Starbucks Interview Questions in North Carolina | Glassdoor

Starbucks Interview Questions in North Carolina

Updated Feb 19, 2017

2.2

Anonymous Employee in Greensboro, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Starbucks (Greensboro, NC).

Interview

Applied online with the basic questions. Called a week later to follow up. Received a call for an on-site interview which lasted around 30 minutes. Was offered, and accepted the job within the week. Started quickly and had the basic HR requirements.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time when you made a mistake.
      How did you deal with a problem at the workplace?
      Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Holly Spring, NC

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Starbucks (Holly Spring, NC) in May 2016.

Interview

I was asked if I wanted a free drink while waiting on the manager, I arrived about 5 minutes early. The manager took me to a secluded table for the interview. Majority of the questions were about why I wanted to work at Starbucks and what I knew about the company, followed by questions about teamwork and conflict resolution. The whole interview was about 20 minutes.

Interview Questions

• What was a conflict you had with a coworker? How was it resolved?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greensboro, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Starbucks (Greensboro, NC) in April 2016.

Interview

The interview was pretty relaxed. They were running late but I was offered a free drink which made the wait pretty enjoyable. They asked standard questions: why Starbucks, describe yourself, ect. We talked for about 30 minutes and they went over the benefits package and how amazing the company is to work for. They said they'd do a background check and call me back about the position.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a situation where your coworkers were doing something that broke the rules?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Huntersville, NC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Starbucks (Huntersville, NC).

Interview

I applied in person after befriending several of the baristas at the store. I worked at a grocery store in the same shopping center and was looking for a new job. All of the baristas knew me by name and by my drink and they encouraged me to apply. I was called for an interview about a week after I applied and the interview was pretty relaxed, it took place in the back room of the store. The manager asked me standard interview questions (tell me about a time when, how would you handle X situation, etc.) and asked if I was willing and able to work early morning hours. I did well and was offered the job on the spot, then filled out paperwork and started about two weeks later.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a customer who was unhappy with their drink order?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Starbucks (Raleigh, NC) in November 2015.

Interview

Applied online--you can apply simultaneously to several locations and positions at once--and the reply for an interview was fairly quick; I received a call to come in within about a week. The interview itself was very relaxed, it covered the basic skills and training process, and was clearly focused on making the customer happy and absolutely satisfied with their order.

Interview Questions

• What do you consider a great customer service experience?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Fayetteville, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Starbucks (Fayetteville, NC) in November 2015.

Interview

Usually, interviewer will allow one free beverage before your interview. They will ask you basic interview questions. After hired, it takes a few Day before you background check come back after that, the fun begins!

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Starbucks (Raleigh, NC) in October 2015.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted a few days later. Initially she asked a few questions over the phone about what I was looking for in a job and my availability. We scheduled an interview for the next day. The interview was straight forward. They gave me a free coffee and the job description to look over. The actual interview was extremely easy. The store manager that was interviewing me made small talk and then asked several situation based questions. She also asked about my current job and what my time commitment to Starbucks would be for the future. She was extremely friendly.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you received bad customer service. What happened & what was your response?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time you received unexpected negative feedback. What happened and what did you do?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time you saw a coworker breaking the rules or protocols.   Answer Question

Barista, Shift Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlington, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Starbucks (Burlington, NC) in August 2015.

Interview

I applied for two stores, and called up the store managers of both stores to pursue interviews. One manager was on vacation, so I interviewed with another. The manager was actually preparing staff for a newly opening store location. I was to be a rehire, since I worked for the company about ten years ago. The interview seemed to go great, but several weeks went by while I waited for the partner rehire request to get back. At this point, I finally received a call from the manager telling me that she was "going another way." Any inquiries were to be made to the Partner Resource Center (who had already told me that I was eligible for rehire). Waste of time.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a situation where you gave excellent customer service? Give an example of when you had to make a tough decision while supervising? Blah, blah.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Asheville, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Starbucks (Asheville, NC) in August 2015.

Interview

There was quite a few scenario questions. Giving examples of your own experiences based on your own real life situations. You were also asked questions on how to resolve a matter with partner to partner or partner/customer etc.

Anonymous Employee in Durham, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Starbucks (Durham, NC) in August 2015.

Interview

I was recruited by another employee of Starbucks from the job I had. When I showed up for the first interview the Store manager did not. He did not call, nor did he later apologize for keeping me waiting. I was driven home by a regular customer who informed me that this was his typical modus operandi. He called the district manager on my behalf.

Interview Questions

• Am I comfortable in a fast-paced and stressful environment?   1 Answer
    • Do you learn new things quickly?   1 Answer
    • Do you speak any other languages?   1 Answer