Starbucks Interview Questions in San Jose, CA | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 17, 2017

2.2

43 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Starbucks (San Jose, CA).

Interview

Applied online and got a call back for an interview. Very straight forward questions for the jobs. The person who interviewed me, shared some interesting facts about the company and the perks that come along with the job.

Anonymous Employee in Cupertino, CA

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Starbucks (Cupertino, CA) in August 2017.

Interview

I applied online, got the email to schedule an interview a few days later. Pretty easy interview and now I am waiting for the background check to be completed. Don't be nervous because it's not hard.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Starbucks (San Jose, CA) in July 2017.

Interview

They ask you multiple questions from a sheet of paper. They would give you scenarios and ask about you and then ask whether or not you have any questions. They would then finish the interview and shake your hand and that would be it.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if a customer was unsatisfied with their drink?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Starbucks (San Jose, CA) in July 2017.

Interview

They asked a lot of questions about my personality and how I would handle myself in various situations. Starbucks really looks at what kind of person you are, not necessarily your skill level.

Interview Questions

• Q: What would you do if a customer was upset with you?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Starbucks (Santa Clara, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

A fun short interview with the Store Manager that I enjoyed. I was also one of the first interviews that I didn't have to pester the company to finally give me an interview. It gave me a real insight into what good managers use as good interview tools.

Interview Questions

• How would you resolve an argument between your coworkers?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Starbucks (Santa Clara, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

Apply online, get a call and most likely get hired on the spot. Starbucks is technically always hiring so 80% of the time you'll get hired. Especially the realy busy one. After you accept the offer, they run a quick background and then you'll start training.

Interview Questions

• What's your availability?
      Are you comfortable working at a fast paced environment?
      Give an example of bad customer service   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Starbucks (San Jose, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

I applied online and got a reply the next day. The interview was scheduled for the following Thursday.
    During the interview I said I was looking for a job but it would take 3+ months to train me. So in the end the interview was only about 3 questions long.

Interview Questions

• What times are you available?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Starbucks (San Jose, CA) in May 2016.

Interview

Super chill, the guy who interviewed me was really friendly. I'm a college student, so he asked a bit about that, in terms of availability. I'd recommend looking up the mission statement and company values, and find a way to mention it during the interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Starbucks (Santa Clara, CA) in May 2016.

Interview

One on one with store manager. Easy conversation, over the phone. Manager asks several questions regarding personality, integrity, and drive. Asked about previous experience and where I saw myself going in the next 10 years.

Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Starbucks (Mountain View, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

Very friendly, very straight forward with the mentality behind the operations. Gave an extensive overview of the Starbucks mission statement. However, this particular store has a very high employee turnover rate.