Starbucks Interview Questions in Michigan | Glassdoor

Updated May 15, 2017

2.2

Barista, Shift Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Battle Creek, MI

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Starbucks (Battle Creek, MI) in May 2017.

Interview

It was a nice change to the normal interview process that most places go through. we just talked about my app and pretty much get to know who i was.

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Starbucks (Detroit, MI).

Interview

Very easy interview easy questions more like a conversation. Free drink offered and hired on the spot after interview interviewer was very easy to talk to and not intimidating at all very nice like talking to a friend

Partner Interview

Anonymous Employee in Troy, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Starbucks (Troy, MI) in May 2016.

Interview

I was hired offsite for a different store, so another store manager was in charge of hiring me than the store I was going to end up in. I was somewhat familiar with the store manager I interviewed with, but I also feel like I could have done better had I interviewed with my actual store manager.

Interview Questions

• I was asked a lot about my customer service experience and how to handle various stressful situations.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Clarkston, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Starbucks (Clarkston, MI) in October 2015.

Interview

The interview process was very easy. All of the questions are scenario based and are fairly easy to field. The interviewer typically offers a drink and keeps the interviewee at ease. The interviewer will be looking for a very positive and customer centric attitude on top of a motivation to work and keep busy.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had to deal with a problem customer.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Rochester, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Starbucks (Rochester, MI) in August 2015.

Interview

they needed people so i did the "phone" interview in person with the team leader for starbucks at target, then i waited ten minutes and i did the second interview with the GM. real basic questions, super friendly and positive environment.

Interview Questions

• when was a time that you had to ask someone that was superior to you for more help   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Starbucks (Ann Arbor, MI) in June 2015.

Interview

The interview was short. Maybe 15 to 20 minutes. General questions. I felt I did pretty well and the interviewer seemed to like me. She told me there would be a second interview and I should get a call later that day or the beginning of next week at the latest. Well,that call never came. I found this misleading and rude. I didn't even know there was a second interview process. If she didn't think I was a good fit, she shouldn't of given me hope. I sat around waiting for a call that didn't come like an idiot for a few days. It was misleading, and in my case I really needed a job asap. It took away from me applying to other jobs because I took the second interview offer as a good sign.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Gratiot, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Starbucks (Fort Gratiot, MI) in June 2015.

Interview

I submitted my application online, and 10 minutes later I got a call from the store manager. She wanted to clarify with me why I requested a part-time position when I had such open availability, and after I explained she told me she wanted to set up an interview. The interview was like most, with mostly situational/behavior-based questions. She wanted specific examples to answer the questions, not just generally what you would do in the situation given. The manager/interviewer also asked me about my past jobs and what I liked and didn't like about them. Be sure to have well-thought questions to ask at the end of the interview, beyond what the wage is or when you'll know if you got the job. It really helped me to prepare an answer for the example interview questions people have submitted on here for Starbucks. The interview went very well but unfortunately the location was not hiring, just preparing for when a couple of their partners leave for full-time jobs elsewhere. The manager told me she would call as soon as a position came available.

Interview Questions

• How do you build good relationships with your fellow employees?   1 Answer
    • Give me an example of a time you went above and beyond to help a customer.   Answer Question
    • Give me an example of a time you did not meet a customer's expectations.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Starbucks (Ann Arbor, MI) in June 2015.

Interview

I applied online, and was called a couple days later. I first had a phone interview, and then was called in for an in person one. The interviewer was very nice and easy to talk to, and the questions were pretty easy. For the in person interview, they were mostly behavioral type questions, like what would you do in certain situations.

Anonymous Employee in Farmington Hills, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Starbucks (Farmington Hills, MI) in June 2015.

Interview

I applied for the position online and within a week I received a phone call from a store asking to interview me. I scheduled a time later that week and showed up to the store 20 minutes early for the interview. I went up to the front register, told the girl at the register I was here for an interview and took a seat inside the café. (*you can get a free drink before the interview if you'd like)

After a few minutes, I was greeted by the assistant manager and the interview began. We chatted for about 45 minutes and within a week I was hired.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Clarkston, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Starbucks (Clarkston, MI) in October 2014.

Interview

Applied online, was called later in the week. Set up an interview and was called shortly after the interview was over to be offered the position. It was relatively painless, but without submitting a resume I had to fill out a lot of fields and the application was a bit lengthy.

Interview Questions

• What would you say is your biggest weakness?   1 Answer