Starbucks Interview Questions in Seattle, WA | Glassdoor

2.7

187 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Informational Interview Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Starbucks (Seattle, WA).

Interview

A truly confusing and off-putting process. After the treatment I received from a recruiter, I am no longer interested in anything with Starbucks. They promised to keep in touch and invited me for coffee to connect further, but never replied to any of my emails or voicemail after our initial phone conversation. I don't understand why recruiters feel the need to string candidates along. I can handle honesty and would have appreciated hearing it directly rather than the silent treatment.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself. Why Starbucks? How does your experience match with our company's vision and current needs?   Answer Question

Service Desk Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Starbucks (Seattle, WA).

Interview

Being a current store partner, I was comfortable being myself surrounded by other partners who have been in the company for more than 10 years. Overall, I had a positive interview experience.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any other plans to grow within the company?   Answer Question

Senior Cloud Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Starbucks (Seattle, WA) in October 2017.

Interview

The journey started after applying through the careers website directly. HR then contacted to know the basic information about skills and time for technical discussion. Then first technical discussion with the manager was scheduled and it went telephonic about 1 hour. After a week, I was asked to attend the onsite interview which comprised of 5 rounds of discussion and the panelists are from various domain experience like infrastructure specialist, architect, application developer, etc
    It was not like an interview rather it went like a technical discussion where they tried to question and probe a scenario and evaluated the responses. They touched every aspect mentioned in the resume and went all the day long around.

Interview Questions

• General aspects of cloud and security, architecture / engineering solutions in AWS, different scenario based questions, networking basics, scripting questions   Answer Question

Infrastructure Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Starbucks (Seattle, WA).

Interview

Applied online via their ATS platform, a recruiter connected with me a few days later and asked several generic questions, then have their recruiting assistant go over scheduling details for an onsite interview at their SoDo HQ with four individuals in the same team plus hiring manager/team lead.
    Allow me to get to the point (I'm sure some of you will appreciate this) - overall experience was not challenging nor engaging. I was just asked generic questions; I think, they were just trying to get a feel of my personality.
    Fast-forward to hiring manager interview slot, 90% of his questions didn't relate to my resume, past experiences, etc., just off topic questions, which was weird/awkward and very unprofessional. My impression of him? Waste of time. Want to know about his topics?: His favorite Chinese restaurant and local foods.
    I wasn't offered the role, but looking back, I'd probably would have left or transferred to a different team, if I was.

Interview Questions

• If you are working with X size of pipe/conduit, how many cables/wires can fit in?   1 Answer
    • Where do you live?   1 Answer

Barista Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Starbucks (Seattle, WA) in August 2017.

Interview

I had a phone screening which was like a mini interview. After that she invited me to go to an inperson interview which was a couple days later. I wore nice black skinny jeggings and a black blouse and black flats. I checked in and they gave me a goody bag. Then i sat down with two girls and they were friendly and immediately started asking me the questions. TIP: before the interview i spent a lot of time writing down the interview questions that ppl post on glassdoor. Then i had ppl ask me them over and over until i would know what to respond. That helped so much because the questions they asked me were basically those VERY questions, slight variations. You want to have an arsenal of answers.. because it is hard to think of them on the spot and you dont want to be speechless. Sit tall and talk confidently. It's not that hard I said um a bunch of times and sometimes my answers were a little rambly but it was fine. Be prepared to talk a lot about teamwork and customer service, those are big ones. Practice practice practice. Most importantly pray in jesus name and He will hear you! Thank you Father in heaven and thank you glassdoor!

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself?   Answer Question
    • Why Starbucks?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time where you had to use strong teamwork capabilities.   Answer Question
    • How would you deal with a difficult customer or someone who said their drink was made wrong?   Answer Question
    • Customer connection is really important at starbucks, what is a time where you displayed strong skills in customer connection (customer service)   Answer Question

Business Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Starbucks (Seattle, WA) in August 2017.

Interview

I applied for a position at the end of April, was contacted by a recruiter a few weeks later, and had a phone interview with the recruiter about a month after I applied. A couple weeks later, I had a phone interview with the hiring manager. That conversation was great and the hiring manager had really good things to say about the company and his team. About 2 months went by (with some contact with the recruiter, he did not have any updates), and then I was invited to come in for an in-person interview. The interview consisted of 4 30 min sessions with different people. Everyone was super welcoming, positive, and made me excited about the role. Even if I hadn't been offered a position, I would have walked away with a very positive experience overall.

Interview Questions

• What is your greatest career success? Failure?   Answer Question
    • Name a time when you went above and beyond for a customer.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you experienced a conflict at work.   Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Starbucks (Seattle, WA) in August 2017.

Interview

The process was quite fast as most times it can take a long time. I worked directly with the hiring manager via email and a phone interview was granted within the week of our conversation.

Program Manager Interview

Application

Interview

Each of the skills HR posed questions to me about, which were critical to the role, were not listed within the job posting. It was as if I was interviewing for a completely different role than what I'd applied for. I would never have applied for this particular role if they'd posted a true and accurate job description.

Generic job descriptions will only get you so far in finding good candidate matches for roles, Starbucks. Please take the time to post accurate job descriptions.

Huge waste of time for all of us.

Interview Questions

• The questions were inappropriate based on the posted job description.   Answer Question

Barista Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Starbucks (Seattle, WA).

Interview

It was very casual. The manager was very nice and let me get a free drink first. When wanting to get a job at Starbucks, definitely apply online, then go in with a resume (cover letter can be a small bonus but not necessary), and be FRIENDLY to every single person you interact with in the store.

Interview Questions

• What do you do when a customer is very upset with their order?   1 Answer

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Starbucks (Seattle, WA) in July 2017.

Interview

Typical question and answer. The phone interview went over my resume. The second interview started with the hiring manager telling me they had a "hard stop" in 30 minutes- this interview went over my resume again. Third interview was with the hiring manager's supervisor and he actually asked interview questions and I was able to ask questions of the role and the environment. There was no communication from Starbucks- in fact when they decided on the candidate and did not communicate it back to the candidates. I found out after contacting the recruiter - she sent an email back to me. I assumed after 4 interviews someone would have sent a courtesy email or phone call letting me know the outcome- I was wrong.

Interview Questions

• Describe how you dealt with a difficult project, and what was the outcome?   Answer Question