Starbucks Interview Questions in North Carolina | Glassdoor

2.3

39 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Shift Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boone, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Starbucks (Boone, NC).

Interview

I was asked about my personal life, who I am as a person and a leader. I could tell the manager really wanted to get to know me and was honest and easy to talk to. She and I had a nice conversation and it led to me getting the job right on the spot.

Interview Questions

• When was a time you proved to have strong leadership capabilities?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Asheville, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Starbucks (Asheville, NC).

Interview

Quick and easy. Didn't get too personal, just wanted to know last job history, background history, ability to pass drug screen, a few business questions, and a little about the company overall.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Starbucks (Raleigh, NC) in March 2017.

Interview

When you first walk in for the interview, you are offered a free drink of any size... take the drink as it shows your interest in Starbucks' products. Then you will have a casual sit down interview with the hiring manager. No need to dress in a suit in tie. just a nice casual outfit. (khaki pants and a button down would work)
    There are many videos online that can help you prepare for this interview. Make sure you mention that coffee brings smiles to people's faces and you would like to help start customer's days with a smile.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Starbucks?   1 Answer
    • Tell an example of a situation of when you had a leadership role and encountered a problem. As a leader, how did you solve the problem? What steps did you take?   Answer Question
    • What is your favorite drink on the menu?   1 Answer

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Starbucks (Charlotte, NC) in March 2017.

Interview

I received an email to choose a time to interview with a recruiter. She called me promptly at my chosen time and was super sweet and bubbly. She asked a lot of behavioral questions. After that, I had an in person interview with 2 DMs and had an offer by the end of that week. The whole process from email to offer took about 3 weeks.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had a lot on your plate. How did you handle it?   Answer Question

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Starbucks (Raleigh, NC) in January 2017.

Interview

I received an email regarding the date of the phone interview and then received a phone interview. The process was very non personal. I am not sure what else so say but to move forward with your process, I have to have 30 words

Anonymous Employee in Greensboro, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Starbucks (Greensboro, NC).

Interview

Applied online with the basic questions. Called a week later to follow up. Received a call for an on-site interview which lasted around 30 minutes. Was offered, and accepted the job within the week. Started quickly and had the basic HR requirements.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time when you made a mistake.
      How did you deal with a problem at the workplace?   Answer Question

Barista - Starbucks Interview

Anonymous Employee in Holly Spring, NC

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Starbucks (Holly Spring, NC) in May 2016.

Interview

I was asked if I wanted a free drink while waiting on the manager, I arrived about 5 minutes early. The manager took me to a secluded table for the interview. Majority of the questions were about why I wanted to work at Starbucks and what I knew about the company, followed by questions about teamwork and conflict resolution. The whole interview was about 20 minutes.

Interview Questions

• What was a conflict you had with a coworker? How was it resolved?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greensboro, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Starbucks (Greensboro, NC) in April 2016.

Interview

The interview was pretty relaxed. They were running late but I was offered a free drink which made the wait pretty enjoyable. They asked standard questions: why Starbucks, describe yourself, ect. We talked for about 30 minutes and they went over the benefits package and how amazing the company is to work for. They said they'd do a background check and call me back about the position.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a situation where your coworkers were doing something that broke the rules?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Huntersville, NC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Starbucks (Huntersville, NC).

Interview

I applied in person after befriending several of the baristas at the store. I worked at a grocery store in the same shopping center and was looking for a new job. All of the baristas knew me by name and by my drink and they encouraged me to apply. I was called for an interview about a week after I applied and the interview was pretty relaxed, it took place in the back room of the store. The manager asked me standard interview questions (tell me about a time when, how would you handle X situation, etc.) and asked if I was willing and able to work early morning hours. I did well and was offered the job on the spot, then filled out paperwork and started about two weeks later.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a customer who was unhappy with their drink order?   Answer Question

Barista - Starbucks Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Starbucks (Raleigh, NC) in November 2015.

Interview

Applied online--you can apply simultaneously to several locations and positions at once--and the reply for an interview was fairly quick; I received a call to come in within about a week. The interview itself was very relaxed, it covered the basic skills and training process, and was clearly focused on making the customer happy and absolutely satisfied with their order.

Interview Questions

• What do you consider a great customer service experience?   1 Answer