Starbucks Interview Questions in San Jose, CA | Glassdoor

Starbucks Interview Questions in San Jose, CA

Updated Feb 9, 2017

2.1

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Starbucks (San Jose, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

I applied online and got a reply the next day. The interview was scheduled for the following Thursday.
    During the interview I said I was looking for a job but it would take 3+ months to train me. So in the end the interview was only about 3 questions long.

Interview Questions

• What times are you available?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Starbucks (San Jose, CA) in May 2016.

Interview

Super chill, the guy who interviewed me was really friendly. I'm a college student, so he asked a bit about that, in terms of availability. I'd recommend looking up the mission statement and company values, and find a way to mention it during the interview

Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Starbucks (Mountain View, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

Very friendly, very straight forward with the mentality behind the operations. Gave an extensive overview of the Starbucks mission statement. However, this particular store has a very high employee turnover rate.

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Starbucks (San Jose, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

One of the chillest interviews I've had. Shift leader did not ask any of the questions I've prepared (Why should we hire you? Strengths and weaknesses?) but rather asked me questions relating to how well I work with others. The rest of the time was me asking questions about the job, and him describing his experience. So lowkey, I thought he was milking me the whole time. Lasted around 30 minutes.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you saw a coworker do something dishonorable?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiations

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Starbucks (San Jose, CA) in September 2015.

Interview

Recruiter called, did initial screen, liked me, scheduled a 1-2 hour meeting with two DMs. I got a call 2-3 days after the meeting and was offered the job. They did a background check. I accepted job.

Interview Questions

• It was more of a conversation framed with questions that they wanted answered in specific ways (that they outlined at the front of the interview).   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Starbucks (San Jose, CA).

Interview

I came in with my resume. My manager was there that day and gave me an on the spot interview. Asked basic questions. Make sure you dress up and do not wear jeans.

Interview Questions

• What customer service background do you have? Tell me about your favorite coffee beverage? How is your time management? Are you open to closing and opening the store?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Starbucks (San Jose, CA).

Interview

Very straightforward questions. I didn't have to dress in a full blown business suit. My advice is to have confidence and show that you are able to have a casual conversation with anybody.

Interview Questions

• If there are two customers approaching you at the same time, who do you help first.   1 Answer
    • Tell me something about yourself.   1 Answer

Shift Lead, Barista Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Starbucks (San Jose, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

Casual setting, literally sitting next to customers while the interview happens. I met with the Store Manager as well as the Assistant Store Manager. They offered me a drink while i waited for them to get prepared (TAKE THE DRINK!). The interview took no more than 20 minutes. They informed me that they would be calling me back when they reached a decision and they did!

Interview Questions

• Have you ever had a coworker disrespect you and how did you handle it?   Answer Question
    • why did you leave your last job?   Answer Question
    • why do you want to work for us?   Answer Question
    • Have you ever had someone tell you on the job that you weren't doing something right or was constantly cutting you down on your work? Explain.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Starbucks (San Jose, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

I applied online and was called in for an in person interview in the store. The manager asked me a few questions. Afterwards he told me that he was more concerned with how I answered the questions (tone, confidence, the way I presented myself, etc.) than the actual responses. The manger was friendly. I feel like Starbucks is always hiring. If you go in with a positive attitude and seem competent, you'll do fine.

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Starbucks (San Jose, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

Out in the lobby, a little casual. I went in a little early and they offered me a free drink until I waited for the hiring manager. Throughout the interview I just kept talking a lot about past experiences and how starbucks was a ilttle similar to my old job.

Interview Questions

• why i want to work there, explain what you would do in certain situations, how friendly i am and how i get along with other   Answer Question