Starbucks Interview Questions in Oregon | Glassdoor

2.3

23 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Barista - Starbucks Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Starbucks (Portland, OR) in September 2017.

Interview

Applied online through Starbucks website to a specific Starbucks location I wanted to work at. The manager of the location called me a few days later to conduct a very short phone "interview" and invited me to do an interview in person. In person interview was very fast with simple questions (ex. "Why did you choose Starbucks?"). He said he liked me and told me that we just needed to conduct a background check online. Results came back in a day and I was offered the job.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to complete a task on the job that you did not want to do? How did you handle it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Starbucks (Portland, OR).

Interview

IF a store manager gives you an interview they usually higher you on the spot. Unless they see something they dont like. Go into the store and introduce yourself. Be very excited and bubbly and you should get the job if there are any openings.

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with a problem customer?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Starbucks (Portland, OR) in October 2016.

Interview

I went into a store to talk about my submitted application and was invited to a hiring fair (just the managers at a Starbucks on a Saturday morning). I went there and they picked a manager for me to talk with and she asked me about 12 questions, mostly situational about previous customer service work but not entirely. We also chatted about her history with Starbucks and the company in general.

Interview Questions

• They asked about times I had a challenge in a customer service situation I think.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I negotiated when I would be available and they were very receptive. I did not negotiate salary.

Anonymous Employee in Lake Oswego, OR

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Starbucks (Lake Oswego, OR) in October 2015.

Interview

Very basic and average questions, trying to get a feel for who you are as a person. Dressing up to your interview (clean shaven) and presentable is a must. Be persistent, Managers are often trying to find as many hours for their current employees as possible. The only way you'll get a seat as a barista is if you show how bad you want it. Show your manager that you want to work there and what you'll provide for them (positives I hope).

Barista - Starbucks Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Starbucks (Portland, OR) in September 2015.

Interview

I was asked about my experience and how I handle situations since Starbucks is big on customer service. It was 1:1 and was a pretty easy interview. The manager made it a nice process and not intimidating.

Interview Questions

• How I handle customers when they are not happy with service/drink   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Starbucks (Portland, OR) in June 2015.

Interview

I acquired an interview at a job fair for the Portland downtown area...I was expecting to have a closed off private interview rather than sit at a table next to a customer drinking coffee, dressed in professional apparel answering questions about my strengths and weaknesses. It caught me by surprise, and luckily I interview well....but it would've been nice to be warned about that.. There was one woman that interviewed me and she was very kind and down to earth. It didn't feel like I was interviewing for a giant corporation, but instead a small company- which to me was less intimidating because I had only worked for small companies before...however that was just a matter of me being lucky with who interviewed me.

Interview Questions

• I got asked questions I wasn't prepared for, because they were less common questions than I'd had in the past...

Questions such as- "How do you handle a coworker who can be dominating?" (Usually it goes "What do you do if a co-worker is doing something against company policy?")

"What is the worst customer service you have either been served with or served a person with?" ("Usually it goes what is the BEST....?"

"How do you handle a situation you don't know the answer to?"   Answer Question

I declined due to a recent move and my location being undetermined at the time (was expecting to live where the interview took place- however things changed literally ON the day of the interview.)

Shift Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pendleton, OR

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Starbucks (Pendleton, OR) in April 2015.

Interview

Pretty standard interview regarding customer service, they want to make sure that this is your top priority. Next, make sure that you communicate that your attention to detail is a top priority as well. Also, they want you to be flexible with scheduling as it will change constantly depending on business priorities.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle difficult customers?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Starbucks (Portland, OR) in March 2015.

Interview

It was a fairly quick and easy interview process. They have you do two interviews, however they ask the same questions both times. Previous experience is a plus, however they mainly just want a positive and easy-going attitude that is excited about being in the Starbucks environment. You definitely need to want to work with Starbucks for an extended period of time to be more seriously competitive.

Anonymous Employee in Wilsonville, OR

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Starbucks (Wilsonville, OR) in November 2014.

Interview

The interview process consisted of a brief phone interview asking if I was still interested in the position, then an in-person interview with the manager of the location. I was asked to wait nearly two weeks after the interview until I started, but it was worth it.

Interview Questions

• What was one situation in which you believe you received excellent customer service?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Bend, OR

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Starbucks (Bend, OR) in October 2014.

Interview

I handed my resume to the manager, he looked at it, asked me to come in at 1pm the next day for an interview. I completed the interview, he said he would get back to me in the next week or so. I went back 2 days later for a drink, the manager and district manager were standing outside, and the manager said "I was going to call you today to offer you the position! This is our district manager". I accepted, and completed paperwork the next day.

Interview Questions

• What is your definition of customer service?   1 Answer