Starbucks Interview Questions in New York State | Glassdoor

Starbucks Interview Questions in New York State

Updated Jun 26, 2017

2.2

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Interview

They asked questions about my experience in hospitality and working under pressure. I felt they were asking in regards to see how competent or knowledgeable I was. I had little experience working with that.

Interview Questions

• Someone tells you that they made they their drink wrong while you are packed with more orders. They demand that they get a free drink and or a refund. What do you do?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Starbucks (New York, NY) in May 2017.

Interview

It's best to visit each store you've applied to and give them your resume because applying online isn't enough. The hiring managers may take awhile to get back to you.

With my first interview I had visited the store, got a free drink and was asked questions about myself. They want upbeat, energetic and organized people, this was my first job and it really surprised me as to how easy the process was.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Starbucks (New York, NY).

Interview

Simple and comfortable interview with store manager. Ask about your personality, past experiences and reason for coming here. Nothing too difficult, okay process. Just be yourself and you'll be okay. Took about a week or so.

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Starbucks (New York, NY).

Interview

After I saw a job posting on an online website, I applied for the job. It was a quite easy and quick process. I answered some questions about previous part-time experiences. A quite easy and quick process.

Interview Questions

• Have you worked in a cafe?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Starbucks (New York, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

They ask you about previous experience, give you a short HR test and then ask you to spend one day of on the job training as a trial run. If all goes smoothly then you get a training session scheduled.

Data Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Starbucks (New York, NY).

Interview

There was absolutely no professionalism from the recruiter I was supposed to talk to for a phone screen. The recruiter asked me to schedule a time on their calendar for a 30-minute call and on that day I did not get a call. I tried sending two email follow ups and did not hear anything back. The day after, I tried to call their office number, but it had no voice message so the phone continued to ring. I got a call from the recruiter a couple hours later and when I tried to speak they were not able to hear me on their end...sounded like they were outside in the streets at that time. After the call got disconnected they never attempted to contact back. This was the most disappointing interview experience I've ever had because there wasn't even one to begin with. Starbucks HR needs to ensure they hire recruiters who show respect and professionalism to job candidates.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Interview

Easy asked basic questions about your self like strengths weakness etc. I met with the Manger and we discussed my resume and hours I would want and be able to work.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Starbucks (New York, NY).

Interview

I went in for my interview and was told to wear all black. After the interview, I was told to get behind the bar and start working. It was pretty intimidating but I enjoyed it, to start.

Barista - Starbucks Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Interview

They ask you questions about why you interested in Starbucks and if you're a good fit culturally within the organization. The questions are not too hard. They also ask you behavioral questions to see your leadership abilities

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Starbucks (New York, NY).

Interview

Submit resume online first. The supervisor will talk to you through emails. A short interview will follow in two weeks. A few behavioral questions were asked like why do you want to join Starbucks? Some resume questions.