Starbucks Interview Questions in New York, NY | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 12, 2017

2.2

146 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Starbucks (New York, NY) in August 2017.

Interview

I love Starbucks. I was hoping to go back with them and grow with there company into a store manager. It was weird felt like she didn't want to hire me even though I had Starbucks experience, and Barista experience. She also was getting personal with the questions. Telling me about herself. I got the vibes that she didn't wanna hire me because I wasn't gay. Worst interview ever.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Interview

They asked questions about my experience in hospitality and working under pressure. I felt they were asking in regards to see how competent or knowledgeable I was. I had little experience working with that.

Interview Questions

• Someone tells you that they made they their drink wrong while you are packed with more orders. They demand that they get a free drink and or a refund. What do you do?   1 Answer

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Starbucks (New York, NY).

Interview

Applied online. About two weeks later, a recruiter contacted me via email to schedule a phone interview. Right after the phone interview, I was invited to interview with two DM's in person. The next day, I was contacted by the recruiter and then scheduled a phone interview with a Regional manager. After that weekend passed, I was offered the position at $48,000. Super excited!

Interview Questions

• lots of STAR related questions, "tell me about a time when you had a difficult situation, how did you overcome it, what was the results"   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Starbucks (New York, NY) in May 2017.

Interview

It's best to visit each store you've applied to and give them your resume because applying online isn't enough. The hiring managers may take awhile to get back to you.

With my first interview I had visited the store, got a free drink and was asked questions about myself. They want upbeat, energetic and organized people, this was my first job and it really surprised me as to how easy the process was.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Starbucks (New York, NY).

Interview

Simple and comfortable interview with store manager. Ask about your personality, past experiences and reason for coming here. Nothing too difficult, okay process. Just be yourself and you'll be okay. Took about a week or so.

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Starbucks (New York, NY).

Interview

After I saw a job posting on an online website, I applied for the job. It was a quite easy and quick process. I answered some questions about previous part-time experiences. A quite easy and quick process.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Starbucks (New York, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

They ask you about previous experience, give you a short HR test and then ask you to spend one day of on the job training as a trial run. If all goes smoothly then you get a training session scheduled.

Data Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Starbucks (New York, NY).

Interview

There was absolutely no professionalism from the recruiter I was supposed to talk to for a phone screen. The recruiter asked me to schedule a time on their calendar for a 30-minute call and on that day I did not get a call. I tried sending two email follow ups and did not hear anything back. The day after, I tried to call their office number, but it had no voice message so the phone continued to ring. I got a call from the recruiter a couple hours later and when I tried to speak they were not able to hear me on their end...sounded like they were outside in the streets at that time. After the call got disconnected they never attempted to contact back. This was the most disappointing interview experience I've ever had because there wasn't even one to begin with. Starbucks HR needs to ensure they hire recruiters who show respect and professionalism to job candidates.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Starbucks (New York, NY).

Interview

I went in for my interview and was told to wear all black. After the interview, I was told to get behind the bar and start working. It was pretty intimidating but I enjoyed it, to start.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Interview

Easy asked basic questions about your self like strengths weakness etc. I met with the Manger and we discussed my resume and hours I would want and be able to work.