Starbucks Interview Questions in New Jersey | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 29, 2017

2.2

36 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Fairfield, NJ

Interview

Was very structured and questions were read off of prepared questions for all starbucks interviews. Be able to refer to past experiences in jobs and keep in mind that your job consists of customer service. Be a people pleaser!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Lee, NJ

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Starbucks (Fort Lee, NJ).

Interview

I scheduled an appointment for an interview with the manager at one of the stores. I went on the day of the interview and asked one of the workers where the manager was (because 10 min had gone past my interview time). She told me the manager wasn't here and that she would talk to the supervisor about the situation. After a long time, the supervisor never came out, and the worker simply told me that the manager wouldn't be coming in today. i didn't get any prior notice about this and had to come from New York City to NJ to have this interview. This is probably a special case but I hope there's a better system of contacting interviewees and potential employees because I did feel slightly embarrassed and disrespected.

Interview Questions

• What are your hours? (Didn't even have a proper interview)   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Lee, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Starbucks (Fort Lee, NJ) in May 2017.

Interview

I showed up to the store. The interview took place in store at a table . Great atmosphere. The manager was very friendly , but she was looking for something long term so she did not have to keep hiring people every six months. which I understood. I still like Sarbucks and the pay is above minimum wage which is great.

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Evesham, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Starbucks (Evesham, NJ) in December 2016.

Interview

I applied several times for this position, turned in a resume with 20 years of management experience, and profit & loss history, I showed a strong history of management of 80 employees with covering time off, flights to customers, overseeing 500 million dollars in sales. After several weeks I got a Telephone interview from a Starbucks Recruiter in NYC. The call lasted about 49 minutes. I was pretty much let to believe that the job was mine. I was told it would be a hands in training period if 8-12 weeks, and then after about 2 years I would be given my own store to manage, as a "Full Manager". Income, Benefits, time structure were all disclosed. I was told everything looked great, and the district managers would review my application and let me know in a week. Well the week went by, and no answer, then 2 weeks went by, and I decided to call the Recruiter back to find out what was happening. I was being proactive because I really wanted this position. Well after speaking to the recruiter again, I was told they were still waiting for a decision. It came in the way of a form letter email, and NOT as a phone call as I was told it would be... the standard "At this time you will not be moving in to the next level of the interview process, but we encourage you to apply again for another position at Starbucks." TOTALLY BLEW ME AWAY AFTER ALL THAT TROUBLE! I have applied for everything that Starbucks offers from "Cashiers to Manager" and I get the same stupid run around and the EXACT SAME RESPONSE OVER AND OVER! Same Standard Form Letter Response each time. I got so frustrated with them that I called in a complaint to the HR department in the corporate office. I wanted to know why I keep getting turned down for everything!?!? They have been slow to respond to my concerns over being told how I'm a perfect fit, and then being completely turned down. I'm starting to believe that it's my age that's causing me the problems being 49, but I see others working there that are passed the retirement age. It's very strange that they publish their hiring rate is 1 new person every hour! but I can't get a base job in any division. Believe me it's their loss.

Interview Questions

• Can you work AM, PM, Weekends, and Holidays   1 Answer
    • Explain how you deal with a difficult customer and a messed up order   Answer Question
    • How do you Handel a horrible person in front of a bunch of people   Answer Question
    • Explain how you would manage a team of employees and keeping everyone interested and happy at work   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Mount Laurel, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Starbucks (Mount Laurel, NJ) in April 2016.

Interview

I was offered a beverage before sitting down the the manager. She asked me a few basic questions to break the ice - Tell me about yourself, why do you want to work for Starbucks, what do you know about the barista role, stuff like that. Then she asked me to describe a situation where I was given feedback on the customer service I provided. They were all situational scenarios where I had to give real examples of what I did or how I responded, what I learned, etc. Pretty easy interview.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you had to complete a task without knowing the right answer or course of action. What did you do? What resources did you have?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in West Caldwell, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Starbucks (West Caldwell, NJ) in February 2016.

Interview

the hiring was quick i was hired with in a week. i only had to sit down for one interview that lasted about 30 minutes. They were eager to hire

Starbucks-Barista Interview

Anonymous Employee in Elizabeth, NJ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Starbucks (Elizabeth, NJ).

Interview

Since this was a brand new store opening I was interviewed by the district manager of another district first he asked me to talk about myself and I did. He liked my tenacity and passion when I spoke. In front of them they have a rubric of some kind and score you. I passed it because he had me interview with the manager of the store, so I had to move down because it was numerous people being interviewed as well. When I interviewed with the manager I answered all her question to my best ability and then as we talked more and more I realized that Starbucks is a place that I can see myself working at, who knew it would be 8 years later. The interview was in November 2007

Interview Questions

• Would you consider yourself a selfish or selfless person?   1 Answer

Barista - Starbucks Interview

Anonymous Employee in Edgewater, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Starbucks (Edgewater, NJ).

Interview

It wa super quick and easy. I got the job the next day or two. Very casual and relaxed. It was more like a conversation and you get a free drink just for being there

Barista - Starbucks Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gillette, NJ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Starbucks (Gillette, NJ) in November 2015.

Interview

It was a sit down with personal questions about certain situations and how you would react to them. Also asked to describe yourself, goals, and ambitions. It was myself and my current manager in the store.

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with an angry customer?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I asked questions about pay and benefits. I needed healthcare for my family and they met these requirements.

Anonymous Employee in Linden, NJ

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Starbucks (Linden, NJ) in September 2015.

Interview

They place neat signs letting patrons know they are hiring so I applied online. The next day I asked for the store manager and she explained what hours she needed coverage so I accepted. The next day I met the hiring manager for an interview in the morning to discuss my experience and goals. I did a follow-up email right after the interview and started working 2-3 days later

Interview Questions

• How did you and your former co-workers handle difficult situations?   1 Answer