Questions

• What opportunity areas do you have and how will you seek to improve upon them if/should you work here?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alcatraz, NM

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 12+ months. I interviewed at Starbucks (Alcatraz, NM) in January 2013.

Interview

A fun interview, I enjoyed every moment of it. Honestly and truthfully, it was a liberating, fun, freedom filled experience. I would do it again. I think it was the best interview I have ever done, to be honest.

Anonymous Employee in Laguna Niguel, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Starbucks (Laguna Niguel, CA) in November 2012.

Interview

Phone interview with recruiter. It took several days of phone calls going back and forth to schedule. The recruiter was extremely engaged and helpful. She genuinely seemed to care about my chances to be offered a position. Instructed to take an extremely basic test which included math proficiency and basic communication skills. After this test I was sent to a hiring fair where I interviewed with 2 district managers. They used the same interviewing format, which has been confirmed to be the preferred format for the company. The questions were basic and could easily be answered if any job experience was present.

Interview Questions

• Behavioral interview questions. Give examples for scenarios one would be put in to based on past experiences.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Harrisburg, PA

Application

The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Starbucks (Harrisburg, PA) in May 2012.

Interview

I filled out an application online and received an email from the recruiter the very next morning. We set up a time for a phone interview 2 days later. We talked for about an hour then she set up a time for me to meet the DM the next day. I don't think it would have been a great fit but the recruiter was absolutely lovely to deal with and the DM was very nice as well. The questions were the basic behavioral type interview questions. The recruiter called me a couple days after the interview to let me know that they decided to go with another candidate and her message was by far the nicest of its kind I could ever imagine receiving. All in all a pleasant experience.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you made a decision that affected your entire organization.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Starbucks (Seattle, WA) in January 2012.

Interview

A whole-day interview consisted of multiple groups of interviewers. Not too stressful, very friendly partners. PR team emailed and arranged for interviews. First phone interview with hiring manager and followed by onsite interviews.

Anonymous Employee in Los Altos Hills, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Starbucks (Los Altos Hills, CA) in April 2011.

Interview

one on one interview discussed work culture and committment

Interview Questions

Negotiation

very easy